Hello,

First off I'm a long time BB user (10+ years) and recently bought a bold 9900 and advocate on behalf of BB at work. Not a troll, just looking for some advice after receiving my playbook yesterday. I've wanted one since they first came out and with the price drop have finally gotten around to buying one.

I love the device, on a fresh reboot it works great, fluid, smooth, fast, great e-mail integration. But after time it seems that some problems seem to perculate requiring me to take some action.

My questions/issues are bellow:

1) Is there a simultaneous application limit? It seems 5 is the magic number for me, when I try and open a 6th it just closes right away. When I close all apps I can start new ones no problem

2) Is there a way to find out current CPU/RAM utilization?

3) after some heavy utilization, I can't seem to load youtube videos. I get a chainlink fence look with an exclamation mark. A reboot fixes this. I've now had to reboot 3 times since getting the device yesterday. Is this normal?

I'm concerned I may have gotten bad hardware, or is it just O/S issues? I'm on build 1.0.8.4985.

I don't really want to exchange it as I had only ordered the 16GB but got a free upgrade to 32GB from Staples since they were out of stock on the 16's. I'm even living with a stuck pixel - figure it's worth it for the extra 16GB's and it's really only noticable on darks screens.

Thanks for any advice/help.

- Niloch
    11-28-11 11:14 PM
    There is a limit to the resources so depending upon the application size 5-7 is about the limit. It also depends on what mode you're running: showcase; default; or paused.

For RAM go to gear symbol>about>hardware.

For video, sometimes just exiting the player and popping it back on will fix things. It depends upon how many processes you have running concurrently. The PB renders flash excellently but it is a resource heavy medium so if you have a lot of things running sometimes the video won't play. Sometimes it's even site specific.

There is a chance that the pixel will eventually fix itself over time.

Simple restarts fix 99.9% of issues.
    11-28-11 11:31 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry - great choice! You will love it. Hang around here for lots of help.

Be sure to check the newbies sticky - link below vvvv
    11-28-11 11:36 PM
    You can try the free Display Test app. Rotate through the colors/bands and see if maybe you can UNstick that pixel.
    11-29-11 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD