Hi,

I really like the mini keyboard except for the way to enter accented caracters, it doesn"t seems to work like it should. For exemple pressing one at the time Alt + , + c give me ,� then I have to go back and remove the extra comma in front of the �. Very annoying.

Does anybody got the accents and symbols key sequence working like they should ?

Thanks

Pierre
    04-07-12 02:50 PM
    Same here... I noticed your other post on official Blackberry forum, with no decent answer. Seems like it's not their top priority.

I noticed this bug does not happen when writing on Doc to Go, and when writing an email Object field (though in the message field, it's there). That makes me think the problem is on the Playbook side, though I'm sure they could patch something up on the mini-keyboard as well.

Most of the time, I just write my emails in Doc to Go because of that, and cut and paste it in the email app, but otherwise it's quite frustrating. Hopefully we'll see something in OS 2.1 .
    06-06-12 03:01 PM
    I agree with Pierre and I have the same issues.

The Bluetooth Playbook external keyboard don't type the accent properly and the latest os release 2.1.0.1088 don't correct it.
    The special character set key to make the accent is duplicate when trying a letter with an accent . There are 2 examples:
    if you want � you have to type the Alt key and ' and the letter e and it give '� not �
    same thing for � it give `� not �.

This is very annoying for french writing and make the external keyboard useless. I'm thinking to buy another keyboard....
    11-16-12 08:13 PM
    Well, at least it gives you accented characters. Apple's keyboard won't do even that. This is a simples issue, though, as it's hardly hardware-related. Let's hope RIM pays more attention on that issue after BB10 comes to light.
    01-01-13 05:29 PM
    Did anybody solved the issue? I have an external keyboard but i cannot use it to print accent marks to vowels, making it almost unusable.
    06-25-14 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD