Hi folks,
    I'm a completely newbie with my recently purchased PlayBook. I love the device but, as a newbie, have some questions about it and will post them step by step. The first one is about the copy/cut/paste thing. I know how it works (tap and hold till the proper menu pops, then choose what to do) and it does fine for me most of times. The problem seems to appear with some web pages or applications. I've made a search over the forums and haven't found any thread about my two problems with this. I apologize with all of you if this is a repost.

For example, I've tried to copy some text from the Twitter webpage running on the PlayBook browser; I made the tap, hold and waited for the menu and it showed up, but the arrows/cursors/text selectors weren't there to make the text selection. Is there someone else about me to have this issue with the text selection on the Twitter web site?.

I have a similar problem with the Facebook native application. I tap, hold and nothing happens, not even appear the options menu, so I can't choose any text. Is there someone else with this problem with the native Facebook application? Is this an issue or a normal behavior on the PlayBook?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greets.
    Last edited by ElGris; 03-03-13 at 12:05 PM.
    03-03-13 11:11 AM
    you are a newbie
    03-03-13 11:18 AM
    The copy/paste function can be a problem and it does vary from application to application unfortunately. I'm not sure about the ones you have specifically asked about.
    03-03-13 01:34 PM
    Facebook on Playbook has many issues, but welcome and enjoy.
    03-03-13 02:47 PM
    FB app doesn't seem to let you copy text, but you should be able to accessing FB using the browser. It also seems you can't copy text from Twitter using the native browser, but you should be able to using either Secure Browser or Dolphin Browser.
    03-03-13 02:55 PM
    As a general rule of thumb, I have found that the long-click brings up a contextual menu (such as select / copy / paste) when in an editing window in a browser such as when writing replies to posts, composing messages, and in apps when writing documents and doing similar activities. Where a page or section is read-only, such as on many web pages or apps such as FaceBook, the contextual menu may or may not show up. It does not show up on my own Facebook app in general but does pop up when I compose something in the Facebook app and I want to select some text to copy, delete and move it.

If a web page has a link in it. Sometimes the long click will produce a contextual menu where I can copy the link, or open it in a new tab..

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 03-03-13 at 03:10 PM.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-03-13 02:58 PM
    As weird as this sounds I kind of wish they had 2 or 3 hard function buttons some where on the playbook maybe on side bezel area and one function of the buttons keys would definitely to facilitate a quicker / easier cut and paste function.
    03-03-13 10:16 PM
    The copy/paste function can be a problem and it does vary from application to application unfortunately. I'm not sure about the ones you have specifically asked about.
    Yes, you right
    03-03-13 10:19 PM
    Congratulations for your new device, hope your enjoying this beautiful machine. You can find more information in Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    03-03-13 11:42 PM
    Thank you all for your answers, they've been very helpful, specially when I realize that the issues I've posted are not only on my own or a device failure. I see now that the copy/cut/paste thing must be greatly improved by BlackBerry in future versions of the OS, maybe with the upcoming BB10 update for the PlayBook. Thank you again for your help and the welcome.

Cheers from Spain.
    03-04-13 08:50 AM