Why is it the OP's first post is so, so similar to other first posts by person(s) already banned? I have seen that same lengthy post more times then I can count....and what's with the new guys having their user handles with a dot, ie: ima.trool ? Am I too suspicious and it's all just coincidence...am I turning into a paranoid schizophrenic....do I need to start drinking earlier???
    You have the first stages of Blackjack syndrom. He started exhibiting signs very similar to you. At the beginning, an OP would ask a simple question, and Blackjack would have suspicions that he was a troll.

At the end, every first post was a troll who came to criticize his baby. And well, we know what happened to him....
    azrin640, raino, kirson and 3 others like this.
    01-31-12 08:10 AM
    You have the first stages of Blackjack syndrom. He started exhibiting signs very similar to you. At the beginning, an OP would ask a simple question, and Blackjack would have suspicions that he was a troll.

At the end, every first post was a troll who came to criticize his baby. And well, we know what happened to him....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............
    01-31-12 08:14 AM
    I've just picked up the 32gb Playbook, mostly for the 7" form factor, Flash ability and cheap price. I already have the iPad2, and I'm not giving that up, as it does have everything else that's missing in the Playbook.

So far it's doing what I want, browsing flash sites and websites, e-reader, and hopefully sometime soon, gps and email (the last 2 are non-existent now but I knew that coming in). It's just a lot lighter than the iPad2.

iOS is way more mature than the Playbook, lots more apps, far better Asian language support and browsing forums is just easier on a 10" screen.
    01-31-12 08:14 AM
    Why is it the OP's first post is so, so similar to other first posts by person(s) already banned? I have seen that same lengthy post more times then I can count....and what's with the new guys having their user handles with a dot, ie: ima.trool ? Am I too suspicious and it's all just coincidence...am I turning into a paranoid schizophrenic....do I need to start drinking earlier???
    The sentence structure(or lack of) in the OP's last post looks very familiar. I'll join you in the rubber room.
    01-31-12 08:19 AM
    The last time I spoke out what I thought about posters like the OP i got an almighty warning from the mods; so i will say the expected thing:-
    SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY.
    kbz1960 and BlackStormRising like this.
    01-31-12 08:20 AM
    How about some cheese with your whine!!!! LOL Must be the thinnnn Airrr while flying.
    01-31-12 08:21 AM
    I understand and agree with everything you said, that is why I didn't buy one when they first came out. Being a brand new device, I knew it would be glitchy and lacking and decided to wait and recently bought a 32GB at their new prices hoping their new OS 2 will be what all of us are hoping.
    You waited this long might as well see if they deliver and if they don't, just load it with music and movies.
    ima5exypaki likes this.
    01-31-12 08:25 AM

see post #8
    01-31-12 08:30 AM
    I'm not as active in the forum as others but I often think of this when I see a new post like this one. It just makes me laugh.

I believe the quote is "...quick get the sword I want to chop his head off." I am definately not suggesting physical harm to anyone, just using it as a form comical release.
    01-31-12 08:33 AM
    i have a laptop lol i travel with my laptop and the playbook...well the playbook when i remember these days.

and to the other poster yes i know its called windos live messenger now but i still call it by the old name (old habits)

@superfly: remember i bought it the same month as release, back then we all thought (you guys on here included) that android player etc was right around the corner (we were told by the summer) and that was supposed to solve most of the issues because what ever native apps were lacked would most likely be available in adroids app world which is huge.
    Know what? I'm not going to give you grief. You've got a point and shoot there's times I agree with a lot more of your rant than I'd like to admit.

To be fair, there WERE a lot of implied promises in RIM's promos (including that now-infamous mockups of App World showing Skype). And a lot of deadlines were blown.

What I've found, though, is that RIM has shown a real commitment to making this little toy work. I've been using the Developer Previews, and particularly with the current 2.0.0.7111 version the Playbook is very useful. The browsing experience is now exceptional, and I'm finding myself not using my laptop much at all anymore.

Hang on. It will be worth it.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-31-12 08:34 AM
    my nephew has a pandigital first model black thats android that does more than this brick (playbook) but patience as even android and ios wasnt born exactly perfect.
    i too will wait until more developement comes out before i decide on its faith.
    01-31-12 08:35 AM
    i have a laptop lol i travel with my laptop and the playbook...well the playbook when i remember these days.

and to the other poster yes i know its called windos live messenger now but i still call it by the old name (old habits)

@superfly: remember i bought it the same month as release, back then we all thought (you guys on here included) that android player etc was right around the corner (we were told by the summer) and that was supposed to solve most of the issues because what ever native apps were lacked would most likely be available in adroids app world which is huge.
    Sorry you were lead in that direction. I must say I never considered buying the PB as an "early-early-adopter", as I know new (conceptual) devices NEVER hit the market well polished. Buying on day 1 is like installing beta, can be a bet.
    I guess I could put some water in my wine (uhghggg ... not IRL !) about your motivations, but frankly, the best I can say is "you made a bet you could have avoided".

[P.S: I'm (also) the MSN other poster lol].
    01-31-12 08:37 AM
    All the familiar signs of inciting an unhealthy flame war brews the moment I see posts like this.
    No surprise to the numerous such posts we have seen in the past leading to outright bashing and flaming. Unfortunately, we all get dragged into this everytime it happens...... there is no escaping the 'bait'.
    01-31-12 08:38 AM
    OP - I'm just curious what it was that pushed you over the edge to join today and post your rant after all this time. What made you so mad to post yours online with only 2 weeks to go for OS2? Tell me what was the final straw.
    Like most pilots i commute. Yesterday, after finishing my weekly flight rotation I arrived back at base just after the last morning flight home had departed. Rather than go back to my apartment in the city i decided to just hang around the airport grab something to eat and kill some time till the first of the evening flights that would get me home (about 3.5 hours total).

So i pulled out my playbook to keep me occupied and had a three hour reminder of all the reasons i was frustrated with it. At one point i thought to my self well os 2 will soon be out hopefully that will improve things.

Then i realised how sad it was that almost a year on to still be hoping for features that were promised to be comming very shortly at release. with the buzz about the ipad3 already and the rate at which new android tablets are being released a year is practically the life of a tablet these days.

The bestbuy trade in program telling me 'sorry but your tablet isnt even worth trading in' kinda pissed me off too.
    artie, kirson and vegetto_456 like this.
    01-31-12 08:42 AM
    All the familiar signs of inciting an unhealthy flame war brews the moment I see posts like this.
    No surprise to the numerous such posts we have seen in the past leading to outright bashing and flaming. Unfortunately, we all get dragged into this everytime it happens...... there is no escaping the 'bait'.
    Well, while OP's reaction is fair and language keeps civilized ...
    01-31-12 08:43 AM
    Well, while OP's reaction is fair and language keeps civilized ...
    Thats very true....
    01-31-12 08:46 AM
    OP: sorry for your problem.

You obviously spent a great deal of time thinking about the posted comments.
    You say you are a 'pilot' and hence well educated. If you had done due-diligent research all of the things that you have mentioned were commented, time and again, since day one of release. Nothing should have been a surprise. It is better for you to move on to another device.
    alnamvet68, hpjrt and jivegirl14 like this.
    01-31-12 08:51 AM
    you have waited so long and when the end is near you are giving up. come on you can do better then that.
    01-31-12 08:52 AM
    I'll be happy to have your paperweight... Please feel free to send it to me whenever you want!
    01-31-12 08:53 AM
    I wish Crackberry would let you store canned responses under your profile so you could just pull down a drop down menu select your typical response to these type of threads...

I would select this one:

blah blah blah .. should've investigated your purchase first .. blah blah blah ... sell it if you don't like it ... blah blah blah .. do a search of this topic and you'll find 1000+ boneheads before you that bought under an assumption as well .. blah blah blah ... please take your rant somewhere else blah blah.
    01-31-12 08:55 AM
    Like most pilots i commute. Yesterday, after finishing my weekly flight rotation I arrived back at base just after the last morning flight home had departed. Rather than go back to my apartment in the city i decided to just hang around the airport grab something to eat and kill some time till the first of the evening flights that would get me home (about 3.5 hours total).

So i pulled out my playbook to keep me occupied and had a three hour reminder of all the reasons i was frustrated with it. At one point i thought to my self well os 2 will soon be out hopefully that will improve things.

Then i realised how sad it was that almost a year on to still be hoping for features that were promised to be comming very shortly at release. with the buzz about the ipad3 already and the rate at which new android tablets are being released a year is practically the life of a tablet these days.

The bestbuy trade in program telling me 'sorry but your tablet isnt even worth trading in' kinda pissed me off too.
    Ah I see you are worried about what Jones families are doing. So do you buy new tech monthly? yearly? when it no longer works? Do you get worried that the car you just bought will be outdone by other cars? That next years model will have something the one you just bought doesn't?

I guess because the Jones are coming out with newer models it makes all older models of any brand worthless. I understand you and I and everyone saw these pictures which made everyone assume.........

You have stuck with it for this long and just when things are going to really start happening you're going paper weight? Good luck in whatever you do and I still have room for another paper weight.
    01-31-12 08:57 AM

I agree. There is something familiar about this loooong story/explanation.

I'm guessing any tablet would bore this OP
    01-31-12 09:10 AM
    I would suggest that this thread be closed- there is nothing thats going to come out of this that is going to help anyone.

It has obviously pissed a lot of people, but kudos to them for keeping their frustration under raps. The longer this thread (and its likes) remain open the higher the chances of people coming in with all bare knuckles..... and we all know how that goes down.

So, please close this thread.
    01-31-12 09:26 AM
    Sell it to me, will buy it for 100. You pay the shipment
    01-31-12 09:33 AM
    I would suggest that this thread be closed- there is nothing thats going to come out of this that is going to help anyone.

It has obviously pissed a lot of people, but kudos to them for keeping their frustration under raps. The longer this thread (and its likes) remain open the higher the chances of people coming in with all bare knuckles..... and we all know how that goes down.

So, please close this thread.

Something may come out of it, i'm hoping to pick up a playbook cheap!! lol
    DPSydBerry and azrin640 like this.
    01-31-12 09:44 AM
184 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD