By now you've heard that BB10 will not be coming to the Playbook.

Don't be sad, it's still a great piece of hardware. If you had this upgrade all of your software would have to work on the new OS and there's a fair chance that it wouldn't. You would be saying "I can't upgrade yet because this piece of software isn't ready for the new OS", and all of that has now been avoided. Now there is no need to learn a new scheme with new ways of doing things, and hopefully any updates will now be simple bug fixes like - getting the keys to click on the calculator like they do elsewhere (and so on).

We have the stability of knowing that even without Blackberry .swf applications can still be thrown into the browser, and we can still write our own software using Javascript and HTML without being a developer or having to use expiring tokens. We have the satisfaction of knowing that HTML5 runs faster here than on the iPad mini and of course Flash isn't dead. We have the satisfaction of knowing that multitasking runs well here, and we have a better visual set of icons and widgets than that lack luster Android thing.

The Playbook is very under rated and is still a very flexible platform.
    06-28-13 04:54 PM
    I don't believe THAT MAN anymore!
    Blackberry as wel.
    06-28-13 05:44 PM
    And this brings

- DLNA?
    - A better browser?
    - better file manager than this joke on 2.0?
    - improved email?
    - and so on and so on...

let's face it...the current PB OS is outdated and nothing will happen there anymore. Open the bootloader, bring at least new stock apps that promise what their name telly ous, etc.

Thorsten Heins, you made people extremely angry!
    06-28-13 05:51 PM
    I would have to disagree. I sit in US Trustee meetings all day long and I view large PDF files on my tablet. I do this so I don't have to print hundreds of pages of paper and ink each day.

The Playbook has major problems viewing large PDF files -- it's extremely laggy. Sometimes I have to wait 10 seconds for one large PDF page to load. Flipping through pages is almost impossible. Whereas my LG Android phone has no problem. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother taking the PB in to meetings anymore, I use my phone.

So now I'm saving up for an Android tablet.
    Shadowyugi and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 06:15 PM