Basically Id like to be able to take my finger or stylus and write words which would be recognized and formatted into text. Excellent for notetaking, homework ect...
    01-19-12 11:43 PM
    I dont know if there's an app for Graffiti
    01-20-12 12:00 AM
    Sure there is, get any drawing app and you can make digital graffiti. But I am referring to word recognition. We could also use voice recognition for the PB, which would be nice.
    01-20-12 12:06 AM
    And a personal dictionary would be great too.
    01-20-12 12:20 AM
    Basically Id like to be able to take my finger or stylus and write words which would be recognized and formatted into text. Excellent for notetaking, homework ect...
    ooo like my awesome laptop and the older winmo phones used to have... wish i could use the stylus from my laptop for my PB

maybe with os 2.5 or something lol
    01-20-12 12:25 AM
    Wouldn't it be a treat if this was developed and is one of the surprises for OS 2.0
    01-20-12 01:26 PM
    I can type much faster than I can print/write (legibly) therefore this functionality would serve no purpose to me.

Edit; I could see something like this being utilized for digital signatures.
    01-20-12 01:29 PM
    I can type much faster than I can print/write (legibly) therefore this functionality would serve no purpose to me.

Edit; I could see something like this being utilized for digital signatures.
    I write faster than I type, however my hand writing is incredibly sloppy so if I am taking notes during a lecture and I am rushing, my writing will be hard to read. If this tech was implemented into the PB, it would be much easier for me. When I try and type on a laptop during a lecture, I make a ton of mistakes and usually cant keep up. My typing speed is recorded at 40-70 WPM(not much) but to much information is given for my to type it out. Also, some people prefer to make hand written notes rather than type on a keyboard. But I am sure you can write words faster on a playbook than you could type them with the on screen keyboard. Also I am a writer, and I tend to have ideas pop up in my head at the most inconvenient of times when I do not have my laptop. With the portable PB, I could simply pull it out open the app, write some words down quickly and be done with it.
    01-20-12 01:49 PM
    ooo like my awesome laptop and the older winmo phones used to have... wish i could use the stylus from my laptop for my PB

maybe with os 2.5 or something lol
    The screen on your PB is capacitive whereas the old screens were resistive. A stylus for a resistive screen will never work on a capacitive screen, the technology is fundamentally different. You can however purchase a stylus for a capacitive screen, they're pretty widely available.
    01-20-12 02:13 PM
    The screen on your PB is capacitive whereas the old screens were resistive. A stylus for a resistive screen will never work on a capacitive screen, the technology is fundamentally different. You can however purchase a stylus for a capacitive screen, they're pretty widely available.
    I was just thinking that about the screens (not the technical part, but how well that would work on glass would it leave marks, etc.).
    01-21-12 01:03 AM
    thanks i know all this. lol i ment transcriber on 2.5 lol.
    01-21-12 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD