So I powered up my Playbook to HDTV to watch some movies via standard browser and Amazon Prime only to find out that they will no longer work via PB. Worked fine earlier this week. Anyone else having this issue?
    12-15-13 04:36 PM
    I'll have to check. Haven't done that in a while myself.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-15-13 04:45 PM
    Yeah, same here. I was able to watch less than a week ago, then went on Friday night and got the "device not supported " line. Same goes with Origami browser.
    12-15-13 04:56 PM
    Same here. I just get a black screen now when I click Play. It used to work fine.
    Ericy321 likes this.
    12-15-13 05:06 PM
    Dang it! I was just using this last week too. Blasted Amazon... Passive-aggressive behavior for 10.2.1 users sideloading the Amazon App Store, perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma likes this.
    12-15-13 05:56 PM
    Dang it! I was just using this last week too. Blasted Amazon... Passive-aggressive behavior for 10.2.1 users sideloading the Amazon App Store, perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Nope just Rimberry being a day late and a dollar short once again
    milo53 likes this.
    12-15-13 06:02 PM
    Nope just Rimberry being a day late and a dollar short once again
    ? In what way? What makes you think this recent change in functionality is BlackBerry's doing?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:03 PM
    ? In what way? What makes you think this recent change in functionality is BlackBerry's doing?

Posted via CB10
    The key here is, is the PlayBook still running the most recent version of flash? I'm pretty doubtful of that.

00stryder and Cynycl like this.
    12-15-13 06:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because they rest of the world is ......"moving forward" and Rimberry just moves on to their latest and greatest failure with no support for their other world altering devices. Why support something when you can whip out a shiiny new nickle to mezmerise the faithful.

Prime works fine on my $129.00 droid tab.....go figure
    12-15-13 06:25 PM
    Because they rest of the world is ......"moving forward" and Rimberry just moves on to their latest and greatest failure with no support for their other world altering devices. Why support something when you can whip out a shiiny new nickle to mezmerise the faithful.

Prime works fine on my $129.00 droid tab.....go figure
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The poster above you gave a much more plausible explanation (btw thank you for that, axllebeer. The flash player was updated I think a few months ago but who knows what Amazon is supporting now.)

Anyway, I doubt this little segway is going to go anywhere so I'll leave you to believe what you will.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and extisis like this.
    12-15-13 07:21 PM
    Amazon prime videos are working just fine on my PlayBook here both HD and SD. I just tested it using Daria and American Horror Story.

Some *MOVIES* don't allow HD streaming but they did not allow it on unapproved devices like the PB even before today.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook no longer compatible with playing Amazon Prime videos-img_20131123_hdr.jpg  
    12-15-13 08:01 PM
    Amazon prime videos are working just fine on my PlayBook here both HD and SD. I just tested it using Daria and American Horror Story.

Some *MOVIES* don't allow HD streaming but they did not allow it on unapproved devices like the PB even before today.

Posted via CB10
    Which browser are you using?
    12-15-13 08:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what are you using to get it to run? OS version? Browser?

I tested with Daria and it won't even play. This is the message I receive on every TV and Movie I try to play "This device can't play Amazon Instant Video titles. You can watch on your Kindle Fire, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPad, and other compatible devices." Such a shame...
    12-15-13 09:46 PM
    Origami Browser, in Desktop mode, Chrome user agent. Works fine.

The standard browser does not work. This seems to be an arbitrary block on Amazon's part and not due to any sort of changes that broke video playback on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10

UPDATE : This block also affects the Z10 browser as well it seems, tested on 10.2.1.1055
    Last edited by EchoesFX; 12-15-13 at 10:10 PM.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-15-13 09:48 PM
    I checked their compatibility list to and it seems they no android devices are supported either. Reading through post and found out they also recently removed the ability for android devices to access videos from their browser and Google Play also removed their app. Since playbook comes up as an android device in their system I guess they want you to buy their Fire tablets or an iPad. Anyone try it through playOn yet?
    00stryder and EchoesFX like this.
    12-15-13 10:13 PM
    EDIT: looks like turning on Desktop mode is sufficient on the Z10 for now

At this time it seems to be based off your browser's user agent string. Let's hope they don't take it further like Hulu did.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by EchoesFX; 12-15-13 at 10:45 PM.
    00stryder and wikison like this.
    12-15-13 10:26 PM
    It works just fine as long as you are using the origami browser on desktop mode. This trick also works for vudu.
    wikison, Carl Estes and axllebeer like this.
    12-15-13 11:00 PM
    Amazon told me the only mobile devices they are currently supporting is ios and Kindle. They do not support BlackBerry or Android mobile devices at this time and don't know how I was watching Prime Videos on my BlackBerry devices. It does work using the Origami Browser on desktop mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook no longer compatible with playing Amazon Prime videos-img_00000768.png  
    Last edited by dphjeff; 12-15-13 at 11:43 PM.
    milo53, drkknyt98 and 00stryder like this.
    12-15-13 11:24 PM
    Amazon told me the only mobile devices they are currently supporting is ios and Kindle. They do not support BlackBerry or Android mobile devices at this time and don't know how I was watching Prime Videos on my BlackBerry devices. It does work using the Origami Browser on desktop mode.
    Looks like a useless canned answer. If Sarah is a real person then she probably doesn't know anything useful and the people working there who know the real reason for the sudden blocking don't bother taking their time to come off their pedestals to actually address customers.

I would say that they are trying to pressure customers to purchase a Kindle Fire, seeing as they did also block androids too and not just BlackBerry devices. Very underhanded of them.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:50 PM
    Looks like a useless canned answer. If Sarah is a real person then she probably doesn't know anything useful and the people working there who know the real reason for the sudden blocking don't bother taking their time to come off their pedestals to actually address customers.

I would say that they are trying to pressure customers to purchase a Kindle Fire, seeing as they did also block androids too and not just BlackBerry devices. Very underhanded of them.

Posted via CB10
    I agreed with you, don't understand the reason why companies block some mobile devices. If I own a company with a popular site I would try to have my site compatible to all devices and it sound difficult but it is pretty easy to do. Talking as a Web Developer myself. You only need some knowledge in html5 and is done. Most mobile device from 2011 support by design html5 and does not even need flash. Amazon is just like Apple, they want the services that they offer in their own products.
    12-16-13 01:50 AM
    Success with Origami!! I switched user agent to ipad. Don't know if this fixes all or permanently, but we'll take what we can get. Good luck fellow PB'ers.
    Carl Estes and rockinbilly like this.
    12-16-13 06:28 AM
    It's not so much as a business decision on their end as it is a licensing one. If you think it is a pain loading up the origami browser in desktop mode try watching your videos on an Android device.

That is a pain in the ****!! They have done this because their movies are not licensed for mobile viewing. I know, crazy. It should just be for Internet viewing but whatever. They license by device now. How other smarter companies get around this is they work it out in their license that you can register a set number of devices with which to stream from. Vudu let's you do 5. And they don't count the computer so using the PlayBook or Z10 in desktop mode don't count!

In a way we are lucky to have devices that are so easily placed in desktop mode with a great flash player. While android has alternative browsers the flash player is very old. As I recall BlackBerry did something to make it work better for specific sites a while back. I remember reading that in a playbook change log. Android never got that mobile flash update (if you want to call it that).

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    12-16-13 06:38 AM
    Sooner or later they will not work as the flash player will be too old and good luck with an update for it.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-16-13 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sarah is a real person I talked to her on the phone (not to say her answers weren't scripted and my complaints over the issue will do any good). The email was a conformation of our phone discussion. Here is there number 877-442-1958 if anyone else would like to call.
    12-16-13 08:56 AM
    It works just fine as long as you are using the origami browser on desktop mode. This trick also works for vudu.
    I didn't know this till now. Thank you! Works like a charm! Now I have access to my Vudu collection.

12-16-13 09:31 AM
54 123