Had my playbook for ten days now ,delighted with it had no trouble doing anything on it.
    Thanks to all the info on Crackberry.com I bought the Playbook and not another make of tablet.
    My only gripe is this:-

On my curve I have tune in radio app . My Playbook does not support this app I am told when trying to download
    Also whatsapp on phone again not support by the Playbook
    I get the UK newspaper delivered free each morning on the curve , there does not seem to be an app for the Playbook on this one
    Why is that the some phone apps are not supported by the Playbook
    If I bridge the two devices can I use what is on the phone on the Playbook?
    That said it is an amazing little machine and at 124 GBP a bargain
    The cameras are brilliant and compared with most other tablets have a higher spec
    Any help would be appreciated thanks
    01-08-13 04:44 PM
    Nobex radio app is okay, personally i have this but also you can go to TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations and listen via the tunein website
    Re your other questions i dont know sorry, but maybe blackberry 10 might bring these other apps
    01-08-13 05:00 PM
    Tune-In Radio and WhatsApp may be coming with the BB10 update later this Spring. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, there are other good radio apps for the PlayBook, including Slacker Radio and Pandora. Check App World on your PlayBook and search for radio apps.

An app for your newspaper is up to your newpaper. They would have to create it.

Phone apps are not supported on PlayBook because they are two different operating systems; BBOS and Tablet OS. And no, when bridged, you cannot use the apps on your phone on your PlayBook. Perhaps under BB10 when it comes, but you'd need a BB10 device. We just don't know yet. But they will be along in short order, so be patient.

Welcome to your PlayBook. It's a great device! And welcome to Crackberry!
    Scotter75 likes this.
    01-08-13 05:02 PM
    I get the UK newspaper delivered free each morning on the curve , there does not seem to be an
    app for the Playbook on this one
    Yes there is. It's called "PressReader." Normally, it's a preloaded app, because I bought a 64GB PlayBook too, and it was there already.
    01-09-13 02:35 AM
    Is the BB NEWS app available over there? It is simply called "NEWS" but it is not a specific paper but a "headline grabber" that can then get the entire article.
    01-09-13 10:01 AM
    Which newspaper are you wanting?

As for a radio app I'd recommend the aforementioned Nobex.

Roger
    01-09-13 10:20 AM
    Thanks for info nobex gives UK only stations which is good but just got used to tunin
    01-09-13 12:38 PM
    Thanks for all the info its clearer now ready different operating systems
    Yes it's a great tablet and glad I went for it
    01-09-13 12:41 PM
    Yes it was loaded but can't find the paper I need but I can read on the curve ok
    01-09-13 12:43 PM
    Thanks I'll have a look at that
    01-09-13 12:45 PM
    The Independent they do an appointment for the phones and it free and very good
    01-09-13 12:48 PM
    I think that when the PlayBook gets the full implementation of BB10 all these Apps should work on the cell phones as well as the PlayBook. Hopefully this will be in the short term.
    01-09-13 12:55 PM