well got my playbook for xmas and must say loving it. very fast nd smooth. i prefer it to the ipad as its more portable and multitasks better. and has flash lol. yes the apps arent there like the ipad but i have a xbox and ps3 for games etc lol. but one thing i cant get my head round is no email or dedicated bbm service. yes the bb bridge feature is good but why the no email at least.
    01-02-12 02:59 PM
    BBM you can bridge from your BB phone. You can have more than one email account on your BB phone, and if setup, you will receive them in the Bridged email on your PB, within the Bridged Tab.

As of now on the official OS1 on the PB, the NATIVE email is not available. Rumors of this was mentioned for the upgrade, but not confirmed.

Hope this helps!
    01-02-12 03:23 PM
    Welcome and don't miss the tips for Newbies in her sig line ^^^^

If there is no native email in the OS2 upgrade scheduled for February, RIM has committed suicide.
    01-02-12 03:26 PM
    i totally agree if rim dont then it would kill the pb totally. bbm via bridge is gd and havent had any issues with it so far. i just dont understand why a company whos main selling points are email and the bbm service would bring a tablet without these key features. love angry birds though but the fact nova 3d wont work is abit of a let down
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-02-12 03:41 PM
    I'm a PB newbie. I have yet to try the video chat. feel free to add me jhspears@att.blackberry.net
    You might want to add your post to this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...change-684074/
    01-02-12 03:52 PM
    smithey1981,

Blackberrys are very popular with business customers and IT departments because they are very secure devices. Each cellphone has it own unique identifier. From what I understand, this security issue was the problem. A Blackberry cellphone and a Playbook could not share the same account since the account was tied to a unique identifier.

That's why RIM designed the "Bridge"; it was a way around the problem. That's fine for Blackberry owners but it left all other cell phone users in the cold.

More importantly, it meant you couldn't have a native email app on the Playbook. I understand RIM is updating its server software to recognize Apple and Android cell phones. That is supposed to be coming in February at the same time OS 2.0 (BB10) is to be released.
    01-02-12 03:56 PM
    but whats stopping rim developing software that can pair and sync one pin will still be just as secure, so it technically becomes the same device except the need to have both present like u need at the moment with bridge.
    01-02-12 04:03 PM
    You might want to add your post to this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...change-684074/
    .....or you may not; never know what or who lurks in cyberspace.
    01-02-12 04:04 PM
    .....or you may not; never know what or who lurks in cyberspace.
    I agree, but it was posted here so the poster wanted additional video chat people..
    What is the difference from posting here and not the other thread?

Just asking..
    01-02-12 04:25 PM
    I agree, but it was posted here so the poster wanted additional video chat people..
    What is the difference from posting here and not the other thread?

Just asking..
    Not much, just sayin'....buyer beware.

P.S. I did notice in that forum there's a preponderous of Craig List & Miami New Times like offerings. Reading some of those threads, I feel the need to take a hot bath and burn my clothes....perv central if you ask me.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-02-12 at 04:57 PM.
    01-02-12 04:50 PM
    Got my 32 gig PlayBook December 27! I LOVE IT! i carry it everywhere. i didn't think I would like the 7 inch screen, but I love it! I put my playbook in the neo sleeve it came with, and put it into a seperate section of my purse. i have a Bold 9650 phone. The 9650 BB phone is my first BB phone, and i really love it! I'm not a techie, but I was able to set up my playbook and the bb bridge by myself! I was so proud. The videos on the BB website were helpful. I wanted a playbook for awhile but lets face it the $599.00 price was alittle steep! I got mine for$249.00! LOVE IT! I don't have to worry about wifi or a "hot spot", because I have the bbm bridge! Whoo! Whoo! Still learning how to use my playbook, but having a good time learning. I am torn over getting a 64 gig while the price is so low, or waiting for the new playbook to roll out, and splurging! It's a hard choice! Took me a while to register and post on here, but here I am! LOL!
    01-26-12 03:10 PM
    Got my 32 gig PlayBook December 27! I LOVE IT! i carry it everywhere. i didn't think I would like the 7 inch screen, but I love it! I put my playbook in the neo sleeve it came with, and put it into a seperate section of my purse. i have a Bold 9650 phone. The 9650 BB phone is my first BB phone, and i really love it! I'm not a techie, but I was able to set up my playbook and the bb bridge by myself! I was so proud. The videos on the BB website were helpful. I wanted a playbook for awhile but lets face it the $599.00 price was alittle steep! I got mine for$249.00! LOVE IT! I don't have to worry about wifi or a "hot spot", because I have the bbm bridge! Whoo! Whoo! Still learning how to use my playbook, but having a good time learning. I am torn over getting a 64 gig while the price is so low, or waiting for the new playbook to roll out, and splurging! It's a hard choice! Took me a while to register and post on here, but here I am! LOL!
    Weclome to CB, welcome to PB and congrats!
    01-26-12 03:26 PM
    well got my playbook for xmas and must say loving it. very fast nd smooth. i prefer it to the ipad as its more portable and multitasks better. and has flash lol. yes the apps arent there like the ipad but i have a xbox and ps3 for games etc lol. but one thing i cant get my head round is no email or dedicated bbm service. yes the bb bridge feature is good but why the no email at least.
    Wait a few more weeks and you will enjoy yourself!
    01-26-12 03:48 PM
    what is native email?
    01-26-12 11:28 PM
    what is native email?

An app that runs natively on the PlayBook. As opposed to using a website to check/send email.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-26-12 11:34 PM
    People take the "no native email" as you cannot email on your playbook. It works just fine using any email, hotmail, gmail, yahoo, aol etc.
    01-26-12 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD