On my 16gb PlayBook I don't have a single music or movie file on the device, and yet I only have 650 MB of storage space free. When I plug it in to enable mass storage and check in the folders, most of them are empty.. where are all these GBs going? Anyone else run low on storage space for apparently no reason other than just having used it for a while? Should I wipe the device? Note I do have quite a handful (20+) of apps but I highly doubt that could have taken up the 12 or 13 GBs that is being used by the device. Any advice?
    11-29-12 04:54 PM
    Some of the games, Need for Speed, Asphalt 6, Modern Combat etc., can take up 500 MB or so each.. What games do you have installed
    11-29-12 05:01 PM
    Video podcasts? These don't show up in Files and Folders but eat up a LOT of space. I deleted all of mine, removed the podcast app and it freed up a chunk of space.
    11-29-12 05:04 PM
    Had the same problem. 32 GB unit. Lots of media loaded. Dumped about 1/2 the apps I had that I rarely used. Problem solved, lots of storage freed up.
    11-29-12 08:19 PM
    Some of the games, Need for Speed, Asphalt 6, Modern Combat etc., can take up 500 MB or so each.. What games do you have installed
    I only have Asphalt, Tetris, Chess and Shadowgun... I deleted NFS and it only freed up a couple of hundred megs.

Video podcasts? These don't show up in Files and Folders but eat up a LOT of space. I deleted all of mine, removed the podcast app and it freed up a chunk of space.
    Yeah I do have quite a few videos I downloaded from when I first had it... thanks for reminding me actually, I haven't used that app in ages but went on a frenzy early on. Do I have to delete them in the Podcast app?
    11-30-12 03:36 PM
    I only have Asphalt, Tetris, Chess and Shadowgun... I deleted NFS and it only freed up a couple of hundred megs.

Yeah I do have quite a few videos I downloaded from when I first had it... thanks for reminding me actually, I haven't used that app in ages but went on a frenzy early on. Do I have to delete them in the Podcast app?
    Yes, and it is a bit annoying. The "x" is not that big and sometimes you end up playing the episode instead of deleting it.
    11-30-12 07:48 PM
    Yes, and it is a bit annoying. The "x" is not that big and sometimes you end up playing the episode instead of deleting it.
    That alone is enough reason to ugrade to 32GB... or better 64GB... :-)
    11-30-12 08:02 PM