I am purchasing my Playbook today and wanted some advice on start up. I understand there are updates to load and bridge issues etc. So
    If you pull it out of the box today - what steps should I take to get up and running quickly and as important - up to date with the latest.
    I am a BB owner on Verizon and will of course want to set up Bridge asap.

Any advice is appreciated
    05-22-11 11:31 AM
    when you start it up it will walk you through the entire thing, downloading the software update, setting up WiFi, setting up bridge, some tutorials on navigating the OS...
    05-22-11 11:33 AM
    The playbook will get you up to date automatically. Just make sure you are around wifi when you turn it on. I would be more concerned about making sure you have the latest bbm (5.0.3.22) on your phone, and the bridge app of course.
    05-22-11 11:42 AM
    Setting up wifi will be first so make sure you have the key ready or can get to the router for WPS. After that, then you will set up system options/prefs, and such. the update shouldn't take long so go for it, then enjoy the ride once you learn how easy it is to navigate around the PB. Go to Appworld and pull donw some pretty interesting apps. Enjoy!
    05-22-11 11:43 AM
    Well that all sounds too easy - I guess some of early problems have been resolved from the earlier versions of the OS and bridge etc.?
    05-22-11 11:49 AM
    Well that all sounds too easy - I guess some of early problems have been resolved from the earlier versions of the OS and bridge etc.?
    Nay. We're just a lot wiser so we can help you out. We've all gone thru the same issues.

Make sure you plug it into your charger when starting up so you have lots of juice.
    05-22-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD