Please help.

I'm traveling with my playbook as always and was trying to access the hotel wifi and noted the Wi-Fi icon on top looking gray as if were disabled. I thought it was off but it was on. I tried opening the browser and it just totally stopped working; couldn't access settings or menu with the gestures. So I reset my Playbook and it just got stuck in the booting process and never turns on.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    08-18-14 09:35 PM
    I would keep it on charge overnight and see how it is in the morning. Do you reboot with the volume and power buttons held at the same time until it rebooted?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-18-14 09:51 PM
    If you haven't already tried it, try holding down the power button and the volume up button at the same time till your PB reboots by itself.
    08-18-14 09:52 PM
    If you haven't already tried it, try holding down the power button and the volume up button at the same time till your PB reboots by itself.
    Yes, have try this a couple of times now.

will follow your advice and leave it charging until tomorrow morning. Right now is not fully charged but has probably something between 40 and 50% of the charge
    08-18-14 09:57 PM
    I could turn it on. I was showing the WiFi icon gray again. So I did the reboot again. It turned on correctly but everything is running terribly slow. Emails are not syncing. And I noticed that it is getting really hot .
    08-19-14 05:16 AM
    Alright.......Best solution for these inconveniences is to back up your data on your computer.
    Then open up Blackberry desktop and try to repair or reload the OS back into the unit.
    This should make the problem go away.I just received a Batch of play books for repairs and the biggest job we have here is
    Software reset.Any thing else is good after the reset.
    Hope this works for you.
    anon(5597702) and MTL like this.
    08-19-14 12:08 PM
    Back up if you have anything of value, then wipe the playbook! Then connect to the Pc with BlackBerry desktop software open and running. If you need help, search the playbook forums here on CB or ask anytime but I would definitely reload OS and it will be like brand new again unless there is a problem

MTL likes this.
    08-19-14 12:15 PM
    Thanks rebroker2009 & Masterherm.
    will do this as soon as get back from my trip.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-19-14 05:03 PM
    Try taking your PlayBook to a location away from the hotel. Even if you can go for a walk or drive. Then try and reboot. I have not figured it out yet but some wifi access points interfere with the PlayBook. We have 3 and have experienced the exact same problem at some hotels. As soon as we left that hotel everything worked perfectly again. Try this and please report back. Maybe someone here may know what it is that locks up the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    MTL likes this.
    08-19-14 05:19 PM
    Try going into setttings -- wifi -- under Select a network choose problem networks and remove or delete all then reboot the Playbook. You could also remove all the saved networks and reboot as well. Sometimes a wifi network gets corrupted especially from hotel / motel source and it may lock the unit -- at least it is worth a try before you reinstall your o.s. What I am basically saying is remove all network problems under problem networks first and if that doesn't help remove saved networks also. Hope this helps!!

Posted via CB10
    MTL likes this.
    08-19-14 07:45 PM
    Sometimes when I am traveling and the hotels wifi system is not up to par, I just create a hotspot on my BlackBerry and works like a charm. Just make sure you prepay for a data package for where you are traveling. If your phone is unlocked, there are some great local plans by popping in a foreign sim card (check ahead of time for your next trip) some local data is way cheaper depending on the destination you are planning to fly too!

MTL likes this.
    08-19-14 10:49 PM
    When PlayBooks were locking up in my experience there was great signal strength as my Z30 and wife's Z10 worked good and had strong signal strength. The PlayBooks all bricked. Spent hours trying to reboot and eventually would get them to come back on but they would not run right. Email would freeze etc. Sounds just like what is happening here.

Posted via CB10
    MTL likes this.
    08-20-14 08:38 AM
    Try taking your PlayBook to a location away from the hotel. Even if you can go for a walk or drive. Then try and reboot. I have not figured it out yet but some wifi access points interfere with the PlayBook. We have 3 and have experienced the exact same problem at some hotels. As soon as we left that hotel everything worked perfectly again. Try this and please report back. Maybe someone here may know what it is that locks up the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I did this and it worked. After the first reboot it was a little slow, but then it got better.

I didn't want to wipe my playbook while abroad; being in a business trip and not having my playbook is complicated :/

Thanks to all! This team is great!
    08-21-14 09:21 AM
    That's great. It sounded exactly like what we have experienced a few times with the PlayBook when traveling. You will go to another motel and it will more than likely work perfectly. Now we just need someone who knows more about the PlayBooks insides and why certain wifi setups can do this to the PlayBook. Glad it helped

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:20 AM