I would like to be able to watch movies, read e-books or listen to music while doing time in my basement gym. I need some sort of clamp mount to attach to an (approx) 1.5" handle bar and which will allow the playbook to swivel from landscape to portrait.

Any suggestions out there?

Thank you.
    01-23-12 10:49 AM
    Take a look at the options from RAM Mounts, they have the "tab-tite" holder that can be attached to various mounting solutions...
    01-23-12 11:01 AM
    I would grab a case that the playbook clicks into, like the convertible one from RIM. Then just attach it to whatever you want, maybe with a velcro strip. Lots of them on sale right now to.
    farskija likes this.
    01-23-12 11:22 AM
    What about a car mount kit that you can modify with a "hoseclamp" or other options from the hardware store? A lot of motorcycle/bicycle mounts would adapt well, too.

Check out ProClipUSA
    Last edited by DocDRM; 01-23-12 at 11:30 AM.
    01-23-12 11:23 AM
    I would grab a case that the playbook clicks into, like the convertible one from RIM. Then just attach it to whatever you want, maybe with a velcro strip. Lots of them on sale right now to.
    I like the "low-budget" approach. Probably easier in the long-run!
    01-23-12 01:57 PM
    Take a trip to your local hardware store. I bet that for just a couple of bucks you can find everything you need to make your own. Then, take all the $$ you saved and buy yourself a 12 pack and a good cigar.
    01-23-12 05:49 PM
    Then, take all the $$ you saved and buy yourself a 12 pack and a good cigar.
    That's the BEST suggestion yet!
    01-23-12 06:00 PM
    I would suggest buying a cheap car mount on eBay and then McGuyvering it up as needed to mount it. That will be the safest thing for the PB, IMO. I bought a windshield mount unit for 12 bucks. If the big suction cup won't work, it can easily be modded.
    01-23-12 06:22 PM
    01-23-12 07:00 PM
    iShots have a bike mount which fits the PlayBook.
    01-25-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD