Is the 4G playbook that much faster than the regular? I have a 64 gb regular pb and it's running properly but when it comes to surfing the Web I would like a faster experience is the LTE worth purchasing for that reason?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:18 PM
    It should be somewhat faster, given the faster processor. People have had good experiences with it: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ersion-857340/

Although, finding a LTE PlayBook for a reasonable price is a challenge in and of itself. And the LTE is wasted if one isn't on a GSM carrier.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-29-14 02:27 PM
    Have heard it is pleasantly "snappier"
    No huge difference, just better.
    07-07-14 09:55 PM
    As featured on PlayBook UK, a bulk shipment (over 70 already sold) of brand new 4g LTE PlayBooks has arrived in the UK and are being sold on EBAY UK for an incredible bargain of 85.99 including P&P (Note in the UK a 4g sim will drop to 3g as the UK uses a different 4g frequency 800/1800 instead of 700/1700. Bridge will still work and WIFI also (including Hotspot to your 4g UK BB10 phone.

This from the original PlayBook 4g review from CrackBerry covers your questions I think

To say the difference is overwhelming wouldn't be accurate but side-by-side there is a difference. Apps install faster, the 4G LTE PlayBook reboots faster, the browser renders pages faster,everything is just slightly a bit faster.

The problem with saying that though is that different people have different needs. Not everyone cares if an app opens up 3 seconds faster. Not everyone cares if the web pages load 3 seconds faster. Not everyone cares if they have to wait a minute longer for their device to reboot. Heck, some people may not even notice it happening unless it was directly pointed out to them. The change is notable, not significant.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    07-08-14 03:08 AM
    Note in the UK a 4g sim will drop to 3g as the UK uses a different 4g frequency 800/1800 instead of 700/1700.
    A slight correction to Playbook UK's post on 4G frequencies in the UK, the UK also uses the 2.6 GHz band for 4G. In fact it was the 800 MHz and 2.6 GHz bands that were auctioned by Ofcom for 4G use. EE however obtained permission to reuse some of it's 1800 MHz spectrum (used for 2G) for 4G to enable it to launch it's 4G services before the other major operators. Of course, this is of no help to Playbook 4G LTE owners, as they still can't use any of the UK's 4G spectrum.
    07-08-14 08:11 AM
    A slight correction to Playbook UK's post on 4G frequencies in the UK, the UK also uses the 2.6 GHz band for 4G. In fact it was the 800 MHz and 2.6 GHz bands that were auctioned by Ofcom for 4G use. EE however obtained permission to reuse some of it's 1800 MHz spectrum (used for 2G) for 4G to enable it to launch it's 4G services before the other major operators. Of course, this is of no help to Playbook 4G LTE owners, as they still can't use any of the UK's 4G spectrum.
    Just as a matter of curiosity, presumably in terms of most real world use, when not on wifi, it'd probably be quicker using a standard PlayBook tethered to a 4G phone in effect?
    07-08-14 02:59 PM
    I find the 4g PlayBook generally faster. The battery does not seem to last as long as the wifi version. But it does hold the Blackberry Bridge connection better. Unfortunately I've had problems with mine. It refused to accept the sim card after a while. An update fixed that but now the screens gone all fuzzy and BB support are giving me a really hard time. So I'm relying on my wifi PB these days.
    07-08-14 06:17 PM
    Just as a matter of curiosity, presumably in terms of most real world use, when not on wifi, it'd probably be quicker using a standard PlayBook tethered to a 4G phone in effect?
    In a nutshell, yes.
    Banco likes this.
    07-09-14 02:41 AM