hi..I am having issues with plugging in microusb plug for charging. After close observation.. the middle flop inside microusb connector is moving and some its slightly bent .. so wallcharger microusb plug doesn't fit. I think it needs replacement soon.

Now the question is .. has anybody tried this? Is soldering a new microusb female connector to motherboard a DIY task? I appreciate your help.
    08-31-12 01:31 AM
    If you still have a warranty, rim might repair it. Yes, that "shelf" should be level. Plugging in the micro-usb upside down can force it out of alignment. It is not hard to do since the port on the pb is somewhat squarish rather than the shape of the actual micro plug.

There are dissection videos on youtube somewhere.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    08-31-12 01:51 AM
    I don't think I have warranty anymore.. my main concern is.. soldering part, if the pins are too small to solder, do I need special equipment etc.
    08-31-12 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD