Sorry guys to be a bother but i have been working on this all day and can't seem to find a solution. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction or give me some advice. My girlfriend has a 16gb playbook and motorola cliq xt android phone. I've been trying to get her phone to share the internet connection with the playbook but I'm not having any luck. The cliq stock android does not come with any hot spot capabilities so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to go that route first.

I've never owned an android so the first thing I did was google the crap out of rooting the phone and managed to put a cynagon mod on it. After rooting the phone and installing the mod i tried several apps that turned the phone into a hotspot and managed to get it connected with her windows laptop. The playbook however does not see the network. After doing some research I found out the playbook does not support ad-hoc networks and all the apps compatible with her phone use exactly that. I then went the route of bluetooth DUN, and found an app called PDA net. This app was looking promising due to the fact i was able to pair the two devices. I then went to the internet tethering option on the playbook, selected her phone, managed to get past the authentication part, the PDA net app said connected!, the playbook then started to obtain an ip address, I was beginning to have a wet dream, and then it just sat there...... after a while the playbook errored out telling me to check the device was turned on blah blah blah blah. If any of you have any tips i ask for your wisdom!!!!

On a side note I can't wait for the new berries to roll out so she can get her 9860 to go along perfectly with her playbook.
    07-30-11 10:48 PM
    Been trying to help, but I can't find any useful answer too
    I don't know which version of CyanogenMod (CM) that u use, but the latest is CM7 and it's said to have Gingerbread built in it..
    About the Bluetooth DUN, it's funny coz some other users even unable to use that features with their Galaxy S II or other Android..
    08-01-11 04:39 AM
    not use if custom rom would talk to a playbook. maybe security issues, but pb's wifi is not the easiest to set..lots of people having problems with standard routers.
    have you tried to connect the cliq hotspot to other phones, see if it works? try to connect to a blackberry handset or a laptop first.
    a pb reboot may work.
    08-01-11 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD