I just want to be able to play a YouTube clip (music) in one tab while I surf the net in another tab, that's all - and no I won't use the native YouTube app because the search results compared to the web browser are horrible and most of the time I cannot find what I'm looking for.
    It just takes a little creative thinking to be able to do this. First, open Simple Browser (or Secure Browser or Maxthon or Dolphin). Find your video on YouTube and stat it playing. Then, open Browser, and browse away. The video will keep playing.
    09-01-12 10:33 AM
    well.. technically you can do all that still..

You can play youtube vids while surfing the web, only if you are playing the Youtube vid in one browser and surfing with another. Also, multiple audio sources can play at once. I had a youtube vid playing, Pacemaker app playing 2 songs at once, as well a the stock Music player playing a song.

The main problem seems to be with playing multiple videos at once, depending on the source, and in best case scenario the limit seems to be 2.
    You are correct. However, what I was saying is that you used to be able to have one browser open with youtube running on one tab and then surf the Web on another tab. Exactly what Vector-ss wants to do.
    09-01-12 05:31 PM
    For those who have stated that the max is two vids running at the same time, I'm up to four running at the same time and could probably stretch it to five, but four is already probably pushing the hardware too much.
    09-01-12 06:45 PM
    For those who have stated that the max is two vids running at the same time, I'm up to four running at the same time and could probably stretch it to five, but four is already probably pushing the hardware too much.
    What's your secret? lol I wish I could do that! For the sake of science, of course
    09-02-12 08:28 PM
    CSPAN 1 in Browser, CSPAN 2 in Simple Bowser, vid in Videos, captured live stream in Movie FLV Player.
    09-02-12 09:47 PM
    It just takes a little creative thinking to be able to do this. First, open Simple Browser (or Secure Browser or Maxthon or Dolphin). Find your video on YouTube and stat it playing. Then, open Browser, and browse away. The video will keep playing.
    I know I can do that, but...it would be nice to not have to launch two different browsers in order to do that.
    09-04-12 07:23 AM
    I know I can do that, but...it would be nice to not have to launch two different browsers in order to do that.
    FWIW, it's actually easier to switch between 2 apps (one swipe) than it is to switch between 2 tabs in the browser (one swipe and a tap). Also, FWIW, if this hasn't already been mentioned, Simple Browser+ will let you do what you want.
    09-04-12 09:23 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD