Got a new micro hdmi cable to plug into playbook and it worked first time now it doesn't anymore. Looking at the port itself I can see that 3 of the pins on the right side of the port have lifted up slightly and the port appears to be the problem. What are my options here? Can I repair it myself somehow or can I have RIM repair it for me seeing as how the tablet is less than a month old?
    12-18-12 07:47 PM
    Why would you take the chance of fixing it yourself, you may void your one year warranty. Less than a month old ... I would think the retailer would swap you out a new one??
    12-18-12 08:11 PM
    Got it from Staples and it says 14 day return but it's been more then that. Got it on Black Friday.
    12-18-12 08:28 PM
    I'd also consider returning it. Although BENT PINS might be considered user caused damaged.

Both the usb and hdmi ports can unintentially invite cables to be inserted upsidedown.

Good luck
    12-18-12 08:32 PM
    Bought five at the same time as you. Had a problem with one hdmi, sent to rim, actually had them send me one first then I sent the other back. Once they confirmed it was a warranty issue that was it I kept the new one they sent. That was it. RIM paid all shipping. it was a painless process. Plus the playbook I sent them had a weaker battery health reading than the one they sent me. An extra bonus
    12-18-12 09:24 PM
    How do I go about doing this? Sending to them and them sending etc? I've never had to do something like this.
    12-18-12 09:31 PM
    I believe for an exchange type rma, you need to provide credit card info so that if you do not send back the "defective" unit, they bill you FULL price.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-18-12 11:01 PM
    My Hdmi port screwed up yesterday as well .had my playbook for about 10 months,contacted rim customer support told me it's not covered under warranty.They said send it in and they will give me a quote on fixing it kind off sucks cause had the issue with the hdmi port not working for a while had to keep wiggling it it work,well I finally broke it from all the wiggling they didn't seem to care that it didn't work properly from the beginning.Guess i'm in the hook for repairing it
    12-19-12 08:37 AM
    How do I go about doing this? Sending to them and them sending etc? I've never had to do something like this.
    Use the numbers F2 posted. When you call be near a computer or some way to get and send email. They will send you a box to ship it to them no charge. You should get it back in a few days. If you don't believe you broke it then just tell them it doesn't work. No need to go into details. Before you use that cable again you might want to check it for damage.
    12-19-12 08:50 AM
    well I finally broke it from all the wiggling they didn't seem to care
    Try using a cable that fits the port better next time. There is no quality control in the manufacture of these cables.
    12-19-12 08:56 AM
    Try using a cable that fits the port better next time. There is no quality control in the manufacture of these cables.
    Thought I was got it from monoprice.
    12-19-12 10:32 AM
    It's not you or the pins, they installed a defective driver with the last update, don't break your machine, it's not you or anything you did.
    05-17-13 03:51 PM
    Hi!
    Same problem than you; Did you find a way to repair it ?
    I would like to change my PB's micro hdmi port, but don't know where to buy the piece, nor how to change it
    02-23-14 05:26 PM
    My Hdmi port screwed up yesterday as well .had my playbook for about 10 months,contacted rim customer support told me it's not covered under warranty.They said send it in and they will give me a quote on fixing it kind off sucks cause had the issue with the hdmi port not working for a while had to keep wiggling it it work,well I finally broke it from all the wiggling they didn't seem to care that it didn't work properly from the beginning.Guess i'm in the hook for repairing it
    Hi!
    Same problem than you; Did you find a way to repair it ?
    I would like to change my PB's micro hdmi port, but don't know where to buy the piece, nor how to change it
    02-23-14 05:27 PM
    It's not you or the pins, they installed a defective driver with the last update, don't break your machine, it's not you or anything you did.
    Hi ! Do we have any news about that ?
    I downgraded my PB to OS 2.1.0.1282, tried a new hdmi cable, with 2 different TVs, tried to reboot the PB and the TV. Nothing solved my problem: the TV recognizes the playbook connected via hdmi, but still doesn't display what's on my playbook. The TV says "impossible to display this video format"
    02-23-14 05:31 PM