Hello! As of yesterday, my playbook just stopped charging. I am using the
    one that came with it, the Micro-USB one I believe it's called, the one
    that plugs into a wall outlet. A month back, the charger gradually became
    more loose, and loose. My car charger worked fine a week ago, but I haven't had the chance to charge it from there. I then googled it, and one person replied to someone else with "do a security wipe". I did it, and it still don't charge and it is now stuck at "battery is critically low" or something like that. It doesn't charge with the cord that connects it to the computer either. I really hope to fix it without having to buy something else, like a rapid charger. Thanks in advance.
    08-25-14 11:30 PM
    Welcome to the forum kiriyaka!!! I wanted to help you out however I haven't got a playbook yet. Hopefully some admin will answer your questions real soon. Usually it takes them 3 to 6 days to answer. Good luck..
    08-26-14 12:33 AM
    Hello! As of yesterday, my playbook just stopped charging. I am using the
    one that came with it, the Micro-USB one I believe it's called, the one
    that plugs into a wall outlet. A month back, the charger gradually became
    more loose, and loose. My car charger worked fine a week ago, but I haven't had the chance to charge it from there. I then googled it, and one person replied to someone else with "do a security wipe". I did it, and it still don't charge and it is now stuck at "battery is critically low" or something like that. It doesn't charge with the cord that connects it to the computer either. I really hope to fix it without having to buy something else, like a rapid charger. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry to hear about your PlayBook charging issues.Does your computer recognize the Playbook when you use the usb cable? If not,you have a bad connection in the usb mini plug.You will need a Rapid Charger!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-26-14 08:25 AM
    You can get the rapid charger (the unit with the magnetic connector that breaks away if you walk thru the cable)
    for about 10 bucks.
    Your biggest issue is if you can do backup/restore thru your USB port. Just make sure you use the Data Cable that came with the Playbook, some cables are just charging cables. Also, pc will barely charge the unit. Even if off takes a full 24/36 hr.s to charge.Rapid charger = 2/3 hrs.
    If that port is damaged you will have to resort to doing maintenance thru WiFi.
    Somebody else has a similar situation, you can do wifi backup easily here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-954035/
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    08-26-14 09:10 AM
    I guess I'll have to buy it then. I just wish that I wouldn't have to buy an extra accessory, especially if I didn't do anything that would've led to this situation.I don't remember any situation where it would break, I've always taken good care of it. Anyways, thanks for the help. I guess I will be buying the rapid charger.
    08-28-14 06:06 PM
    I guess I'll have to buy it then. I just wish that I wouldn't have to buy an extra accessory, especially if I didn't do anything that would've led to this situation.I don't remember any situation where it would break, I've always taken good care of it. Anyways, thanks for the help. I guess I will be buying the rapid charger.
    Unfortunately, one of the issues with playbook is the USB port. It's easily damaged. I have the foresight of buying the rapid charger and the dock charger earlier on am glad to have them. It's the best charging of any devices. I wish they would implement that for the phone as well.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-29-14 08:06 AM