I was just looking at the bottom of the main fourm page and noticed:

Most users ever online was 17,859, 02-21-2012 at 10:10 AM

Wasn't February 21st the day the PlayBook OS 2 was released? Does this also mean there are more PlayBooks out in the wild than we think. I suppose we will know tonight when RIM releases the financial statements for the last quarter.
    03-29-12 07:39 AM
    I'd say whatever is newest is usually the most popular here. And that's OS2 for the PlayBook.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-29-12 at 09:41 AM.
    03-29-12 07:41 AM
    I would also say its a unique device that RIM has. RIM has not really historically given dates for releases. They have let the carriers release devices, release OS updates etc. There was no single point to draw everyone in like there was with the PB OS2 launch.
    03-29-12 07:45 AM
    I would also say its a unique device that RIM has. RIM has not really historically given dates for releases. They have let the carriers release devices, release OS updates etc. There was no single point to draw everyone in like there was with the PB OS2 launch.
    I'd say with whatever is newest is usually the most popular here. And that's OS2 for the PlayBook.
    I may have it wrong, as I am just doing this from memory, but I think the last most users record was when the BlackBerry servers crashed. The OS 2 release may have beat it by 1,000 users online. Keep in mind there are 70,000,000 BlackBerry users, versus an undetermined number of PlayBook users, but the PlayBook OS brought in more users to CrackBerry on release day.
    03-29-12 07:48 AM
    Before the most recent, it was for the Storm release. The Storm release brought a TON more BlackBerry users in, as well as CrackBerry members.

I'm guessing the release of OS10 will set another record. I love when the CrackBerry forums is abuzz with excitement and anticipation. Even when I'm not getting the device creating it, it is fun to read! Also, the early adopters are really helpful with their reports.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-29-12 at 07:58 AM.
    03-29-12 07:54 AM
    the crappad is

in all seriousness. I'm looking forward to when BB10 is released (even if the os name is a little weak) and the buzz will surely jump a bit when that comes flying out the doors.

It'll definitely be a defining point for RIM
    03-29-12 08:20 AM
    Yes without a doubt, the PlayBook is this most popular device right now, until another major announcement like the BB10. I like all the Crackberry buzz its exciting
    03-29-12 08:38 AM
    The PlayBook is a hot topic for PlayBook owners, but also for BlackBerry owners as it is a preview of the new BlackBerry smartphones coming later this year. Therefore, everyone on CrackBerry should care about the PlayBook. Love it or not, it holds the keys to the future of RIM.
    03-29-12 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD