Yes. I had to set my phone to NOT automatically adjust time zones. Don't know why it started doing that, and I don't know of a more "desirable" fix. But that will stop it.....

Boring, I know. Sorry.
    Later bro,
    Hoot
    P.S. I LOVE MY GLOCKS!
    No it doesn't? Both phone and playbook set to not update time automatically? It keeps saying "Timezone updated to Europe/London" when both the phone and pb are set to Dublin/London? I don't have a Europe/London setting?
    12-12-13 09:51 AM
    oh man.. the 9850. you're brave. i envied it while AT&T only offered me the 9810 but now that i'm on the Z10, i'd say that you're missing out- especially on the keyboard. The 9850 was probably the best BlackBerry candy bar phone, prior to BB10 of course.
    Yeah, I only looked at the Z10, did not want to actually play with it, (you know, you NEVER touch a PC that's faster than yours, yours will be atoad when you get home...) but the Bridge hobbling is a big deal for me. 7.1 OS still solid..............

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 10:00 AM
    Yeah, I only looked at the Z10, did not want to actually play with it, (you know, you NEVER touch a PC that's faster than yours, yours will be atoad when you get home...) but the Bridge hobbling is a big deal for me. 7.1 OS still solid..............

c
    Well that's helpful...........You suggesting that I should go back to using my 9900 to find the answer?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 10:20 AM
    Well that's helpful...........You suggesting that I should go back to using my 9900 to find the answer?
    OK class, there will be a pop quiz at the end of the week, so pay attention:
    On your Phone:
    Turn OFF "Auto Update Time Zone" in the Options/Date and Time screen.
    Set "Update Time" to "Manual" in same screen.

Do the same thing on your Playbook, go to "Options", scrool down to "Date and Time", and turn OFF "Set Date and time Automatically".

That should take care of that issue you have with time????????

If not, send the items in question to me and we will see what happens.....

Should have stuck with OS 7.xxxxx BRIDGE WORKS as designed.......

c

c
    sad_old_man and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-12-13 10:29 AM
    OK class, there will be a pop quiz at the end of the week, so pay attention:
    On your Phone:
    Turn OFF "Auto Update Time Zone" in the Options/Date and Time screen.
    Set "Update Time" to "Manual" in same screen.

Do the same thing on your Playbook, go to "Options", scrool down to "Date and Time", and turn OFF "Set Date and time Automatically".

That should take care of that issue you have with time????????

If not, send the items in question to me and we will see what happens.....

Should have stuck with OS 7.xxxxx BRIDGE WORKS as designed.......

c

c
    Its not often your wrong lizard but yet again your wrong as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both are set to no auto time.

Ok I have now been through every timezone on both the Z10 and pb. It works perfectly with every one of them apart from GMT. I noticed that for some reason best described as "Inept bb coders either being high or intoxicated" the setting on the Z10 is labelled "Dublin/London GMT" but on the playbook its labelled "Dublin/London (+0). Don't know why but there you go? Even stranger is that the message reads "Your timezone has been updated to Europe/London"? Ah I hear you say three different timezones for London eh? Well what can I expect from Kandinunions eh?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 10:45 AM
    Its not often your wrong lizard but yet again your wrong as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both are set to no auto time.

Ok I have now been through every timezone on both the Z10 and pb. It works perfectly with every one of them apart from GMT. I noticed that for some reason best described as "Inept bb coders either being high or intoxicated" the setting on the Z10 is labelled "Dublin/London GMT" but on the playbook its labelled "Dublin/London (+0). Don't know why but there you go? Even stranger is that the message reads "Your timezone has been updated to Europe/London"? Ah I hear you say three different timezones for London eh? Well what can I expect from Kandinunions eh?
    Sounds like there was no "Continuity type person " to see this issue thru correctly. One would have thought they would have sent a coder/tech around the world testing the time zone updating performance?????

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 10:56 AM
    Sounds like there was no "Continuity type person " to see this issue thru correctly. One would have thought they would have sent a coder/tech around the world testing the time zone updating performance?????

c

Its my blackberry devices I'm talking about here? CONTINUITY???????
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 12:04 PM
    My time and date is still set to "automatic" on both my phone and PlayBook. I just turned off automatic time zone on the phone.

Sorry it didn't work for you, S.O.M.... Time for a Brandy! (depending on your time zone, of course)
    Hoot
    12-12-13 01:34 PM
    My time and date is still set to "automatic" on both my phone and PlayBook. I just turned off automatic time zone on the phone.

Sorry it didn't work for you, S.O.M.... Time for a Brandy! (depending on your time zone, of course)
    Hoot
    You are welcome and thank you. It would appear to be an isolated issue when you select Dublin/London as tour time zone on both devices. As I am not in the UK at the moment its not a major issue and it works perfectly on Eastern Time so onwards with the Brandy! Heres a good thought I'll have one for me and then I'll have one for you. You do the same and soon we wont care what time it is?
    Uncle Remus and Carl Estes like this.
    12-12-13 01:40 PM
    You are welcome and thank you. It would appear to be an isolated issue when you select Dublin/London as tour time zone on both devices. As I am not in the UK at the moment its not a major issue and it works perfectly on Eastern Time so onwards with the Brandy! Heres a good thought I'll have one for me and then I'll have one for you. You do the same and soon we wont care what time it is?
    Sounds like a plan, brother! 3, 2, 1.....GO!
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    12-12-13 01:59 PM
    Sounds like a plan, brother! 3, 2, 1.....GO!
    forgive me because I cant count so I just went straight to go.............I've had one for me and one for you but yours was bigger than mine so I had another one for me. Then I read your post again and saw go so I started again. When I looked there was two of you so I had to start again..........then I opened another bottle........
    Carl Estes, Barljo and Uncle Remus like this.
    12-12-13 02:44 PM
    forgive me because I cant count so I just went straight to go.............I've had one for me and one for you but yours was bigger than mine so I had another one for me. Then I read your post again and saw go so I started again. When I looked there was two of you so I had to start again..........then I opened another bottle........
    Ah, The "Infinity Bottle", as like the "Infinity Mirror".........

c
    sad_old_man and Uncle Remus like this.
    12-12-13 02:48 PM
    wot time is it?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 02:49 PM
    wot time is it?
    Alcohol-thirty................
    Brain Surgury later on............

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-12-13 02:51 PM
    Ah, The "Infinity Bottle", as like the "Infinity Mirror".........

c
    No you stupid lizard its not the same bokkle is it that ones empty. I has this greements with a nice man who has a shop and I has 9 boxes in the garage see. Three specific Brandy labels and each has a box which holds 24 bokkles. One box for Irish whisky, one box for Bourbon, one box for Red wine. The remaining three boxes are for an assortment of vital rations such as Gin, Baileys, Vodka, Champagne and Ouzo. The nice man comes around one a week and tops all the boxes back up. Easy peasy see?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 03:01 PM
    No you stupid lizard its not the same bokkle is it that ones empty. I has this greements with a nice man who has a shop and I has 9 boxes in the garage see. Three specific Brandy labels and each has a box which holds 24 bokkles. One box for Irish whisky, one box for Bourbon, one box for Red wine. The remaining three boxes are for an assortment of vital rations such as Gin, Baileys, Vodka, Champagne and Ouzo. The nice man comes around one a week and tops all the boxes back up. Easy peasy see?
    Ah, the "Milkman" of the 21st Century............

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 03:08 PM
    Wot?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-12-13 03:21 PM
    Ah, the "Milkman" of the 21st Century............

c
    Oh I don't know him that well.........I don't know how old he is?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 03:21 PM

c
    their jets were busy haulin' Thor, Boulben & those other humps around the planet for their "screw you" parties...
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-13-13 03:08 AM
    their jets were busy haulin' Thor, Boulben & those other humps around the planet for their "screw you" parties...
    My head urts and it's all your fault see you wayward sailor you. I've a good mind to knight you for that!
    Carl Estes and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-13-13 06:19 AM
    My head urts and it's all your fault see you wayward sailor you. I've a good mind to knight you for that!
    Take 7 Brandies, and call someone who cares in the morning........

c
    sad_old_man and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-13-13 03:14 PM
    Take 7 Brandies, and call someone who cares in the morning........

c
    Did I tell you I fixed my wifi problem?
    12-13-13 03:29 PM
    Did I tell you I fixed my wifi problem?
    Oh please, do tell!
    No really, what was the issue?

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-13-13 03:36 PM
    Oh please, do tell!
    No really, what was the issue?

c
    I forget now but it was serious but I fixed it anyway and with no help as well see?
    12-13-13 03:39 PM
    I forget now but it was serious but I fixed it anyway and with no help as well see?
    See, yous be smarts, but I wonderz about the memoryz thingz..........

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-13-13 03:42 PM
80 1234