Hello guys,

As the Subject line summarizes, my tablet was working like charm since the date of purchase, back then in April last year. However, on these days it has been performing weird. It has always been fast and smooth, but since last week it has been lagging and not no responsive to the touch.

To tell you gusy fast and clear, it boots up as normal, fast and smooth, apps open and close as usual. Then it starts to lag, and freezes for one second, responds and freezes again but this time will not respond again and finally the screen goes black and stucks there until I make a hard reset and it reboots normally, until it does it again, and again.

Relevant information:
    16GB model, 1.5GB free storage available, sideloaded a few android apps today, recorded a few videos
    the device manager software on the pc makes no difference, as the PB will anyway freeze and go all black even if it's backing up or something.

HELP?
    08-23-12 09:09 PM
    You might want to back up your data files and then erase some of the larger videos or photos or whatever to free up more space and see if that helps.

It runs well after a reboot and then lags? I hesitate to suggest a wipe of the playbook without restoring all of your stuff till you get some more suggestions and try freeing up more memory and/or storage.

Remove some of the android apps?
    08-24-12 12:30 AM
    Hello guys,

As the Subject line summarizes, my tablet was working like charm since the date of purchase, back then in April last year. However, on these days it has been performing weird. It has always been fast and smooth, but since last week it has been lagging and not no responsive to the touch.

To tell you gusy fast and clear, it boots up as normal, fast and smooth, apps open and close as usual. Then it starts to lag, and freezes for one second, responds and freezes again but this time will not respond again and finally the screen goes black and stucks there until I make a hard reset and it reboots normally, until it does it again, and again.

Relevant information:
    16GB model, 1.5GB free storage available, sideloaded a few android apps today, recorded a few videos
    the device manager software on the pc makes no difference, as the PB will anyway freeze and go all black even if it's backing up or something.

HELP?
    What OS is the PB running?
    08-24-12 07:29 AM
    What OS is the PB running?
    The one RIM removed, 2.0.1.668? Today it has been working just fine, but last night it was unusable! Weird.
    08-24-12 08:56 PM
    Hi kmj,
    Your issues are kinda similar to mine, I'm on .668 as well. With me its wben I'm using the browser on wifi, i have contacted RIM but decided not to follow their suggestions which was to wipe and reinstall the previous os , so i will just wait for the next update which will hopefully fix the issue.
    My issues - wifi on, full green icon yet web pages dont load or load very slow or load half way.
    Wifi just randomly disconnect yet all my other devices stay connected to the same router.
    The playbook actually diables the wifi profile for no reason, so i have to go in to the sdttings to reenable it.

Personally i think the latest update made the browser and the wifi to sensitive, so any irregularity it detects it thinks its being attacked and shuts down.
    The previous os was perfect for me. I think it was .358

Good luck.
    08-25-12 10:20 AM
    Hi kmj,
    Your issues are kinda similar to mine, I'm on .668 as well. With me its wben I'm using the browser on wifi, i have contacted RIM but decided not to follow their suggestions which was to wipe and reinstall the previous os , so i will just wait for the next update which will hopefully fix the issue.
    My issues - wifi on, full green icon yet web pages dont load or load very slow or load half way.
    Wifi just randomly disconnect yet all my other devices stay connected to the same router.
    The playbook actually diables the wifi profile for no reason, so i have to go in to the sdttings to reenable it.

Personally i think the latest update made the browser and the wifi to sensitive, so any irregularity it detects it thinks its being attacked and shuts down.
    The previous os was perfect for me. I think it was .358

Good luck.
    Thanks for your input, sir. It seems that the issue, bug or whatever it was just disappeared, or fixed itself because the tablet is running like charm right now.

The WiFi issue you describe has happened to me with previous versions, but not with the .668
    08-25-12 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD