Hello
    I regularly use torrent sites like thepiratebay.org to download movie and tv show torrents for my PlayBook. However, sometimes the movies work flawlessly, and others, there is no sound once the video is copied to the PlayBook (when it's played on the computer, everything runs smoothly). Why is this? Should I be looking for a certain format or convert my files to another movie format?
    Thanks,
    Adam
    07-21-11 11:12 AM
    m4v video works great for me. you have a lot of movies in that format. Anyway you can convert your movies to that format.
    07-21-11 11:17 AM
    M4V being the format or the website?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 11:22 AM
    the video format
    07-21-11 11:27 AM
    I use Movie SRT to watch my movies with subs all the time, I don't know if Movie SRT supports more video formats than what the original video player does and I don't think it does cause of the SDK and stuff.

Ignoring the fact that those movies are most likely..ahem..you know. And this forum doesn't support that stuff, I'll still answer anyway, avoid MKV format downloads, look for XviD downloads, avi's mp4's(or m4v) and you won't have to do any converting.
    07-21-11 12:29 PM
    I have the same problem. I put the entire season of a few shows on the PB and most will play with no issues however 20% or so will have no sound.

WHat gives?
    07-22-11 07:37 AM
    maybe you have an audio codec problem. check the files if has the correct audio codec.
    07-22-11 07:58 AM
    As I mentioned, I put entire seasons of shows on there which are all packed with the same codecs, same file types, everything, yet some just wont play audio.
    07-22-11 08:22 AM
    its because some movies downloaded are have AC3 audio which the playbook doesn't support so you need to conver the audio to mp3 or AAC
    07-22-11 09:44 AM
    I hate Pirate Bay (and a lot of the other torrent sites) because they link to stolen films which people watch without paying for them. I'm not suggesting that anyone on this thread would do that, of course, but the last time I checked film companies were laying off thousands of people and over here in England our industry has virtually disappeared altogether.

Out of interest, how do you actually pay for films you download from those sites?
    andy957 and Chaddface like this.
    07-23-11 08:50 AM
    I am too curious..
    Is Warez talk allowed here on CB?
    is piracy an open conversation we are allowed to discuss?
    What if the already own the dvd and would like a digital version?! Technically they have already purchased rights to the media...

07-23-11 09:51 AM
    I am too curious..
    Is Warez talk allowed here on CB?
    is piracy an open conversation we are allowed to discuss?
    torrents are not warez. Thanks

There is no way to pay for a download from a torrent site. Some sites like iso, will accept paypal donations.

Buy a movie from itunes, convert it, and send it to the PB.

Own films? Rip and send to your PB.
    07-23-11 09:58 AM
    What if the already own the dvd and would like a digital version?! Technically they have already purchased rights to the media...

While I cannot discuss intl law, in Canada it is legal to download content, the law gets broken as soon as your offer it up (Upload the video/distribute)
    rvision likes this.
    07-23-11 10:01 AM
    I use Movie SRT to watch my movies with subs all the time, I don't know if Movie SRT supports more video formats than what the original video player does and I don't think it does cause of the SDK and stuff.
    That got my attention. Where do you find these movies SRT and are they available for free DL ?

All the best

Hugh
    mandony likes this.
    07-23-11 10:35 AM
    does big toe taste good?
    Classy. Thank you for not disappointing me
    07-23-11 10:51 AM
    all previous posts deleted by me, as to try and make oniberry not look so foolish, oh wait all of them are still quoted
    07-23-11 10:52 AM
    See, now, the free download that you're looking for is stolen, isn't it? I don't want to p*ss on anyone's parade, but you downloading a film you haven't paid for is the same as walking into a store and slipping the DVD under your shirt and walking out. And the Paypal donation mentioned earlier goes to the download site, not the film-makers...

The British film industry is reeling at the moment, and people stealing movies instead of paying for them could finish it off. Please don't steal stuff - do what the guy said and buy the film on iTunes and then transfer it.

Thanks!

bjw408h and Chaddface like this.
    07-23-11 12:21 PM
    i've been buying all my movies from itunes so imagine my disappointment when i couldn't put them on my PB. IS there a way to convert them & put them on my PB? any help would be useful.
    12-30-11 03:48 PM
  19. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    Come off your high horse, downloading movies is like masturbation, we don't, or are not allowed to talk about it but, for the most part we all do it.

Download a movie, watch it, if you love it, you will BUY IT!

I come from a time of paying $30 dollars for a DVD, only to find out the trailer was better than the movie. I am done paying for crap wrapped in fancy paper.

A bad artist would be poor because you can see the painting before you buy it, and film-makers are millionaires because you can't.

Search "720p-HR" on The pirate Bay for a whole list of movies that just work.
    Last edited by onceyougoblackyounevergoback; 01-03-12 at 11:06 AM.
    01-03-12 11:04 AM
    ^ like your name. I sure didn't go back
    01-03-12 12:27 PM
    The music and Film industries business models are totally outdated.

The exec's and the 1 hit wonders continue to make huge $ while the real workers are on tightly controlled wages.

When I see some music artists or actors with a couple of 1 off hits and only in there 20's driving around in Bentleys/Porsches I don't feel bad in ripping there songs or films.

Unfortunately the huge profits don't make it down to the support staff.

Make a CD or DVD $5 or $10 instead of $15 and $30 and dont pay the exec's and artist so much.

Sorry but that's my opinion.
    raymond likes this.
    01-03-12 12:27 PM
    I thought that the movie industry had a record year, money wise, in 2010. Where does all that cash go? Or was it just Holly Wood that had the record year?
    01-03-12 01:19 PM
    this whole thread is the reason i love crackberry!!

but, please, don't judge people on if they download movies or books. we know what the deal is. just answer the question or report the post. how many of you have installed a leaked os or googled the crack for docs to go - be pious all you want but dont be a about it.

to the op or whomever has these issues (i.e. me) download avidmux

it'll convert enything or the audio only - i'm stupid and figured it out. if you can't figure it out, don't download movies and complain about codecs.

open your file, cha the audio fomat to mp3, click on the calcluator and hit ok. make sure you save it as .avi it might take some time but it'll be ok.

i tested it on sample and it is golden. oh, alsways remember, google is your smartest friend that's always willing to answer your question.

thank you cb nation

p.s. dont complain about my spelling, im using my playbook.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-04-12 04:43 PM
    theres a crack for docs to go ? .. great thanks

01-04-12 04:52 PM
    I thought that the movie industry had a record year, money wise, in 2010. Where does all that cash go? Or was it just Holly Wood that had the record year?
    Yeah, the money goes to studios - who for the most part have found in 2011 that the only way they can keep income up is to charge more for 3D films at the cinema. It just doesn't work to say that films are too expensive and thus it is okay to steal them - that argument doesn't work with flatscreen TV's and it doesn't work with Omega watches and it also doesn't work for films.

I'm in England, where we don't have any studios and I can absolutely tell you that the business is being torn apart by theft (aka 'pirating'.) If you steal (aka 'download') a film and you like it,will you REALLY run out to buy the DVD and watch it again? Honestly? Seeing as you have a perfectly good copy on your hard drive that cost (you) nothing? Of course you won't...

And for every Bruce Willis with his millions of dollars, there are tens of thousands of production staff for whom this is a job. When you justify theft because 'Bruce doesn't need the money', it isn't Bruce whose job is gone, is it?

Don't steal films, please. I work in the business in England and I'm not Bruce Willis and my job is at risk because of piracy. Ta for reading...

Chaddface likes this.
    01-05-12 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD