alright everyone.. i browsed the entire forum and saw a lot of things but nothing stands out. any awesome setups here?
    the problem is that i can't get control from the playbook via usb.. playbook only send audio via headphone jack, correct? yes.
    so here it is. i have a 06 murano w/ bose and factory nav. idealy, i'd like to control the media player w/ the stereo controls on stereo and steering wheel.. looks like i can only do that w/ an ipod adapter that harnesses into my SAT option of the stereo. sounds nice.. except, i dont have an ipod i want to use my BB for it. so i'm looking for an easy way to attach my playbook and get audio and charge with a clean setup. i'm ok w/ the factory media player, or i'll use that music player w/ themes like in the PPG's car.
    what are some of your setups? anyone?

thanks in advance,
    05-24-13 03:14 PM
    Transfer the audio via Bluetooth.
    05-24-13 04:20 PM
    They sell a Music Gateway that uses bluetooth. But the current model needs ac power (or maybe you can bypass the wall-wart?)
    05-24-13 05:00 PM
    OP, does your car stereo have a bluetooth connection? If so you can pair with your phone or playbook and still have the option of control over track selection etc. from your steering wheel controls.
    05-24-13 05:33 PM
    No bluetooth, unfortunately... i can probably get an adapter... i thought I can only get audio through the headphones port...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:11 PM
    No bluetooth, unfortunately... i can probably get an adapter... i thought I can only get audio through the headphones port...

Posted via CB10
    I think you're misunderstanding what is being suggested. Bluetooth will be available with the BlackBerry Music Gateway plugged into your aux port on your stereo if you have one - it's all it does is act as a Bluetooth receiver to interface with/from your Bluetooth enabled PlayBook as it "streams" the music from the tablet to the Gateway "puck". The current Gateway needs to be plugged in somehow to get power (which is a limitation of the current design in my opinion - it's not battery powered). So that means, some kind of cigarette power adapter will be required that can interface with a standard microUSB cable.

Anyhow, I'd suggest researching this via YouTube and you can see what it does and how it works first. They are currently available on Crackberry.com's webstore for $49.99.

Turn down your speakers first:
    05-24-13 11:19 PM
    They I don't understand why bother with this gateway?? Why not just plug the 3.5mm into the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:09 PM
    I think you're misunderstanding what is being suggested. Bluetooth will be available with the BlackBerry Music Gateway plugged into your aux port on your stereo if you have one - it's all it does is act as a Bluetooth receiver to interface with/from your Bluetooth enabled PlayBook as it "streams" the music from the tablet to the Gateway "puck". The current Gateway needs to be plugged in somehow to get power (which is a limitation of the current design in my opinion - it's not battery powered). So that means, some kind of cigarette power adapter will be required that can interface with a standard microUSB cable.

Anyhow, I'd suggest researching this via YouTube and you can see what it does and how it works first. They are currently available on Crackberry.com's webstore for $49.99.

Turn down your speakers first:
    Excellent suggestion

I have this setup in my car and it works well. My system is totally stand alone though so i had an easier time...Here's how my system is laid out

- PlayBook, or 9900, my car has been down for refinishing the interior, so i have yet to connect my z10. Bottom line is I use my bluetooth capable mobile devices.

- BlackBerry stereo gateway, i added a dedicated and hidden car charger port that is always on, the gateway seems to not draw much power, especially when music isn't being played. I use a mini usb car charger to power the gateway. When I walk over to my car, my phone connects when as soon as I'm in range. I usually begin to select my music before I'm even in the car.

- from the stereo gateway 3.5 mm jack I use a male to male 3.5mm stereo cable, to a line driver which boosts the output signal and splits it from 2 to 4 channels.

- from there I run a larger r a cable to a 4 channel infinity amp, and from the amp pass through I run another cable to a mono amp for subwoofers.

The benefits are as listed above PLUS:
    All 16gb of music on my sd plus whatever is on device memory is available
    No expensive head unit for anyone to steal
    I control volume and music from my lap, so passengers can't just reach over and mess with the tunes
    AAANNNDDD I control volume and music selection from my lap, wanna skip songs? Easy press and hold volume up, start the song over press and hold vol down etc etc

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:29 PM
    Check your glove box for a 3.5mm auxiliary input jack. Some cars tend to hide them in there. My sisters VW Jetta is like that. She runs a 3.5mm male to male cable from the glove box to her playbook or BB phone.

She can't control the device from the steering wheel but her phone or playbook is mounted close enough she can just reach over to change the song and control the volume from the stereo.
    05-26-13 08:50 AM