The rapid charger and the dock both use the same connection. I just started having this false charging issue with the rapid charger. It would be the right most pin if the wire was going to the right. The Two left pins are flush with the top and the right pin is down about a mm. I may shave off some plastic.
    Good luck with that! :-) Though it doesn't look like it at first glance, the housing around the pins is actually metal, with a soft plastic "sleeve" slid over part of it.

You could probably file it down some though. I hadn't consider that yet. Less than a millimetre should be adequate, if you want to try.

Peter, any thoughts on that alarm for guru? You said you fixed the dock with solder? I missed that thread. Just a bit on the pin or did you disassemble the dock?
    I disassembled it and basically melted the solder on that one pin while pushing it up into the position it should have been in. The flaws are readily apparent when you open it up and look at it from the side, both in terms of the design flaw of the connector itself, and the build flaw that makes so many of them borderline or defective.

I haven't had time lately to work on the app, but things are looking up for me to get a bit of time to work on it in the next couple of weeks, unless Cascades becomes available during that time in which case I'll likely put a large amount of time into it, then migrate the code from AIR if I'm happy with how the framework behaves.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-13-12 05:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD