I got my first tablet yesterday and yes a PlayBook. I was kinda nervous about the setup, my pictures and music ect. It was was really easy. I bought my 16gb off of ebay and even that was an easy transaction. When I powered it on it had very low battery. I had to wait until above 21% to really proceed. Once that was done it installed the new OS. That took about 1.5hr's. Still no big deal. I got my Aol, pics, music transferred over. That was a fear of mine. Using this device is very easy. Being able to bridge is super cool. I do have some questions if someone could be so kind to help or give feedback. I am sure that it has all been answered here but I'll keep it short and to the point,

1.How long should a full battery charge last with more than normal use?

2.Which CrackBerry app is recommended for the PlayBook?

3.I simply dragged my pics and music from phone to pc to PB. It's all there. Is there any easy way to create playlist and move music?

4.Can you delete pics, music, documents from file manager? How?

5.Can you have more then one page/screen of internet favorites?

6.Which ereader in app world is not the best but decent for someone who is going to read on this thing?

7.Can a joystick be used for any games?

8.Why does boot up time take so long?

These are just a few that have come into my thoughts. Really glad I got a PlayBook and really looking forward to kinda making it my new professional toy. Thanks for any help.
    10-12-12 02:00 PM
    I got my first tablet yesterday and yes a PlayBook. I was kinda nervous about the setup, my pictures and music ect. It was was really easy. I bought my 16gb off of ebay and even that was an easy transaction. When I powered it on it had very low battery. I had to wait until above 21% to really proceed. Once that was done it installed the new OS. That took about 1.5hr's. Still no big deal. I got my Aol, pics, music transferred over. That was a fear of mine. Using this device is very easy. Being able to bridge is super cool. I do have some questions if someone could be so kind to help or give feedback. I am sure that it has all been answered here but I'll keep it short and to the point,

1.How long should a full battery charge last with more than normal use?

2.Which CrackBerry app is recommended for the PlayBook?

3.I simply dragged my pics and music from phone to pc to PB. It's all there. Is there any easy way to create playlist and move music?

4.Can you delete pics, music, documents from file manager? How?

5.Can you have more then one page/screen of internet favorites?

6.Which ereader in app world is not the best but decent for someone who is going to read on this thing?

These are just a few that have come into my thoughts. Really glad I got a PlayBook and really looking forward to kinda making it my new professional toy. Thanks for any help.
    1. My PB consumes just 2% in stand by modus for the night. When I use wifi up to 10% an hour. You could dimm the screen using less battery. Usually I use my PB about 4 hours a day, after two days of use I recharge. When the battery is about 10% the PB will let you know.

2. Two apps CrackBerry and CB Forums app. I use them both.

3. By using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you can sync your iTunes or Windows Media playlists on the playbook.

4. Yes. There is a little pen above on the right in the screen of the file manager. Touch it. You will get waste bins next to the files.

5. It's all on one page. I don't know. You can change the view to lines in stead of tiles.

6. I use Book reader and kobo.

7. Maybe. But you don't need it. Gaming is great on the PB.

8. The boot time decreased with OS 2.1. You don't have to shut it down, my PB is on since november 2011. It just needs a reboot when the OS is updated.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Ribes Nigrum; 10-12-12 at 02:43 PM.
    10-12-12 02:28 PM

6. Book Reader. It is simple and works really well. They also have been publishing many updates recently.
    7. Like all tablets, no. But you can use nature's jostick, the thumb.
    8. Thor mentioned this a while ago as a lesson learned for BB10. On the PB, it loads all drivers and functionality at boot, which causes it to take a long time. BB10 will only load the base, then after it is loaded will add in the rest when it has the opportunity or when needed. Honestly you shouldn't need to do a full reboot / power off unless you fully drain the battery or have a buggy game that can lock it up (Bard's Tale I'm looking at you (For all it was a good game)).
    10-12-12 02:40 PM
    The answers to all your questions is called SEARCH THE FORUMS

Jessica
    Geesh no need to be mean to a new person. It's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for in the forums, especially if you're new to the platform...
    Malicab likes this.
    10-12-12 02:42 PM
    Everyone is fighting about how to answer your questions, Welcome to CrackBerry!
    Malicab likes this.
    10-12-12 02:46 PM
    One other ereader that I would recommend is the OverDrive Media Console. It attaches to my library's web site and allows me to borrow and download standard and audio books from their electronic collection. It runs in the Android emulator but it works like a charm.
    deemgee likes this.
    10-12-12 02:46 PM
    Thanks Ribes.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    Ribes Nigrum likes this.
    10-12-12 02:53 PM
    This is a great read if you have not seen it already.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    10-12-12 03:01 PM
    No app needed for cb unless you want. Works perfectly on the full site.
    10-12-12 03:19 PM
    For Internet Favorites - you can create additional PANES or PANELS to the right of the main one. Or you can create Folders by Pressing/hold on a Favorite until all icons blink or pulse and dragging it onto another. That will create a Folder - then drag others into that folder. Then if you want, you can create another folder using similar steps.
    10-12-12 03:54 PM
    Welcome and enjoy.
    10-12-12 08:24 PM