I just got off a flight and waiting in the terminal for a bus. I'm chuckling in amusement as I look around to see people squinting and scrolling the tiny screens of their phones.

Not a tablet in sight, quite a few with laptops huddled against the wall wherever there is a electric outlet or charging station.

I guess those few ridiculous size tablets that I saw people struggling with on the plane where there is a tray to hold them are just too much of a ............struggle.

I am comfortably typing this on the Playbook, a tablet that nestles perfectly in my lap with my leg crossed over the other typing with two hands,as I have them both free to do that without having to find a place to rest this thing.

Just thought I'd share my joy. You too can experience the joy that I have inside. You know how

Playbook, not too small, not too big, it's juussssssttttttt right

OH!!! no wifi where I am btw....could also explain the lack of "why bother" tablets.

Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-31-11 at 05:35 PM.
    ErnM, Jince, bluezone1 and 21 others like this.
    12-31-11 04:53 PM
    Great to hear from someone as happy with their playbook as I am with mine!
    12-31-11 05:01 PM
    Safe Travels and thanks for sharing.... love the Goldilocks porridge
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-31-11 at 06:03 PM.
    12-31-11 05:03 PM
    Happy New Year Jack.
    12-31-11 05:03 PM
    LOL That is too funny. I kid you not. Last month on a return flight, sitting at the gate, I had my PB out. Two seats to my right, a guy was sitting with a nice little ThinkPad (I love em). As they called for boarding, he closed it up, slipped it into his case and stood up. I stood up, PB in left hand, picked up my pack and got in line. I saw him looking at the PB. We got to the attendant, I put my pack strap in my left hand, with the PB, and got my pass out. While walking down the corridor the ThinkPad guy walked up and asked was that a PB and we started talking about it. After we were in the air, I went forward and handed the guy the PB and said try it. 30 min later, he came back with it and commented "That tablet is just right for travel, I'm getting one." We talked more about it when we arrived, but the point is he almost quoted you perfectly. LOL He didn't draw out the word just quite as much, but the inflection was there
    bluezone1 and jafobabe like this.
    12-31-11 05:26 PM
    LOL That is too funny. I kid you not. Last month on a return flight, sitting at the gate, I had my PB out. Two seats to my right, a guy was sitting with a nice little ThinkPad (I love em). As they called for boarding, he closed it up, slipped it into his case and stood up. I stood up, PB in left hand, picked up my pack and got in line. I saw him looking at the PB. We got to the attendant, I put my pack strap in my left hand, with the PB, and got my pass out. While walking down the corridor the ThinkPad guy walked up and asked was that a PB and we started talking about it. After we were in the air, I went forward and handed the guy the PB and said try it. 30 min later, he came back with it and commented "That tablet is just right for travel, I'm getting one." We talked more about it when we arrived, but the point is he almost quoted you perfectly. LOL He didn't draw out the word just quite as much, but the inflection was there
    Well that just proves I'm not just blowing smoke lol. And check this out I can "like" your posts from the bus!

I had a two hour wait which seemed like an eternity and this thing is such a time killer I forgot where I was and almost missed the bus....
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    12-31-11 05:59 PM
    LOL! thanks for sharing .... i too find it funny that it's always watching people with something either too small or too large. I have only had my PB for a short time but do find it easy to carry everywhere and i am positive if i had a large tablet i would not carry it as frequently.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-31-11 06:01 PM
    I love the look on people's face when I whip it out of my purse and bridge to my phone.
    Then their jaw drops when I get out on the web and show them some vids.

Makes me *giggle* every time!
    rotorwrench and Blkacesvf41 like this.
    12-31-11 06:41 PM
    I love the look on people's face when I whip it out of my purse and bridge to my phone.
    I keep my BlackBerry smartphone and tablet paired via Bluetooth and enabled via bridge-mode all the time and have never had to manually reconnect them even when the devices are too far apart, sometimes for hours, to maintain an active bridge connection. Do you manually connect and disconnect the devices for bridge mode?
    12-31-11 06:53 PM
    I only have bridge on when I want to use it. Saves the batteries on phone for other things.
    At work we even have to put our phones on vibrate! The nerve I say..
    12-31-11 06:56 PM
    Standby folks - I just shot a vid on the bus which I will title "TOO BIG/too small" uploading to Youtube as I bus.

Just noticed also switching tabs in the browser does not suspend the upload

After the long journey, battery holding up at 50 percent. Looks like it will hold for the upload. Cant say the same about my phone battery that died handling all the 3g....so I normally would be out of contact with my friend that is supposed to pick me up but does not yet know I missed the first flight... no AC on the bus, charger stowed in baggage compartment anyway....

Panic!!!!

Wait - sign says bus has wifi....once again Playbook to the rescue on travel. Log in...a quick SMS to friend....a taxi fare and a friendship saved

Sure beats finding an extinct payphone from the Twilight zone....

BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-31-11 06:59 PM
    playbook is the perfect size. i have yet to see one in public. but so far people are amazed at the speaker quality on this tablet.
    12-31-11 07:12 PM
    Then their jaw drops when I get out on the web and show them some vids.

Makes me *giggle* every time!

Lol...I sat next to a couple from Germany on the plane...I had the aisle, she next to me ..he was by the window with some ten inch pad in an unwieldy case so I couldn't tell what it was but he had the tray down to accommodate it.

I couldn't resist trying to get his attention with my trayless playbook, but its so small an discrete it hard to do.

So I turned the brightness all the way up and started watching some 1080p vids and angled it his direction...

He was too involved, but I caught her with her head pointing my way instead of his out of the corner of my eye watching over my shoulder...lol.
    rotorwrench and perry34 like this.
    12-31-11 07:18 PM
    yeah man I love the size of this Tablet
    In my eyes it's the perfect tablet.
    12-31-11 07:23 PM
    I love reading happy stories from happy PB owners. The best part is the you aren't paying for a separate data plan. Sure, you can do the same thing on an ipad, but your paying for it.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-31-11 07:25 PM
    Ok the youtube upload keeps failing somebody help me out here- does going into standby interrupt the upload, or is it because I get impatient and switch to another browser tab while uploading, or is it just the crappy bus wifi?
    12-31-11 07:37 PM
    i would guess crappy WiFi.
    12-31-11 08:11 PM
    My last flight from LA was delayed 2-3 hours, so I had a beer and started watching a movie on MaxGo. Started watching a 2nd one, the flight finally was ready so I watched while I was in line and boarding, stopped it when they made us turn off electronics. When we landed in OAK, I fired the movie back up. We had to switch gates before they let us off, I watched the whole time. It was so easy to carry the PB while walking through the terminal and all the way to the parking lot. Even though it had been a long day, I sat in the parking lot for 5 minutes to see the end.

That trip was also when RIM had their big outage. Even though my BB wasn't getting email, I was able to pull our OWA site on my bridged PB and see my email. That was before I even knew about the outage, plus I was in the Airport shuttle van while this was going on.
    12-31-11 09:19 PM
    i would guess crappy WiFi.
    I think you're right - I'm home now and it uploaded fine....
    12-31-11 10:58 PM
    And now ladies and gentlemen, presenting a 5 star feature film called

"TOO BIGtoo littleTOO BIGtoo little....(inhale) .....too littleTOO BIGtoo littleTOO BIG"

by Blackjack.

*drum roll*

Ok gotta go drinkin and gamblin with me buds....

HAPPY NEW YEAR CRACKBERRY!!

Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-31-11 at 11:15 PM.
    12-31-11 11:00 PM
    And now ladies and gentlemen, presenting a 5 star feature film called

"TOO BIG/too littleTOO BIG/too littleTOO BIG/too little....(inhale) .....too littleTOO BIG/too little]TOO BIG"

by Blackjack.

*drum roll*

I didn't see what the bus driver was using while driving. I'll go back and watch again.

Nice Vid
    12-31-11 11:11 PM
    I didn't see what the bus driver was using while driving. I'll go back and watch again.

Nice Vid
    Click to view quoted image
    LOL

Actually I did - he had an iPhone. Next to a TOM TOM because the screen is so damn tiny on those things....
    12-31-11 11:17 PM
    Nice Vid! Thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year
    12-31-11 11:20 PM
    Nice Vid! Thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year
    Thank you and you're welcome Would you like to audition for the part of Goldilocks in the sequel?

I can make you a star baby.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-31-11 at 11:31 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-31-11 11:27 PM
    WOW! A real Audition??? Like XFactor?? With real Bears???
    I'm afraid of Bears!
    12-31-11 11:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD