When I bought my Playbook in July, I was able to pair it to my 9800 Torch, for Blackberry Bridge and tethering, without any problems. And I used Bridge quite a bit for the first few months. But I then stopped using it, as I have access to WiFi all the time.

Then, I needed Bridge again this morning, but it didn't pair despite repeated attempts. So I deleted the phone's profile on the Playbook and the Playbook's profile on the phone and tried connecting again, but that didn't work either. Here's what I do: I go to Bridge on the 9800, and "add new tablet" manually. It finds my Playbook and then asks me to check if there is the same 6-digit code on the tablet and phone. I choose "yes" on both, and "authenticating bridge connection" comes up on the 9800. However, then it cannot connect: After 45 seconds of trying, my 9800 spits out a "failed to connect with Playbook" message. I also tried connecting through the barcode scan, but I got a "an error occurred connecting to your smartphone through Blackberry Bridge" message.

All my software is up to date: Bridge, Playbook, phone, etc... In fact, the connection was working as late as February or so, before the latest Playboook OS, Bridge updates, so I am suspecting this problem may have something to do with those updates.

Bridge was a big point for me on choosing the Playbook, so I'd be very grateful for any help on this...
    06-26-12 01:51 AM
    I suggest you start again and delete both profiles. Delete the bridge app as well, and then try downloading it from rroyy.com hope this helps. Goodluck!!
    06-26-12 02:19 AM
    Still getting the same messages.

Thanks anyway....
    06-26-12 04:51 AM
    Delete the profile on both. Deleted the bridge app on the phone, do a battery pull, 3 button restart your pb. Install the bridge app on the phone and try again.
    06-26-12 06:57 AM
    The three-button reset did the trick, I think. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-12 08:58 AM
    there used to be an issue with bridge and BBM where you had to delete all your current conversations in order to get it to pair successfully...im sure they fixed that issue but its just something to think about.
    06-26-12 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD