Anyone watching the NHL Awards??

The large screen on stage is a huge Playbook!!!
    06-22-11 08:15 PM
    it feels good when see like this but that obvious since RIM is canadian company.
    06-22-11 08:16 PM
    it feels good when see like this but that obvious since RIM is canadian company.
    I don't get it?
    06-22-11 08:20 PM
    I think skscraper04 may be somehow referring to us Canadians and our love for hockey (?) Not sure though...the NHL is headquartered in New York...
    06-22-11 08:25 PM
    He equates hockey with Canada. (shrugs)
    06-22-11 08:25 PM
    I think skscraper04 may be somehow referring to us Canadians and our love for hockey (?) Not sure though...the NHL is headquartered in New York...
    At least we have the WAR ROOM in Toronto!
    06-22-11 08:29 PM
    sory guys i thought it was headquartered in Canada.Canadian are good with hockey though
    06-22-11 08:32 PM
    The way Bettman runs things, Hockey is more American then Canadian these days.
    06-22-11 08:33 PM
    Watched it live on cbc.ca using the PB browser. Awesome!
    06-22-11 08:36 PM
    It's a badly kept secret that Jim Balsille is making a run at buying the Maple Leafs, so it doesn't surprise me that he is spending money on these things.
    06-22-11 08:50 PM
    It's a badly kept secret that Jim Balsille is making a run at buying the Maple Leafs, so it doesn't surprise me that he is spending money on these things.
    poor jim doesnt have that much money... he used to be worth a few billion, nowsaday with the rim stock price so slow... dont think he even has 1 billion.... leafs are worth 1.3-1.5 billion .......
    06-22-11 08:54 PM
    I'm not sure if Ballsy is going to buy the Leafs. He wants a team in Hamilton/Waterloo area.

Report: Bettman tells Balsillie he could still get a team

I bet he's going to end up buying the Coyotes if they don't move back to Quebec first.
    06-22-11 08:56 PM
    ...I bet he's going to end up buying the Coyotes if they don't move back to Quebec first.
    The Coyotes are the old Winnipeg Jets team, not Quebec.
    The Quebec team moved to Denver in 1995 and became the Colorado Avalanche.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 06-22-11 at 09:10 PM.
    06-22-11 09:07 PM
    I'm not sure if Ballsy is going to buy the Leafs. He wants a team in Hamilton/Waterloo area.

Report: Bettman tells Balsillie he could still get a team

I bet he's going to end up buying the Coyotes if they don't move back to Quebec first.
    He wants a team in Hamilton, but he won't get it (the Leafs will see to that). Toronto is of interest because Larry Tanenbaum probably can't come up with the money and the NHL has no desire to be a pawn in the Canadian telecom industry (Rogers). I think the banks will back Jim because MLSE is highly profitable and Jim has a proven track record with managing RIM.
    06-22-11 09:18 PM
    At least we have the WAR ROOM in Toronto!
    for as many calls the war room f'ups i wouldn't be proud of that
    06-22-11 09:24 PM
    He wants a team in Hamilton, but he won't get it (the Leafs will see to that). Toronto is of interest because Larry Tanenbaum probably can't come up with the money and the NHL has no desire to be a pawn in the Canadian telecom industry (Rogers). I think the banks will back Jim because MLSE is highly profitable and Jim has a proven track record with managing RIM.
    You're joking right. Confidence in Jim (and Mike) is at an all time low.

Plus, he can not afford MLSE. Teachers acquired TD's share so they can put up a bigger share of MLSE on he block to max the premium. Analysts are saying Teacher's portion could fetch 1.8b putting the total to about 2.3-2.4 b. No chance Jim have almost 2b. In march his net worth (incl excercisable options) was 1.8b. His options are surely not worth that much now.
    06-22-11 10:44 PM
    Watched it live on cbc.ca using the PB browser. Awesome!
    Really, you got something to stream live on the site? Tried to watch games and it was a no go.
    06-23-11 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD