I have had a 16Gb playbook from the beginning and still use it every day. I appreciate that I am a member of a very small global group but I love my playbook. Yes I was also a little disappointed that we got no news from Orlando. But now to the real purpose of this post. My daughter wants a Playbook and Mini keyboard for her Birthday in June. (makes you proud) However the Mini Keyboard is no longer listed on Crackberry, so no problem I can get it from Blackberry Yes!!!!. Well actually No!!!!! the link on the mini keyboard on BB site no longer works. Now I would love to get my Daughter what she wants for her Birthday. But is this now a dead unsupported product, that is waiting for the announcement. Don't understand the Mini Keyboard is a big seller when in stock, and there are reports from the UK that it's also unavailable there too. BB just announce the truth. I will always be a BB junkie, but would love to know and not spend extra money if this product is dead.
    Last edited by jimread1949; 05-18-13 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-18-13 08:38 AM
    I have had a 16Gb playbook from the beginning and still use it every day. I appreciate that I am a member of a very small global group but I love my playbook. Yes I was also a little disappointed that we got no news from Orlando. But now to the real purpose of this post. My daughter wants a Playbook and Mini keyboard for her Birthday in June. (makes you proud) However the Mini Keyboard is no longer listed on Crackberry, so no problem I can get it from Blackberry Yes!!!!. Well actually No!!!!! the link on the mini keyboard on BB site no longer works. Now I would love to get my Daughter what she wants for her Birthday. But is this now a dead unsupported product, that is waiting for the announcement. Don't understand the Mini Keyboard is a big seller when in stock, and there are reports from the UK that it's also unavailable there too. BB just announce the truth. I will always be a BB junkie, but would love to know and not spend extra money if this product is dead.
    where are you located??? there may be mini-keyboards available @ amazon.ca, (canada),,, Wireless Keyboard Qwerty: Amazon.ca: Electronics ,,, me and another member here got ones from them for $70/us,,, thing is now he wants $129,,, the only other 1 i've seen was on ebay & that creature wants $300!!! we've been having a long discussion about this here---> http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...xtinct-774976/
    05-18-13 09:30 AM
    p.s. there are some cheesy ones out there, but i wouldn't recommend them,,, also here are some decently priced playbooks... Amazon.com: blackberry playbook
    05-18-13 09:32 AM
    Thanks SEAWARRIOR, I am in Florida, saw one on ebay $300. Don't think so. will get her a new playbook, can't understand why a accessory that apparently flies of the shelves isn't being supported. BB and CB do need to come clean on this. CB is a retail outlet for this they must know something.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-18-13 10:52 AM
    I got one when they first came out. I don't use it as much today because the school work I'm doing is mostly mathematical, but in the past year it has served me well big time with office files, mostly Word. Anyway, I don't have anything to offer on why it isn't available.. I guess if it was really making them money, they would keep selling it. Sure, it flies off the shelves, but maybe at the quantity it is sold, the cost of production is just too high, and so their margins aren't as profitable as they would like them to be on these mini keyboard cases. Sadly, someone probably will buy that $300 keyboard case from that guy on ebay eventually, because the demand is there albeit small, with supply the is no where close to satisfying it. I wish you good luck in finding one .
    05-18-13 11:03 AM
    Thanks SEAWARRIOR, I am in Florida, saw one on ebay $300. Don't think so. will get her a new playbook, can't understand why a accessory that apparently flies of the shelves isn't being supported. BB and CB do need to come clean on this. CB is a retail outlet for this they must know something.
    they do, but are clammed up,,, speculation is playbook, & everything associated w/ it is a 4 letter word, or something akin the the Harry Potter character "he who shall not be named",,, keep your eye on that guy in Canada, see if his price comes down or even send him a message telling him my price & that i recommended him to you & see if he'll work w/ you,,, my price included shipping & arrived in abt a week,,, there's a BUNCH of playbook chatter here these days regarding the committment to update/upgrade pb's to BB10, or the lack of it or its' mention,,, both BB & CB are getting slammed for it,,, 'gratz regarding your daughters' tablet choice,,, i'm sure she'll love it & you for getting it for her...
    05-18-13 11:13 AM
    I got one when they first came out. I don't use it as much today because the school work I'm doing is mostly mathematical, but in the past year it has served me well big time with office files, mostly Word. Anyway, I don't have anything to offer on why it isn't available.. I guess if it was really making them money, they would keep selling it. Sure, it flies off the shelves, but maybe at the quantity it is sold, the cost of production is just too high, and so their margins aren't as profitable as they would like them to be on these mini keyboard cases. Sadly, someone probably will buy that $300 keyboard case from that guy on ebay eventually, because the demand is there albeit small, with supply the is no where close to satisfying it. I wish you good luck in finding one .
    it's been sitting there for a over a month collecting internet dust...
    05-18-13 11:15 AM
    I think that there are quirks in its working/implementation that may have made rim/bbry rethink the device. But, as observed, no official pronouncements (as usual). (I, too, started a thread about a week or so ago on this issue, asking that CB officialdom inquire). I believe there are issues when attempting to scroll in certain apps and it was hard to control movements in games, say if the pb was hooked to a tv for large screen use. Its rectangular chicklet key arrangement was not a favorite arrangement and some folks found it no more comfortable or easy to type on then the GLASS surface.

Also, and this is pure speculation on my part, with Thor's new emphasis on MOBILE platforms with the phone as a base, I can see them developing a more full-fledged keyboard to work with a bbphone, dumb-screen arrangement.
    05-18-13 11:20 AM
    It's a real shame, but it appears that the lack of honesty was one of the old RIM policies that survived the change in leadership. I really am BB to the core and if you tell me. Hey we are stopping selling the Playbook keyboard, o.k. I will be disappointed, but not a real problem. If you tell me Hey OS10 it's not going to come to the Playbook, o.k. I will be disappointed, but at least I know, so again no problem really. However no news or untrue news. Now we do have a problem, because you are saying to me that as a loyal customer I am not important. That really is a mistake. So all I can suggest to the powers that be in both BB and CB is that you tell us the truth. This actually applies more so to CB, you are supposed to keep us informed on matters BB. Not keep BB's secrets from us. Remember guys, we are the base for your wages being paid.
    FF22, SEAWARRIOR and chaosdivine like this.
    05-18-13 11:55 AM
    Hi. I got the Bluetooth keyboard The Source sells. Think it is about 85% the size of a regular keyboard and it's the same shape, too. I did not like the BlackBerry keyboard with its keys directly above each other, not staggered. The keyboard from The Source works well, at least for me, and I got it on sale for $20.!
    05-18-13 12:03 PM
    it's been sitting there for a over a month collecting internet dust...
    That's even worse.. it means levels of demand are even lower than I assumed! This raises red flags. No wonder they don't produce any more.

Sure, maybe it's double the price of a playbook, but the case itself at msrp is equivalent to the price of the playbook itself.. which is not good and hints at the impact production costs has on all of this.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:10 PM
    Hi. I got the Bluetooth keyboard The Source sells. Think it is about 85% the size of a regular keyboard and it's the same shape, too. I did not like the BlackBerry keyboard with its keys directly above each other, not staggered. The keyboard from The Source works well, at least for me, and I got it on sale for $20.!
    Yeah but does it come with a track pad? What about a nice convertible case adapted for the keyboard? For keyboard purposes alone it probably my works great, I just think the OP is in market for a different experience.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:15 PM
    Just found this one on Ebay
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook Mini Keyboard Has vanished-img_00000148.jpg  
    05-18-13 01:18 PM
    If physical assault was not a criminal offence I would be inclined to stone Thorsten and his merry band of executives.

The BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini Keyboard, BlackBerry smartphone prior to BlackBerry OS 10, and BlackBerry Bridge was the best ambassador for Thorsten's vision of a mobile computing platform. Unfortunately, under his stewardship we have been left with a lesser experience.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-18-13 09:43 PM
    If physical assault was not a criminal offence I would be inclined to stone Thorsten and his merry band of executives.

The BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini Keyboard, BlackBerry smartphone prior to BlackBerry OS 10, and BlackBerry Bridge was the best ambassador for Thorsten's vision of a mobile computing platform. Unfortunately, under his stewardship we have been left with a lesser experience.

I don't know about you but I definitely don't regard my Z10 compared to my playbook a "lesser" experience.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-18-13 11:24 PM
    Keep watching ebay. One month ago I got an BlackBerry mini keyboard with a 16gb PlayBook for 150!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:27 AM
    I don't know about you but I definitely don't regard my Z10 compared to my playbook a "lesser" experience.

Posted via CB10
    When BlackBerry Bridge functionality for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Z10 is a mere shadow of its former self we indeed have been given a lesser experience. The BlackBerry Z10 is nice but I require my smartphone and tablet to be able to integrate completely as was the experience with BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 9700.

FF22 and KDB84 like this.
    05-20-13 06:43 PM
    When BlackBerry Bridge functionality for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Z10 is a mere shadow of its former self we indeed have been given a lesser experience. The BlackBerry Z10 is nice but I require my smartphone and tablet to be able to integrate completely as was the experience with BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 9700.

Personally in didn't use the bridge function that much other than for Internet bridge when I was on 7.1. Every use case is different so I'm just stating my experience.
    With the Z10, email, calendar, and contacts show up just like they do on the playbook, so bridge doesn't matter for me there. Memos sync through evernote, and that app is available on the playbook. What else I'm trying to remember what other functionality there existed.. all I can think of was bbm, and my personal opinion was that the bridge bbm experience pretty much sucked, and was only used if it was your only option in the case your phone was further away. Let me know if I forgot anything.

For me the internet bridge function is still the best feature, and that's available. Personally I don't see much use for bridge functionality with the Z10. It has the remote feature which is also good. That was the second best feature for sure and I'm sure it was widely used. I haven't tried opening pics on the playbook using the open on feature, but I know that functionality exists through the browser.

PlayBook bridge is best with a bb7 phone. Other than that I just find it obsolete, especially if one uses cloud based PIM. Sure, maybe if you're on BES or something and you can only get emails specifically though your Z10, I can see a use for bridge email. In and of itself the bridge function is great because it's connected without actually having any data on the tablet.
    I'm kind of praising bridge at the same time while I'm stating its heightened insignificance with BlackBerry 10.

In conclusion, they I think a reason there may not be better bridge for BlackBerry 10 is that they didn't spend the time to lay out all the piping. Obviously their resources are fairly used, and they might have been planning to release BlackBerry 10 for playbook at some point, which is why they may have only made its core features functional. We have no idea what their plan was, or what it currently is, especially now that we don't know if BlackBerry 10 for pb is coming or not. They may have had good intentions, and they may still have them. We clearly don't know enough in that area. Maybe they found it wasn't as useful since everything on the z10 can be accessed from the playbook through the cloud, for probably the majority of users.

Who knows, but we do know that the Z10's independence on bridge is so much less than on bbos. I think most people are happy with the bridge functionality between the two devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:21 PM
    I know of a place that has at least 6 of them left selling at around 80.00 per unit, nope I ain't telling ya where as I want a few of them to make a profit on....
    05-21-13 07:14 AM
    Jimread, I have a used one that I never use and I believe I still have the box for it as well. Send me a PM and we can talk about it more. I will send you some pics and we can talk about a listing on ebay for a secure transaction if you are interested.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:18 AM
    I know of a place that has at least 6 of them left selling at around 80.00 per unit, nope I ain't telling ya where as I want a few of them to make a profit on....
    Thats nice.. why mention it at all then? You like the attention? You brought nothing but negativity with that post for someone who's simply trying to make his daughter happy with a birthday gift. How rude. Should have just kept your "business" to yourself, because nobody cares and it's not anyone's business quite frankly.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and El Bori like this.
    05-21-13 10:00 AM

Darn! Thought I had found one for you on Kijiji, but it's gone. Hope you have good luck in finding one.
    05-22-13 01:17 PM
    Pity, I had an extra could have sold you it, had I known. Already gave to a friend. The Playbook keyboard is a very good product whereas
    the non-blackberry ones are not. It has right mouse ability.
    dphjeff likes this.
    05-27-13 02:20 PM
    I have one I'll let go. I like it but I think you'll use it more. Maybe.....$100cnd +ship. anyway. If it's that tough you can contact me. Pin. 2668c7f8

Posted via CB10
    geogejost likes this.
    05-27-13 11:50 PM
    Walmart where I live have 8 in stock. For $79 I am waiting for them to hit the clearance bin. Hard to sell them with no playbooks..
    geogejost likes this.
    05-28-13 12:29 AM
33 12