02-06-12 03:18 PM
184 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Because lawyers become politicians, and politicians like to take simple things and make them difficult so that you need a lawyer to understand them.
    Then other lawyers become judges, and further complicate what the politicians did.
    Then all the lawyers, judges, and politicians overcharge you for the privilege of navigiating you through the complex maze they created out of a simple common sense event.
    They then use those fees to put their own children through law school so that the cycle can continue.
    Yeah, I know ^THIS^ story all too well, thank you!
    01-31-12 11:57 PM
    Now don't you feel better getting that off your chest? You pretty much summed up the frustration everyone is having with the Playbook. My playbook is about as useful as a 4 cylinder Ferrari.

I could have returned mine and maybe I will regret not doing so, but the $199 price and OS 2.0 convinced me to hang onto it.

Hmmm..."the frustration *everyone* is having...I guess those not frustrated mus be nobodies. Let's not start that thread again.

This post seems eerily familiar as does the user name.

I still find it interesting to see such threads and posts stating the Playbook is "useless", "expensive brick", "waste of money", etc. and yet I and so many others are finding evermore usability and functionality. For me it is occurring in lesure time with games and Kobo books (my wife is an even bigger Kobo bookworm), internet, BBM, twitter, Facebook, Foursquare. At work for accessing and administering our servers with VPN, Telnet/SSH, RDP, Splashtop. Meetings with Evernote, Docs to Go, presenter mode, access to all of my email accounts via bridge or web, on the road with GPS, maps and internet everywhere. I also love the incoming call pop up for those very few times (choke, sputter) forget to turn off my ringer on my BB in a meeting allowing me to quickly silence it from my PB.

While not really wanting to minimize the negatives on the PB and yes there are some just as there are with any other in life, but why this compulsion to rant about what a product is not doing for you. In the first place do your research, try them out and then choose the.product that best suits your needs. This type of thing sounds so much like some who buys a (insert make) compact car without researching it or test driving it and then realizing it doesn't meet his need then get on the car maker's user support form to rant that the car he purchased does not meet his requirement when what he actually needs is a SUV (or vice versa).

If the Playbook is not the right device for you then sell it and move on, why rant here about what it can't do for you. These are Blackberry user support forums, not "I hate my (RIM) device" or "I-made-a huge-(stupid)-uninformed-buyer-poorly-researched-no-test-drive-decison-and-bought-a-playbook" 12 step forum. There are plenty of place for that such as inthe comments section of many media and tech blogs who will gladly sympathize with you.

Let's get back to helping PB users get the most of their devices and help them solve real issues that we can do something about.
    02-01-12 12:41 AM
    Hey mods! Are we done here or what?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-01-12 01:05 AM
    lol "paperweight"

i like mine
    02-01-12 03:31 AM
    Hey op

I wish I could be a pilot. Getting paid 200k to fly around to different places sounds like a sweet deal. Enjoy your life and forget about the pb. Life is too short to worry about the small things.
    02-01-12 03:53 AM
    <rant>
    I have always been a 'blackberry fanboi' so to speak. I live my life as an airline pilot largely on the road and blackberries have always by far afforded me the most practical funtionality and reliability.

So when rim announced they were releasing a tablet i was overjoyed. Even more so when i saw the specs and the promises that were made in the pre launch marketing hype. I bought my 32gb playbook within the first month of release to find out that despite the somewhat hefty price tag many of the features promised werent implimented just yet.

<snip>
    </endsnip>

*Reads 1st 2 paragraphs then looks below*

*TURNS AND LEAVES THIS THREAD*
    02-01-12 04:03 AM
    Doesn't sound like a Troll to me either. The OP is frustrated like most of us are who are waiting for OS 2.0. He is just blowing off steam. Trolls usually list the negatives and then compares it to some other brand they own.
    Agreed. Just because people have different opinions, does not make them a troll.
    TheStanger likes this.
    02-01-12 04:18 AM
    Oh, and to the op (and I guess everyone else who regrets buying the pb).

I think it is important to reframe this "mistake." The way I see it, it is only a small mistake that costs you less than a grand. It really gives you perspective when you compare it to other potential costly financial mistakes that you could have made. Lord knows I have made many.
    02-01-12 04:25 AM
    i hope you bought it during the $199 sale.

you could try selling it
    02-01-12 04:31 AM
    Hey OP, is it true they are paying 23k a year for a first year pilot?
    02-01-12 06:32 AM
    Hey OP, is it true they are paying 23k a year for a first year pilot?
    Gee, that's almost half of what a brand spanking new WO1 Army pilot with less then 3 years in service gets, and that's not including flight pay, hazardous duty pay, combat pay, housing allowance, etc.
    Kerrstar, azrin640 and Harley Kid like this.
    02-01-12 06:39 AM
    I don't think the OP was out of line either. Sounds like a reasonable rant to me (also someone who was an early adopter and paid full price). What burned me about the PB most was believing the improvements would come faster than they did, but I'm partly to blame for that. I would like to be able to use my PlayBook much more frequently and hopefully I will once OS2 is released. I'm hopeful that there are some surprise apps around the corner and that the new release and new SDKs encourage more developers to take a look at coding for the PlayBook. If I'm unhappy with it then, I'll wait and see what the iPad 3 is going to look like and start saving money for it.

Never get suckered into the Best Buy trade in program.
    hispanola likes this.
    02-01-12 11:17 AM
    Dude, I feel your pain!!
    Seems you're being burdened too much by your Playbook!
    Allow me to take that load off your shoulder (or should I say paperweight off your table).
    Let me know when you can send it to me so I can rid you of your problem. I will gladly deal with your "problem Playbook" free of charge.

Seriously though, was that just a rant? or did you want anything solved?
    If you want solutions, please post how we can help you.
    Otherwise, I wish you the best in your search for the perfect tablet that will suit your needs.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-01-12 12:05 PM
    I don't think the OP was out of line either. Sounds like a reasonable rant to me (also someone who was an early adopter and paid full price). What burned me about the PB most was believing the improvements would come faster than they did, but I'm partly to blame for that. I would like to be able to use my PlayBook much more frequently and hopefully I will once OS2 is released. I'm hopeful that there are some surprise apps around the corner and that the new release and new SDKs encourage more developers to take a look at coding for the PlayBook. If I'm unhappy with it then, I'll wait and see what the iPad 3 is going to look like and start saving money for it.

Never get suckered into the Best Buy trade in program.
    How is this your fault? It is was former co-ceo's who made those promises and misrepresented what you were getting with a pb.
    02-01-12 12:09 PM
    How is this your fault? It is was former co-ceo's who made those promises and misrepresented what you were getting with a pb.
    I guess "believing" is what it is all about ...
    02-01-12 12:11 PM
    When you tell the guy that his BB should be near enough to use Bridge so that native e-mail is unnecessary, it reminded me of the "don't hold it that way" Steve Jobs email. If that's a problem, well, it isn't mine.

FYI: I don't think the OP cares whose "fault" it is that any lacks certain features, probably because placing blame doesn't solve the problem.
    Not at all even close to the same thing. People were experiencing dropped calls when their fingers were at some point on the phone. People expected to make and receive calls as the iphone was marketed that way... you know... a phone.

People mad that they dont have native email on the PB when RIM clearly said it did not is not RIM's fault. Is it someone elses fault that people cant read? Horrible argument.
    02-01-12 12:11 PM
    OP - Get over it
    02-01-12 12:19 PM
    as a sub $400 tablet the playbook rocks (i paid 300 for my 32gb). i use it for work all the time,and think bridge is smooth and awesome.

that said, if id paid 600 for it, id be pissed too. os1 is pretty rough. i love my pb, but lets be real - it wasnt ready software-wise.

i think the former co-ceos loved hardware and didnt clue in that software was key until way late in the game. i think theyre clued in now.

new ceo, new game plan lets hope. i cant wait for os2.
    hispanola likes this.
    02-01-12 12:21 PM
    as a sub $400 tablet the playbook rocks (i paid 300 for my 32gb). i use it for work all the time,and think bridge is smooth and awesome.

that said, if id paid 600 for it, id be pissed too. os1 is pretty rough. i love my pb, but lets be real - it wasnt ready software-wise.

i think the former co-ceos loved hardware and didnt clue in that software was key until way late in the game. i think theyre clued in now.

new ceo, new game plan lets hope. i cant wait for os2.
    I think this is the important bit. If you paid full price for it back in the day, you probably didn't get what you paid for but if you got it on sale and then compare it to the other tablets available at the same price range, you probably didn't do to bad.

Many of us bought pb's when the price dropped more for what we hope rim will make it in the future as apposed to what the pb is now. Not the pb is bad now, but I know I have expectations that the future OS upgrade will put it on par with the rest of the high end tablets.
    02-01-12 12:24 PM
    I guess "believing" is what it is all about ...
    Well...when I get duped by liars, I point the finger at the liar for misrepresentation.

@economist I 100% with your point of view.
    02-01-12 12:28 PM
    I took the risk that they could be trusted knowing it wasn't all I wanted it to be when I paid money for it
    02-01-12 12:29 PM
    If your playbook is a "paper weight" - then that is simply your issue, not the playbook.

Why would you buy one? Because you're clearly a compulsive purchaser of items you feel remorse about later. It is your fault you don't know how to take full advantage of a blackberry tablet, I feel so sorry for you.

Hope you find another, more appealing paper weight to waste money on.

Keep on buying blackberry though, k?
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-01-12 12:35 PM
    I'll buy your "paper weight" for $10.00 if you want to get rid of it.
    02-01-12 12:47 PM
    I will raise that to @32.00
    02-01-12 01:07 PM
    i'll do $50.
    02-01-12 01:15 PM
184 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD