Update: Now that I've viewed the entire film I realize the project was sponsored by BB! Of course, this begs the question: What the heck is BB doing sponsoring a film that features a device they've all but abandoned? Shouldn't that be a Z10 or Q10 they're holding?

I was checking out the latest short film from the legendary "Grind House" director Robert Rodriguez when I was shocked to see the two ice cream scooping/secret agent protagonists pull out a Blackberry Playbook! The scene takes place immediately after they're contacted by their "handler." The BB logo is clearly visible on the back of the device as are the usual LED and camera openings on the front.

Anyway, it was nice to see the PB featured in such a prominent way! Here's the link in case you'd like to check it out:

TWO SCOOPS - THE COMPLETED FILM - YouTube

I'm also attaching a screenshot to highlight he scene.

Playbook in new Robert Rodriguez Short!-pb_grindhouse.png

Enjoy!

RCK
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 06-06-13 at 12:51 PM.
    06-06-13 12:38 PM
    Alas, the new film is a partnership between Rodriguez and Blackberry. So, not too surprising to see a PlayBook make a cameo appearance.
    06-06-13 12:49 PM
    Alas, the new film is a partnership between Rodriguez and Blackberry. So, not too surprising to see a PlayBook make a cameo appearance.
    As I noted above, it is surprising since BB has all but abandoned the PB. A Z10 or Q10 - or anything unrelated to the whole "doomed" tablet form factor that Thor keeps dismissing - would have been more in keeping with the company's current attitude. Maybe it was filmed some time ago, before BB had the chance to scrub the PB out of it just like they're trying to scrub it out of existence in the real world. Kind of ironic, if you think about it...

RCK
    06-06-13 01:00 PM
    I wondered the same thing. Why the only Blackberry device is a 2 year old Playbook that Blackberry has not said a word about since the beginning of the year? I was expecting her to pull out a Z10 or something. It would look more "pro"
    06-06-13 01:01 PM
    hard to watch...all that was missing was a 'walk on' by Thor
    06-06-13 01:11 PM
    I wondered the same thing. Why the only Blackberry device is a 2 year old Playbook that Blackberry has not said a word about since the beginning of the year? I was expecting her to pull out a Z10 or something. It would look more "pro"
    Worse still, they used only fake "prop" images on the display. The least they could have done would be to swipe up and switch between apps or something to show off the unique PB UI. After all, BB is sponsoring the damned project!

RCK
    06-06-13 01:16 PM
    They could have had a scene where someone whipped out a Z/Q and connected it to the Playbook to . . . . . oh no, crippled bridge, sorry my bad
    FF22 and GreenCopperz like this.
    06-06-13 01:29 PM
    + million rotfl

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:52 PM