It's been going on for a couple month now, but i finally got off my !3utt and decided to ask here in the forum.

If I Open Message/E-mail too quickly, before wifi actually gets connected or if i open Messages with wifi turned off. The playbook'll have this "unable to connect to server. Please try again later." Which i did quite often, forgetting i don't have wifi turned on.

After that, with wifi connected, it'll always show the please try again later message. E-mail just stops working. I've tried closing messages and reopening it. Disconnecting wifi and reconnect. The only thing that seem to solve the problem is restarting the playbook, which is another gruesome 5 minutes of wait time.

Does anyone have this problem? I know resintalling the OS will probably solve the issue. But with this many apps installed on the PB, i don't really wanna do the whole reset and reinstall thing again.

Thank you for helping

On a side note, when the playbook goes into standby with wifi turned on, does yours drain battery like crazy? I noticed it gets very hot and battery runs out in a few hours.
    09-06-12 10:09 PM
    what version of os do you have..

joe
    09-06-12 10:38 PM
    Os 2.0.1.358
    09-06-12 11:26 PM
    To refresh, put your finger on one of the messages below "All Accounts", pull down and then release.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 09-07-12 at 05:05 AM.
    09-07-12 05:01 AM
    Nothing shows up in the message window anymore. The green circle that goes round and round don't move. And there is only the please try again later sentence. With pure blank below that, well except the stuck green circle.

Everytime i forgot to connect to wifi and use message this happens~~
    09-07-12 12:57 PM
    I get the same on the 2.1 beta... it seems to happen on all versions i've had --although a reboot fixes it.

Haven't found any solution for it. Also, I have the exchange server bug as well...when i send an email from exchange account, it marks it with an X even though it sends the email...continues sending the email unless I delete it.

A few annoying bugs that should have been fixed long ago....
    09-07-12 02:20 PM
    I'm having the same "spinning green circle" problem with both Exchange and POP3 (Verizon.net) emails. In my case, it seems to be related to images, but no settings were changed (images are still enabled). It eventually clears, and I've found that moving to another message and then coming back sometimes helps. I'm also on the Beta, but it's been fine until the last couple of days.
    09-07-12 03:08 PM
    I get the same on the 2.1 beta... it seems to happen on all versions i've had --although a reboot fixes it.

Haven't found any solution for it. Also, I have the exchange server bug as well...when i send an email from exchange account, it marks it with an X even though it sends the email...continues sending the email unless I delete it.

A few annoying bugs that should have been fixed long ago....
    Thanks for clearing that up, glad i'm not the only person with the issue. Reboot is fine and all if its fast like a smartphone, but heck playbook takes 3 to 4 minutes T.T
    09-08-12 04:59 PM
    Same issues I too face...ie when I open up Email, it says No Messages....but of course there are lots...and I now know to simply reboot the PB, wait those 5 mins...restart Email... And yup then they come in...

Is there a "cure" for this issue?
    09-09-12 09:44 AM
    Well, before rebooting, you might as well try turning off wifi on your PB and then turning it back on. It only takes a couple of seconds. I find that when my PB goes to sleep for a time, when it wakes up it sometimes loses its internet connection even though it is showing that it's still connected to wifi. Turning wifi off and then on reestablishes my internet connection.
    09-09-12 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD