I see the playbook does not support MKV files which has Audio Container of AC3 or DTS , so is there a player which can overcome this problem ? I used Dice Player on my android and it plays everything which even most of players couldn't

Should i update to latest version ? I see the android market is removed from new version.

Also would like to ask whether its really worth to root the PB ?
    05-14-12 01:18 AM
    At this time, there does not appear to be any 3rd party video players that can display mkv files (or others) with the incompatible audio components. Conversion is required.

As for rooting, you can visit the Rooting subforum and inquire with the experts.
    05-14-12 07:55 AM
    As for rooting, if you're on the current OS, you can't root.
    05-14-12 09:25 AM
    I downloaded OS 2.1.0.560 beta and discovered that it supports MKV! I was surprised as there was nothing reported on this forum. I found that the standard Video Player will provide the thumb nail for some of the MKV files but not for others; but they all play. To play the MKV files that I can't see on the player thumb nails, I run them from a browser.
    06-15-12 10:18 PM
    I downloaded OS 2.1.0.560 beta and discovered that it supports MKV! I was surprised as there was nothing reported on this forum. I found that the standard Video Player will provide the thumb nail for some of the MKV files but not for others; but they all play. To play the MKV files that I can't see on the player thumb nails, I run them from a browser.
    This is not changed from 2.0. MKV will play in 2.0 or 2.1, just not if th audio is AC3.
    06-16-12 12:53 AM
    thanks for publish such a great and colorful blog..i like it very much..
    data entry
    must say,very innovative ideas of your and its great implementation...
    best it education in pakistan
    thank u again for publish it.
    spam.............
    06-16-12 04:42 AM
    it does support the mkv already ..but the problem is the AC3 encoding thing
    06-17-12 01:59 AM
    How do you tell when an MKV file is encoded in AC3? This will save me copying mkv files that won't work.
    07-07-12 04:17 AM
    How do you tell when an MKV file is encoded in AC3? This will save me copying mkv files that won't work.
    Install MediaInfo, MediaInfo , then drag your video file into it, and it will tell you the audio and video codecs used. As far as converting files, search on this board for a program called XviD4PSP. It will allow you to convert the audio only while leaving the video alone, thus allowing you to convert an hour long vid in about 5-7 minutes.
    07-07-12 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD