Thank QNX for that! Thinkin the new berries r gonna be amazin with batt life!
    04-20-11 10:44 PM
    Installing Poynt kills the GPS, the only fix is to security wipe the playbook.
    Wait wait wait is this true? My GPS doesn't work and I had installed Poynt. Can anyone else confirm this before I go and wipe my PlayBook?
    04-20-11 10:46 PM
    GPS isn't active yet....coming soon though......my guess is their makin sure 6.1 apps cn handle 7.0 at yrs end
    04-20-11 10:50 PM
    my PB wou
    ld not charge past 96% but i still got 10hrs out of it so i guess its ok??
    Had the same issue...I posted it in one of these threads...my guess is an OS issue...I hope, but it still made it through the day just fine.
    04-20-11 11:04 PM
    i am unable to open any bridge email attachments. Tapping on the link does nothing for xls, doc or pdf files even though they are recognized and the link appears active (blue). i have also unable to save bridge email attachments using the playbook. i have the 1690 build and it states that is the most current. i am able to open the attachments on my storm2 fine using doc2go or pdf viewer. i have also tried saving the attachments to the media card on the storm, then opening them using the sheet2go, etc. with limited results. some files open read only and others provide an error before opening to even view. i have also had the playbook become unresponsive after trying to open attachments. i have always been able to hold dow the power button and get it to restart when this has happened. Any suggestions?
    04-20-11 11:12 PM
    i am unable to open any bridge email attachments. Tapping on the link does nothing for xls, doc or pdf files even though they are recognized and the link appears active (blue). i have also unable to save bridge email attachments using the playbook. i have the 1690 build and it states that is the most current. i am able to open the attachments on my storm2 fine using doc2go or pdf viewer. i have also tried saving the attachments to the media card on the storm, then opening them using the sheet2go, etc. with limited results. some files open read only and others provide an error before opening to even view. i have also had the playbook become unresponsive after trying to open attachments. i have always been able to hold dow the power button and get it to restart when this has happened. Any suggestions?
    Yea I was having the same kind of issues...something tells me that this bridge idea was the last thing they put together before release because it seems to have the most bugs by far. I think it is one of those things where we are just going to have to wait it out for the next OS update..hurry up RIM!!!
    04-20-11 11:22 PM
    Yea I was having the same kind of issues...something tells me that this bridge idea was the last thing they put together before release because it seems to have the most bugs by far. I think it is one of those things where we are just going to have to wait it out for the next OS update..hurry up RIM!!!
    I've been able to open .doc and .pdf attachments through Bridge linked to my 9780. I use BIS connected to my IMAP server for emails.
    04-20-11 11:53 PM
    How do I do that if the device won't connect?
    Did you try the Desktop Manager trick listed on the first page of this thread?
    04-21-11 12:30 AM
    Wait wait wait is this true? My GPS doesn't work and I had installed Poynt. Can anyone else confirm this before I go and wipe my PlayBook?
    Until RIM enable the GPS you may have to feed the information manually, In Poynt app, tap the blue bar on the top, it should popup a dialog box asking for a location.
    04-21-11 01:39 AM
    I was looking for help with the following issues.

1)through the blackberry bridge I cannot view the files on my 9780. I have the bluetooth sharing on.

2)I use my playbook on my rogers account through my phone and via wifi but do not have bbm on the playbook.

3)my phones security levels are set to highest and sometimes the playbook makes me unlock my phone to use the bridge

4)if i restart my playbook it requires me to re add the tethered phone

sorry if my questions have already been answered
    04-21-11 02:35 AM
    lastly and most importantly

when i try to create appointments on the calender on the playbook it allows me to make them but then it wont save them. I constantly have to hit dismiss. please advise
    04-21-11 02:40 AM
    how about this i take a pic and set it as wallpaper but it zooms wwaAaayyy in set as the wallpaper. anyway to keep it from doing that? kind of annoying.
    MedChemist and madamemonday like this.
    04-21-11 02:50 AM
    Only, issue i have currently run into is when i try to open an xls file from my email. The attachment starts to downlaod just, gets about half way complete then just stops.
    04-21-11 06:37 AM
    Had the same issue...I posted it in one of these threads...my guess is an OS issue...I hope, but it still made it through the day just fine.
    Same here. charged all night and only got 96%
    04-21-11 07:19 AM
    I'm having problems with Bridge. I can install it on the phone and add the tablet just fine but when I go to the Blackberry Bridge menu on the Playbook I don't have any icons. Removed, de-installed, re-installed everything a dozen times. Support keeps having me do the same thing over and over.

Anybody see this?
    04-21-11 07:40 AM
    Problems with Camera and Screen Capture... When taking pics with the Camera, the pics are stored under the Camera folder on the Playbook... However, I don't see them when I use the Picture Viewer on the Playbook... Also, I tried to take a Screen Capture by depressing the up and down volume keys at the same time and nothing is happening.
    the zame thing happens to mine playbook. i just restart it and the video and picyures that i took, appear.
    04-21-11 07:47 AM
    other issue, when i browse for file into my cell phone via playbook using the bridge, i van't open, either find, pictures
    jaja and now, during i write this message, i ant see what im writting till i close the keyboard
    04-21-11 07:51 AM
    I'm having problems with Bridge. I can install it on the phone and add the tablet just fine but when I go to the Blackberry Bridge menu on the Playbook I don't have any icons. Removed, de-installed, re-installed everything a dozen times. Support keeps having me do the same thing over and over.

Anybody see this?
    had this problem all day tuesday, but got it fixed yesterday. make sure you are running the most up to date OFFICIAL OS for your carrier on your phone.

im on ATT and had to downgrade from OS6 on my 9700 to the ATT official 5.0.0.929...which sucks, but it made the bridge icons appear
    Last edited by atlpepper; 04-21-11 at 01:57 PM.
    04-21-11 09:06 AM
    Flash sites work. But, I went to Games - Free Online Games at Addicting Games! to play a few flash games. Many work, but, some do not as the game was designed for keyboard use (like arrow keys and space-bar, etc.). I can understand those not working.

However, some flash games require the text input of a player name. When that is presented, I can't get the field to accept any text input from the keyboard on the PB.
    04-21-11 09:16 AM
    This was happening to me when I read that there is a solution the seems to be working for most people.

Turn on the Playbook and let it run in the boot up mode for about 30min. Then do a hard reboot by holding the power button along with both volume buttons. HOLD FOR MORE THEN 10SEC, as this will not allow the Playbook to reboot automatically. Let it sit off for another 30min or so and then hit power and start it back up.

work for me on the first try. hope this helps.
    04-21-11 09:35 AM
    I setup a 16GB which had the Stuck on Boot issue and was there for over 5 hours. I finally just did a hard reboot over and over until it started back up. It was around 3 times and I allowed it to auto reboot.
    04-21-11 09:47 AM
    Has anyone been able to get their wireless headphones to work? I sucessfully paired mine with the playbook and they are listed on the bluetooth screen but when I click on them the connect device is grayed out? Any ideas?
    04-21-11 09:47 AM
    how about this i take a pic and set it as wallpaper but it zooms wwaAaayyy in set as the wallpaper. anyway to keep it from doing that? kind of annoying.
    I'm having the exact same issue. Even if I download a 1024x600 pic, when I set it as wallpaper, it zooms way in and most of the pic gets distorted. I can't find wallpaper settings anywhere either.
    04-21-11 09:51 AM
    I have similar problem when playing a bridge card game on bridgebase.com. I was able to play the game but was unble to chat 95% of times. That 5% time that I can chat really bothered me. When I clicked on the chat box, the keyboard came up. I was able to type but nothing was shown on the line. After hitting return, or hiding the keyboard, or point to the screen, the texts were still not sent.

Another problem is that after establishing the bridge, everything seemed to work until I hit the bridge browser. I was simply bringing up the yahoo home page, tried clicking a news article, and it got stuck. Even worse, after it got stuck and I closed the bridge browser, the whole bridge connection got stuck. I could no longer see the BB smartphone. I needed to re-establish the bridge connection from scratch. It then will work until I bring up any web page again. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by wannaplayB; 04-21-11 at 10:36 AM.
    04-21-11 10:11 AM
    battery pull did the trick

Bridge worked flawlessly the last 2 days but today it gets stuck on the BB logo screen once I try to access email, calendar, etc.

9700 is running 6.6.0.534 on TMO.

Anyone ?
    Last edited by schiri; 04-21-11 at 10:27 AM. Reason: solution found
    04-21-11 10:16 AM
208 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD