You should have seen this forum a couple months ago. There were a few repeat offenders (who were finally banned) who would label everybody a troll. The forum has become a much more pleasant place since they were gone. Thanks to the mods.
    I do not know the OP, probably none of us do. What I do know however, is that after owning the PB for 10 months and now MAYBE days away from some really nice features the OP finally joins Crackberry, a sight that could have helped them out greatly, and the first post is what we have here. The post could have easily been restated to elicit assistance from the members here. Equal blame both sides.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-03-12 02:40 PM
    What's all this 'banned' BS? The reason it's so familiar is because lots of people feel that way. If I got a pilot's licence this could have been written by me.
    True, but I've always been a little dubious of people who expend that much time and energy just to post a rant on a forum that anybody who could do anything about it will likely never see. Makes no sense to do so, and it was a self-admitted rant rather than a request for assistance. You can't be more obvious than typing "<rant>" tags, now can you.

Why when someone dares to query the validity of RIM's 'flagship' tablet is there talk about 'banned' and 'troll' as if we have been sent by another manufacturer
    Are you saying that doesn't happen? I think you better read this
    Toodeurep and hpjrt like this.
    02-03-12 02:59 PM
    I'll give you a few bucks for it - save ya from throwing it out.

I love my PB I consume more media then ever before. My news apps blow my mind with all the info I can get at a tap of an icon - but then thats just me.

popcorn rush rules!!!! (my kids make me say that)
    02-03-12 06:17 PM
    I collect paperweights. Send it my way and it will be added to the collection
    02-03-12 06:44 PM
    I like the refreshing, new perspectives that were brought out by this discussion...
    02-03-12 07:09 PM
    True, but I've always been a little dubious of people who expend that much time and energy just to post a rant on a forum that anybody who could do anything about it will likely never see. Makes no sense to do so, and it was a self-admitted rant rather than a request for assistance. You can't be more obvious than typing "<rant>" tags, now can you.

Are you saying that doesn't happen? I think you better read this
    No I'm not. But I'm also saying I'm a genuine user who is disgruntled just like the OP. Can't being unhappy with my �550.00 investment be enough? And as for the idea of 'conveniently' tying in with a soon to be released update, my PB doesn't seem to be aware of this because it's been disappointing me equally both today and since the day I bought it.

Chaps, I WANT to love this product but I'm not prepared to say nothing just because it suggests not 'keeping the faith' or 'being patient'. I'd voice the same if it was a washing machine or a holiday.

Perhaps we could summarise this by saying some are delighted some aren't but this forum isn't exclusively for the ones who 'are'. We are free to have our say too and we're not idiots, heretics, or trouble makers. The product doesn't work for some of us and we came here not to have a schoolyard argument but to voice our opinions with quantifyable reasons why the product hasn't delivered what WE had hoped for from RIM. (note that neither me or the OP are unfamiliar with RIM's products and we didn't buy without reading up on them). I try so hard to make this product shine and I'm sure me and the OP would love to be gushing but we're not so we speak.

Roll on this update so I might be able to hop the fence and join the band of happy users.
    conix67, artie and Richdog- like this.
    02-06-12 09:41 AM
    Let's not get carried away here. My fondness for the PB says no more about my leadership and critical thinking than my Dad's fondness for the iPad2 says about his creativity.
    or my fondness for 2 ply toilet paper over 1 ply...about as relevant.
    02-06-12 10:58 AM
    I was pursuaded to buy the Playbook bacause of the coming update and price, so i can imagine how frustrated you are. But I did alot of research into the upcoming update and it seems like most of these problems will be solved. I'd wait and make up your own mind after the update.
    02-06-12 02:51 PM
    No I'm not. But I'm also saying I'm a genuine user who is disgruntled just like the OP. Can't being unhappy with my �550.00 investment be enough? And as for the idea of 'conveniently' tying in with a soon to be released update, my PB doesn't seem to be aware of this because it's been disappointing me equally both today and since the day I bought it.

Chaps, I WANT to love this product but I'm not prepared to say nothing just because it suggests not 'keeping the faith' or 'being patient'. I'd voice the same if it was a washing machine or a holiday.

Perhaps we could summarise this by saying some are delighted some aren't but this forum isn't exclusively for the ones who 'are'. We are free to have our say too and we're not idiots, heretics, or trouble makers. The product doesn't work for some of us and we came here not to have a schoolyard argument but to voice our opinions with quantifyable reasons why the product hasn't delivered what WE had hoped for from RIM. (note that neither me or the OP are unfamiliar with RIM's products and we didn't buy without reading up on them). I try so hard to make this product shine and I'm sure me and the OP would love to be gushing but we're not so we speak.

Roll on this update so I might be able to hop the fence and join the band of happy users.
    I have had my share of bad tech buys, but with (stupidity) age comes wisdom (some days) so I really try to know what I the heck I am getting. I research to the point that its sickening. Usually ending up with me know waaaaaaaayyyy too much about a particular topic. Anyway, my point, buy a product for what it is, not what it could be. I bought one as well, as matter fact just about when it originally launched, but I bought it just so my wife didnt have to view her emails on her Blackberry. Everything else has been gravy. I try not to set the bar too high, every product sucks in one respect or another.

I remember buying one of the first CD burners for over 600 bucks...
    jimbo_hippo likes this.
    02-06-12 03:18 PM
184 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD