Just a heads up about an app for playbook that is apparently designed to be used as an additional flatbox type fill light for photographers - when just a little more light is needed. The output of Playbook is not really much for this, but I have just discovered another use - as a lightbox for slides or film. It works! Not as bright as some light boxes, but with the brightness cranked up all the way - not bad in a pinch!

The color balance can even be adjusted by use of sliders. Coll little app - even if only for using Playbook as a flashlight.

Its called Film Bounce Light or "Film Light"

Now that all the photographers are gathered here - DO NOT MISS the app called "SLR" - it helps you to visualize in 3D, the effect of your studio lighting setups on your subject - before you even set them up!

At least it does in theory - I am still trying to learn exactly how to move the lights around - its a bit tricky.

Any tips on using this would be helpful as it is not very self descriptive...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-02-12 at 02:09 AM.
    KermEd, deswayze and jafobabe like this.
    01-02-12 02:05 AM
    Oops meant that for the apps section but oh well...doesn't hurt here. Mod move?
    01-02-12 02:19 AM
    good job and thanks i am sure alot of people will appreciate i would have 2 years ago
    01-02-12 02:19 AM
    Oh, what a good idea! That's a nice one.
    01-02-12 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD