Does anyone think it is worth waiting for a LTE Playbook? I'm trying to find a 64GB WiFi unit...
    02-04-13 02:38 PM
    if you also have a BB phone with a data plan, then probably not, as you can tether your PlayBook and phone together and use your existing dataplan for both.
    if you don't have a BB phone, then possibly, but there are numerous other tablets that would also meet your requirements, you just need to try a few and see what works best for you.
    personally, I have a 64 g PlayBook and a BB curve which work brilliantly together - the bridge function is just brilliant - if you don't have a BB phone, then the PlayBook is still a great 7" tablet, but as I said earlier, you should try some of the other "brands" just so you are ultimately happy with your eventual choice - afterall, its your money!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-04-13 03:06 PM
    I myself could never understand the reason why you would need a LTE tablet. As mentioned, you can tether to a blackberry, but from what i understand, but have never done, you can tether to any bluetooth phone that is capable of tethering. OR if you have a phone that can create a wifi hot spot you're golden as well.

I personally do not see the need for a LTE tablet unless you had nothing else or had a basic phone ....like really basic.

Just my opinion...plus i dont want to deal with multiple plans or shared plans etc.

I actually would like to hear the opposite opinion though.
    02-04-13 03:15 PM
    I have two a 16g and 64g wifi version and they work great with the Bold 9930, but it's a matter of preference, I'm kinda hoping there gonna come out with a new tablet .
    yamahammer likes this.
    02-04-13 03:27 PM
    I just bought online a wifi 64go version, i am waiting for it

I own a galaxy S3 who can act like a wifi hot spot, so no use having an LTE playbook for me, and i don't want to have another data plan.
    As said here, LTE tablets may be for people who don't have smartphones

The only interest in it is that the LTE has a better processor, I'm not sur it makes big difference as qnx seems to be very well optimised ( no experience with it though )

Envoy depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
    02-04-13 03:29 PM
    I had a 64 and jumped on an LTE the minute it came out and haven't looked back once. I understand why people don't/can't/won't move to an LTE tab but for me, that little extra freedom of not worrying about the slower speeds of a handset relaying the data to the PB is enough for me to have seperate units..........yes, it's noticeably faster.
    Sure, I'll have a Z10 tomorrow which has LTE but a stand alone antenna is just to much for me to pass by. I liken it to the old onboard video vs video card debate. There really is no debate.

Beside all of that. I'm an investor, and supporting "my" company is paramount for me.

As for cost. I have a 9900 (Z10 tomorrow), an LTE PB and also an LTE air hub and all 3 only cost 96 bucks on Rogers. That's the nice thing about shared plans.

I'd say got for it, but then again......I'm a gotta have it guy.
    02-04-13 07:36 PM
    Wow - all these replies in less than an hour - I just got back... I really appreciate this!

So is see the advantages appear to favour the WiFi for me so far... (I have a 9800 Torch) --- And the available Rogers plan prices out at over $50 precious bucks...

I think I'm going to like this sandbox...
    02-04-13 09:05 PM
    And to the General; BB10 is down the road. I may follow your trail if I get really frustrated, but my usage is quite modest...

By the way, I'm going to toss a perfectly good Nexus 7, I'm afraid I Google is just not my style.

Thanks!
    02-04-13 09:08 PM
    I have a LTE 32gb version and a 5gb shared plan with my samsung galaxy s3, so i only paid 4.00 more for it, plus unlimited nationwide calling and incoming as well so i can call anyone in canada and they can call me and cost me no extra now, plus i got unlimited international texting and and unlimited canada textimg and more all for 4.00 more could not pass that up.

Yeah sure i could tether to my samsung or shall i say use hotspot option, but ya know it is a pain to have both out infront of you or say when your out and about or signal loss can be a pain to reconnect again, but with my PB having its own sim, no worries of me having signal loss or what have you.

Plus just think if your smartphone died then what ya going to do? Buy another so u can hotspot again? Ah more money and more, so get a LTE version for future need if u need it of course.

I am usually on wifi like i am now.
    02-04-13 09:39 PM
    More to think about! And all good points... thanks!
    02-04-13 09:53 PM
    Does anyone think it is worth waiting for a LTE Playbook? I'm trying to find a 64GB WiFi unit...
    amazon is a good place to look for 64giggers if you're in the U.S.,,, run ya about $200-$220...
    02-04-13 10:42 PM