I bought and like it. That said, I don't use it all that much for as much as it cost.

KRS
    10-25-12 08:54 PM
    Do you use the Microsoft web apps as well? I'm curious to know if you are able to work with Excel productively using the mini KB.
    I've tried using the bridge remote control but haven't got the knack for selecting a block of cells for copying and pasting for instance.
    Well I don't have the mini keyboard yet, I started this thread to get some opinions and such. But I'm trying to use the web apps. The powerpoint worked, but word did not, it won't let me actually edit/type anything... :s so instead I downloaded the document, edited it in the native docs to go and tried to upload it, it says I can not replace the old one because its in use (which its not), so I can only keep both...
    10-26-12 10:52 AM
    i just received mine and I am VERY dissapointed!

There is a nasty bug that inserts extra commas whenever you type an accent. The only applications that behave well are gotodocs, mindmaps and groovynotes. all the bridge applications, native mail, etc. fail to accept accents.

It is imposible to compose a message in spanish having to edit all the garbage that gets into the text.

Even though RIM advertises the keyboard with accents support, it does not work in real life. if you need to type accents, stay away from this keyboard
    10-26-12 01:57 PM
    I feel like this post was written by Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

On another note, I received a sample/demo from RIM and was never able to get it to pair with my PlayBook. I haven't tried since OS 2.1 came out... I wonder if that will fix whatever issue there was.
    10-26-12 02:19 PM
    I don't mind the keyboard, but it has shortcomings. No autocorrect is the worst for me. After using the virtual PB keyboard, it's easy to forget to capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Mine also double taps lots of letters. EVERYTHING I type using the Mini Keyboard must be proofed for errors.
    On the positive side, the keyboard eliminates the need to touch the screen, so no smudgy screen. Also, the battery life is very good as is the Bluetooth connectivity. The mousepad is very responsive with zero delay.
    The positives outway the negatives, so I do like my keyboard.
    10-26-12 03:03 PM
    Here's a positive.. I received mine around September 2 and fully charged it on that day. I still have not had to charge it a second time!! That's amazing!
    jafobabe likes this.
    10-26-12 03:52 PM
    I bit the bullet and bought one. It adds more weight and size than i thought it would, and it really makes using the PB as a touch tablet cumbersome when its attached, I almost feel like i have to pull it out of its case to use the tablet on its own. I also find the keyboard too small to use comfortably, albeit I have big hands. The track pad is really useful and supported features in apps like splashtop work. The fit and finish is really good, feels like a legit OEM product and as others have stated, it connects without issue and the battery life is excellent.

So would I buy it again? Answer - No. Try as I might i can't get used to the size of the keyboard and have had limited luck typing on it properly. I haven't used it in months, been sitting in the drawer, so I guess that is the best answer to the question for me.
    10-26-12 07:12 PM
    Try as I might i can't get used to the size of the keyboard and have had limited luck typing on it properly. I haven't used it in months, been sitting in the drawer, so I guess that is the best answer to the question for me.
    Haha I'll buy yours then!
    10-27-12 11:19 AM
    I bit the bullet and bought one. It adds more weight and size than i thought it would, and it really makes using the PB as a touch tablet cumbersome when its attached, I almost feel like i have to pull it out of its case to use the tablet on its own.
    The bulk and weight of a Bluetooth keyboard and case is not significant although I use two BlackBerry PlayBooks (one with Hip Street BlackBerry Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard; one with Hip Street Blackberry PlayBook Executive Leather Case). When I know I will not be typing much I carry the second tablet and for those times when a keyboard is likely to be necessary I carry the first tablet. In an academic environment a physical keyboard enhances the tablet's functionality; I expect most Bachelor of Arts undergraduates and LLB/JD law students could benefit from this tablet. I really never understood the reason Research In Motion did not partner with one of the law schools in the Maritimes and provide law students with a heavily subsidized BlackBerry PlayBook with BlueTooth keyboard and mouse included with their tuition and get the professors and lecturers on-board.
    10-27-12 09:33 PM
    I'm in the 'it's ok camp'. It takes a bit of getting used to, due to the size and the chicklet keys (man, I hate chicklet keys ... hate that Apple, RIM and others brought them back from the cess-pool of early 1980s computing) but it works with some practice. I took three days of notes on it.
    10-27-12 10:24 PM
    I'm in the 'it's ok camp'. It takes a bit of getting used to, due to the size and the chicklet keys (man, I hate chicklet keys ... hate that Apple, RIM and others brought them back from the cess-pool of early 1980s computing) but it works with some practice. I took three days of notes on it.
    Chiclet keys are used on notebook computers and increasingly on full-size desktop keyboards. I miss the excellent keyboard of my antique IBM ThinkPad 755CE - I still have the weighty beast stored in a closet. But nothing beats the IBM Model M keyboard. Oh, memories of a bygone era when computing was a daily adventure.
    10-27-12 11:25 PM
    I have it works. It's expensive luckily I won a CrackBerry.com contest yay! But I will say in the case it's quite abit thicker and makes it unpleasant to carry. I'd say I'm in the "its adequate" camp. But I can't imagine another to be better.
    10-27-12 11:34 PM
    Didn't IBM come up with an IBM mini or runt or something like that with a chicklet keyboard and get totally derided?
    10-27-12 11:55 PM
    PC Jr. IBM PCjr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate this chicklet keyboard on my iMac .... even 4 years later.
    10-28-12 08:51 AM
    Marauder2: I own one so I can tell you from experience it works well. It adds some girth to the PB and more than doubles the weight - the weight surprised me. In essence, its a keyboard and case all in one - so its adds to the thickness and weight of both. Is it worth the money? If it were a bit more streamlined I would say "yes" but because of its size and weight its questionable. If you don't mind overpaying then go for it. Otherwise, there are many alternative bluetooth keyboards that cost $20 on Amazon. It does work well though.
    03-21-13 08:44 PM
40 12