My ipad sits and collects dust.. So does my Iphone 4 for that matter.
    Sounds like a $499(minimun) paperweight. Which is what I believe the OP had in mind when he/she started this thread.
    01-31-12 03:24 PM
    <rant>

TLDR

Oh HAI!

</rant>
    01-31-12 03:29 PM
    You know what butters my buns in this here thread? Majority of you users that complained to the high moon about it don't have this, or that....been waiting months and so on and so on, then OS2 comes out to save the day and now you change your tune and basically crap in someones Wheaties because he is finally posting about how unhappy he is. It is a large world folks......he has many valid points as well.

A lot of hypocrites in here......

I say that loving this site and most the users, but get a gripe!

Waits for os2 don't have this or that and its buggy, when is the next OS coming out to fix these issues, then months goes by and some random memeber posts how unhappy he is and he vets grilled to death because the next great OS is coming out to again......save the day.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    hispanola, Richdog- and TheStanger like this.
    01-31-12 03:44 PM
    Some people here are getting really defensive about their device. It sounded like the OP was being reasonable in his assessment based on his own personal experience. He never said anything bad about people here in the forum, so calling him a troll or making other negative comments about him is really not fair.
    I have to agree. It didn't sound like a troll comment to me. Sounded like he really owned and used the device. I think his complaints are valid. I have some of my own complaints but love it for the most part.For the price and the bridging, I accept the compromise.
    01-31-12 03:55 PM
    I can understand the frustration the OP feels. Remember he bought it at full price the month it came out with a head full of RIM promises.
    I am very happy with my Playbook but I bought it in November for $199 knowing it's shortcomings and expecting an update in February.
    If 8 months from now I am still waiting for the promises that OS 2.0 is supposed to deliver I probably won't be very impressed with RIM either but at least I can console myself with paying $199 for it not $499.
    Thunderbuck and hispanola like this.
    01-31-12 04:22 PM
    My ipad sits and collects dust.. So does my Iphone 4 for that matter.

I love my playbook but it needs the apps that people come to expect like skype, msn etc.

I use mine for email, RDP into servers why running around the office and while at home. I use it to stream my media to while having a bath or sitting in the office chillaxing.

My ipad is too big that i don't take it anywhere.. Where as my playbook slide in my hooding or sweater with easy or i hide it in my Wives purse. Either way it comes everywhere with me.. Especially out to the cabin where we have a cell phone booster to boost the signal as its in a dead zone and i can watch the JEts games while snowmobiling.

I also have all the snowmobile tech manuals in pdf on there as well as a bunch of other manuals i may need.

WHOOT

The iPhone is perfectly shaped to be a paper weight
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:18 PM
    I will keep it simple eh. Feb 17th
    01-31-12 05:22 PM
    My blood boils every time I see a thread like this...

Your dream device would be something like:..

-Siri: "My database reflects that that red liquid running down between your legs is blood. I would recommend you to wrap me around your that part so I can clean you up while you keep arguing why Kens treat Barbies better than MaxSteels. I run inside an intelligent pad after all. Enjoy your apple, and beware of the worms you might find inside."

-You: " :inlove:"
    01-31-12 05:25 PM
    $299 for a 64 GB even though the rear camera does not work and I had to send it back for repairs...it is worth it. Soon I will have 2.0 and my Playbook back. I can't wait.
    01-31-12 05:26 PM
    Although I love my playbook and use it on an almost daily basis I do see where you are coming from, RIM has sort of just let the playbook happen they haven't really done much for it. I really hope the rumors of this new 10 inch playbook are false I believe that RIM should be focusing on fixing the mess they made of the original before they move on to seconds.
    hispanola likes this.
    01-31-12 06:16 PM
    Don't speak for me.
    I agree I for one am not at all frustrated with my playbook. Im excited to what is coming is OS2 but the playbook is an excellent device as it is right now.
    cntrydncr223 and Harley Kid like this.
    01-31-12 06:19 PM
    I can understand your frustration but you sound like a smart fellow.

Firstly wait for 2.0 also it makes a great movie player, book reader, music player, It you have a Blackberry 99xx the bridge broswer is fab!

It is not the best it could be true but nor is the Ipad I have a 32g 3g (white of course) which hardly gets used by me.

It will get better and is a great portable device hang on in there bud!
    01-31-12 08:38 PM
    OP probably heard pb is a good hardware but disappointed didn't run certain apps he likes. I'm in tech support business people always ask me which one is better mac or window's? I always ask them back which apps they wanted to use first because those apps will dictate which platform is useful to him or her.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-31-12 08:56 PM
    While I have used my PB quite a bit, the price drop is just the worst part as an early adopter. Even if I just wanted to sell it to upgrade to another tablet, I can't even do that. $600 brand new for a 32GB, now RIM is doing $300 brand new for a 64GB. That's in a span of a few months.
    hispanola and Richdog- like this.
    01-31-12 09:02 PM
    If your playbook is so worthless to you I'll take it off your hands. I'll pay shipping too.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-31-12 09:20 PM
    I have to agree. It didn't sound like a troll comment to me. Sounded like he really owned and used the device. I think his complaints are valid. I have some of my own complaints but love it for the most part.For the price and the bridging, I accept the compromise.
    Doesn't sound like a Troll to me either. The OP is frustrated like most of us are who are waiting for OS 2.0. He is just blowing off steam. Trolls usually list the negatives and then compares it to some other brand they own.
    anon(3158896) likes this.
    01-31-12 09:25 PM
    Like somebody said earlier, the OP doesn't care what all has been posted in the 2+ pages since he commented. He's probably sitting back saying "I really stirred up those fools, didn't I?".
    01-31-12 09:29 PM
    The 5 minutes I spent reading through this thread is 5 too many and 5 I'll never get back.

Regrets.
    01-31-12 09:33 PM
    OPie, I feel your pain.

Unfortunately, many of the posters who responded to you do not travel extensively for business, and thus do not understand the frustration of the PB for that purpose. Others are not business professionals, and have no idea what you are talking about. And others yet simply do not understand the frustration of buying a "business tablet" that has virtually no business functions.

Your points are well taken, and I am not inclined to believe that software 2.0 and the change in CEOs at RIM will change much of that. As I am a hopeless optimist, I am willing to wait the next few weeks before rendering a final judgment. On the other hand, the window for the PB to be THE business tablet has already passed, and I sadly feel that it will be little more than another machine that amazed for 30 seconds or so before sinking into oblivion.

As CEO of a corporation, sitting on the boards of three other global corporations, and as a respected voice in the tech industry, I can tell you that RIM and the Playbook have a very grim future unless there is a major turnaround. Companies that bought into their Enterprise server are stuck in a classic dilemma -- jump to another platform, at a substantial cost, or wait and pray for a turnaround.

I'm inclined to wait this year and give them the chance. If they fail, we will have seen the next generation of Androids and the continuing development of the iPad, and the future will be clearer. If they succeed, you will be a hero for having the foresight to stick it out.

But posting your presentation with the present PB on this forum is, IMHO, a total waste of time unless you are a masochist looking for a whipping.
    hispanola and Richdog- like this.
    01-31-12 09:56 PM
    On the contrary, I think we all do understand his frustration, at least I do.
    What I mean is, I understand he IS frustrated.

I, however, am not. I think most of the posters are happy with their device as well.

Could it use some upgrades? Absolutely.
    Are we impatient? Sure.
    Do we get upset about the shortcomings of the OS? You betcha.
    Does it help to rant? Sometimes, but only temporarily.

Not saying he doesn't have reason to be frustrated, but if he's not happy and not willing to wait for OS 2 to be released, then the only other option is to sell it, give it away, or throw it in the ocean (or use it for a paperweight).

Like I said in another post, I'd rather see a happy iphone user than an unhappy bb one.

If a rant is to vent, that's one thing.
    If a post is to get answers, that's cool, no worries.
    If a post is to get answers, while venting, that's acceptable, too.
    Fine, sure, go ahead. Happens to the best of us.

But don't expect everyone to agree, just because.
    And just because they don't, doesn't mean we dont understand.

OP, sorry you are frustrated.
    I hope your next experience, whether with BB, driod, apple, or (fill in the blank), is a positive one, and that you can be totally happy with your decision.
    01-31-12 10:21 PM
    32 gig Playbook, you say? $180 mint condition, you say? Hmmm, I could always give my 16 gig to the wife and get a lil more storage. PM please.
    01-31-12 10:37 PM
    Sell it to me, will buy it for 100. You pay the shipment
    Ok, since many here bid for the same, I am going to increase my offer to 150.

@Lead_Express : Slow down mate,
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-31-12 11:16 PM
    I'll give a coupon for free legal work in whichever state I work in after I graduate that's gotta be worth at least $500 (Or $0)
    azrin640 likes this.
    01-31-12 11:34 PM
    I'll give a coupon for free legal work in whichever state I work in after I graduate that's gotta be worth at least $500 (Or $0)
    Why does it seem like you always get less than you pay for when it comes to legal fees?
    01-31-12 11:39 PM
    Why does it seem like you always get less than you pay for when it comes to legal fees?
    Because lawyers become politicians, and politicians like to take simple things and make them difficult so that you need a lawyer to understand them.
    Then other lawyers become judges, and further complicate what the politicians did.
    Then all the lawyers, judges, and politicians overcharge you for the privilege of navigiating you through the complex maze they created out of a simple common sense event.
    They then use those fees to put their own children through law school so that the cycle can continue.
    01-31-12 11:46 PM
184 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD