My PlayBook is in the process of Upgrading to the latest "Unreleased Build" 1.0.1.1705 from RIM.

If you are unsure as to how to load this build, please see Kevin's instructions which were posting on the crackberry front page:

Install the Latest Unreleased Build of the BlackBerry Tablet OS on your BlackBerry PlayBook by Updating via Desktop Manager! | CrackBerry.com

I suppose this would be the equivalent of putting a "leaked" build on a phone.

So while I wait the 40ish minutes for this to take place, I figured I'd start a quick findings thread.

I'll post my findings once the new OS is loaded and I've had a little while to mess around with it.

If anyone has already been using .1705 and found any changes, please post them here!
    04-21-11 10:58 AM
    I've been using the newest build but i have yet to notice any changes. Everything is so smooth. A few things I looked for were GPS and compass which still don't work for me.
    04-21-11 11:33 AM
    as soon as i finished the update my batter showed at 100%,previously would not show over 98%. with that being said, 5 minutes later i'm at 97%
    04-21-11 11:43 AM
    loaded 1705 - working fine - haven't noticed any changes. Guess I just like having the latest updated os - kinda ocd of me, but oh well.
    04-21-11 11:47 AM
    I'm not in a hurry to brick my PB, so not going to mess with it for now, but if any of these updates can get me something significant like BBM or native email faster, then I'd certainly risk it =\
    04-21-11 11:47 AM
    is the brigde browser any faster/better on this build??
    04-21-11 11:48 AM
    Weird I just did the update and I found the Playbook to be much better? I don't seem to have my wi-fi dropping off like I did before? Maybe there was more to this update other than fixing the bricking issue??
    04-21-11 12:04 PM
    Weird I just did the update and I found the Playbook to be much better? I don't seem to have my wi-fi dropping off like I did before? Maybe there was more to this update other than fixing the bricking issue??
    whats the bricking issue? I dont want to upgrade yet... then i have to reinstall all my apps big pain in the ****.
    04-21-11 12:23 PM
    Hope the BB Bridge Browser is fixed ..
    04-21-11 12:30 PM
    I loaded this morning. Played for a couple of hours. Plugged my PB back in, and it said i had version 1.0.0 installed, and wanted me to update back to 1690. So i did it.
    04-21-11 12:37 PM
    Did not find the update.....followed instructions....restarted using the Power app but when it restarted it went right into CONNECTED TO COMPUTER Sync mode....no update option.
    04-21-11 12:42 PM
    I've been using the newest build but i have yet to notice any changes. Everything is so smooth. A few things I looked for were GPS and compass which still don't work for me.
    Are people still having issues with gps??? I know mine did not work the first day but since then poynt/compass/bing maps all work with full gps (though i hate bing maps.... google maps please)

I just assumed everyones gps was working now
    04-21-11 12:43 PM
    This explains how you can get the latest version,

http://n4bb.com/6115/force-your-blac...with-latest-os

Please note: YOU WILL have to restart the unit TWICE to get the box. I actually had to Do it "3" times. The third time, it asked if I wanted to download the update and itis downloading from RIM right now.

To restart the playbook, hold down the power button for 4 secs, then select RESTART
    04-21-11 12:46 PM
    If you dont have wifi and your stuck at the agreement screen - click the power button to turn off the screen and back on. You will get the password if you have one and it will bypass the agreement window.

Trouble with new OS the right corner like WIFI icon are no longer clickable. maybe its because the setup isnt complete but everything else so far works. its like those icons on the right top corner no longer even exist. they are there, but nothing happens when you touche them
    04-21-11 01:01 PM
    whats the bricking issue? I dont want to upgrade yet... then i have to reinstall all my apps big pain in the ****.
    Def a pain to reinstall but you can do a backup of all your playbook data or pick and choose which data you want to backup using DM. It goes pretty quick i did one yesterday for the heck of it.
    MedChemist likes this.
    04-21-11 01:04 PM
    Are people still having issues with gps??? I know mine did not work the first day but since then poynt/compass/bing maps all work with full gps (though i hate bing maps.... google maps please)

I just assumed everyones gps was working now
    What version playbook do you have also what os version are you running? I tried it yesterday for a bit didn't work, I don't see how it can all of a sudden start working without an update but who knows.
    04-21-11 01:05 PM
    Finding: Hockey Central gets "Error code: 22" and will not start.
    Finding: Still cannot bridge my Blackberry Torch (.526)
    04-21-11 01:13 PM
    My screen rotation is gone with this build. Doing a security wipe now to see if that downgrades be back to my original version.
    04-21-11 01:15 PM
    i have no problem with screen rotation...with the exception of getting pictures to show in portrait mode.

for the most part, little to no major improvements.
    04-21-11 01:18 PM
    So will this update fix the issues with wi-fi? ie, works when you first set it up, till you either turn it off and or the playbook goes to sleep, and when you try to launch the browser or do anything else that needs wi-fi it doesn't connect? And all this still doesn't work after removing from saved address's and re-entering? The only way i got it working again was to reset my router, and set EVERYTHING up again..

I've also noticed my phone won't even connect to my wi-fi now, is there a box or something i forgot to check off when resetting the router? laptops work fine, phone connects but blue bar hangs up only part of the way thru loading browser, same with playbook.
    04-21-11 01:32 PM
    I was hoping the JavaScript engine for the browser would be majorly improved in this build. Sad =(

Edit: Whats not making much sense is that Sunspider is showing almost the same rendering speeds as iPad2 and Xoom but yet, every other webpage including Google.com which is as simple as they come still hang before the entire page is done loading.
    04-21-11 01:33 PM
    This explains how you can get the latest version,

http://n4bb.com/6115/force-your-blac...with-latest-os

Please note: YOU WILL have to restart the unit TWICE to get the box. I actually had to Do it "3" times. The third time, it asked if I wanted to download the update and itis downloading from RIM right now.

To restart the playbook, hold down the power button for 4 secs, then select RESTART
    do i have to wipe device after backup?
    04-21-11 01:48 PM
    Bridge didn't work, and still doesn't work.

PB .1705, Bold 9780 .448, Rogers.
    04-21-11 03:18 PM
    Updating now.
    04-21-11 04:02 PM
    Finding: Hockey Central gets "Error code: 22" and will not start.
    Finding: Still cannot bridge my Blackberry Torch (.526)
    i have OS 6.0.0.534 on my torch and bridge is working fine. You do have to make sure it is complete OS and not a hybrid. My bridge was working before this update to the playbook but is working better now. i suggest you update playbook and make sure you have OS 534 on your phone. it would also be a good idea to delete the bridge profile and start from scratch. After these updates I could even set up bridge by scanning barcode which I could not before.
    04-21-11 04:02 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD