Hi guys

I've just won a PlayBook at work. I've never owned a tablet or blackberry so I need some help!

Basically what I would like to do is put some dvds on it. Is this possible? What I've gathered is that the standard player don't really work.

My friend had transformers on his pc and we tried putting on my tablet it didn't work.

So can you help me guys?

Thanks

Luke
    08-17-12 02:52 PM
    You would need to make sure it is the right file format. Then just copy it onto your playbook.
    08-17-12 02:57 PM
    You would need to make sure it is the right file format. Then just copy it onto your playbook.
    Kewl - what's the correct format? And how do I do that. Literally I do not know what I'm doing here. I have no idea how to get a dvd on my pc :$
    08-17-12 03:02 PM
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...FnzIapx_safPjA

If i did that link right it is the PDF of supported video formats for the playbook OS.
    The player works fine provided the video and audio are in a supported format.
    08-17-12 03:03 PM
    There is a PC program called freemake that has presets for the PB. That would be the best way if your not familiar with the process.
    minimad123 likes this.
    08-17-12 03:04 PM
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...FnzIapx_safPjA

If i did that link right it is the PDF of supported video formats for the playbook OS.
    The player works fine provided the video and audio are in a supported format.
    Kewl - uhhhh what's the correct format?
    08-17-12 03:05 PM
    The built in player isn't too bad now, you'll need to get hold of some software to convert your dvd into a file though, main formats would be avi mp4 mpeg or mkv, most work nowadays
    08-17-12 03:05 PM
    Kewl - uhhhh what's the correct format?
    Download and read the PDF. Also search this forum for freemake. Many threads on the subject.

Edit: There is a BB10 section of supported formats for those that are curious.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 08-17-12 at 03:12 PM.
    minimad123 likes this.
    08-17-12 03:08 PM
    Best bet format Avi Video Mp3 Audio, lots of free converters out there that can get you all setup and good. Other formats in the list work too, but Avi/Mp3 is just the simplest.
    08-17-12 03:20 PM
    If all else fails use anydvd its pricey but you get a free trial period. This can convert anything.
    08-17-12 05:13 PM
    Also congrats on getting the tablet there is a lot of good information here.
    08-17-12 05:14 PM
    Try this

http://forums.crackberry.com/archive...?t-730947.html

NB - some rippers that create avi files don't synch the sound and video correctly, so strongly recommend h264 mp4 files
    08-17-12 05:34 PM
    Hi guys

I've just won a PlayBook at work. I've never owned a tablet or blackberry so I need some help!

Basically what I would like to do is put some dvds on it. Is this possible? What I've gathered is that the standard player don't really work.

My friend had transformers on his pc and we tried putting on my tablet it didn't work.

So can you help me guys?

Thanks

Luke
    As to getting the vid onto the playbook ....

plug your PB into the pc

open up My Computer and you should see the PB come up as 'Z' drive (or similar)

Copy the vid into the PB drive
    08-17-12 05:58 PM
    As to getting the vid onto the playbook ....

plug your PB into the pc

open up My Computer and you should see the PB come up as 'Z' drive (or similar)

Copy the vid into the PB drive
    Provided you go to Options (engine icon on top right) > Storage & Sharing and enable File Sharing. You can also want to enable WiFi sharing, but I personally only use it for small files (it's kinda slow here).

I think there are threads with ripped stuff somethere in the other boards. Might be worth checking.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-17-12 08:32 PM
    1. Playbook will not play ac3 audio files
    2. h264 mp4 is a good video format because most tablets will play it
    and the size is somewhat smaller
    3. Many converters have a BlackBerry Playbook preset, if not use an iPad setting
    08-17-12 09:26 PM
    Welcome to PlayBook Play-Land otherwise known as CrackBerry.com

As you can see from the above responses this place is fun. Enjoy your PB and come back here often.

And check this out when the dust settles:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-18-12 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD