Not sure if anyone else is doing this already but thought i'd share anyway

With the playbook showing up as a standard network device it does a fine job as a mini network drive. Even in standby, as long as you leave the wifi on, its available to all the comps on your home network as a storage device. In theory if you have more than one computer you could shift your My Documents folder onto the PB and just point all the computers to that network location.

I know theres a really obvious downside, on wifi you're lucky to get over 2mb/s up or down, but from what ive seen thats more than enough to stream a film (the ones ive tried so far anyway). You could also skip the middle man and just turn the other computer on and drag and drop to that i guess, but my media box is one of those that only has a 20gb SSD so it cant hold much after the OS

Know its not really rocket science or an "intended use" if i can call it that, but its something i find quite useful
    07-16-11 04:56 PM
    You do realize the BlackBerry PlayBook uses SSD for storage and as such the SSD media has a limited lifetime number of write operations? In other words, excessive writes for document storage as a NAS might decrease the usable lifespan of the tablet. Just something to be aware though your idea is good on a limited scale.
    07-17-11 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD