i made it to the blackberry agrrement screen in the initial setup and it will not let me pick a country.reverts back to none selected
    04-20-11 06:00 PM
    Just tried the Video as well.. same issue. Will record and save to the Camera folder, but then it doesn't appear in the Video Player
    04-20-11 06:03 PM
    i made it to the blackberry agrrement screen in the initial setup and it will not let me pick a country.reverts back to none selected
    just figured out that the screen capture will not work when BB bridge is on.
    04-20-11 06:06 PM
    if you tell me how to upload a pic,i'll do it. sorry i just get what you mean. so, it is normal?
    Yeah that is normal. It indicates you have a new message or notification.
    04-20-11 06:13 PM
    just figured out that the screen capture will not work when BB bridge is on.
    Not sure what the problem is with your playbook but as you can see from the attached pics my screen capture works when my bridge is active and camera pics do show in the pictures folder
    04-20-11 06:14 PM
    Not sure what the problem is with your playbook but as you can see from the attached pics my screen capture works when my bridge is active and camera pics do show in the pictures folder
    I think it may have something to do with Corporate Content Security Policies?
    04-20-11 06:21 PM
    just got my 32 pb from staples. connected via wifi, it went through registration process and without asking started downloading a new os. after 2 hours, it failed with 'unable' to load software updates'. after trying starting again and another try, another hour - it failed again with the same error.
    any advice? thx
    04-20-11 06:35 PM
    My screen capture does not appear to work when Bridge is on either.

Also, anyone know how to hide completed tasks on the Playbook side? I have them hidden on my Torch, but all of my completed tasks show up on the Playbook.
    04-20-11 06:55 PM
    Hulu not working for you? Try this:

figured out a workaround. i only tested with gmail but here goes:

browse to the hulu video you actually want to watch.
    you should see a large black box where the video would normally be playing.
    scroll to BENEATH that and hit the link that lets you copy the "embeddded" code for "sharing"
    in the browser open a new tab and go to gmail.
    compose a message to yourself and paste the embedded codes
    send the message
    wait until you get your own message
    it should look just like the embedded codes you sent BUT with an active hyperlink in the middle
    click the link and the video should load in a new tab.

To get full screen viewing, it's a little touchy. If you tap the playing video one of three things will happen:

you'll see the Hulu controls
    or the video will pause
    or it'll link you back to the Hulu site

If you see the Hulu controls, hit the normal spot for full screen. It may appear off center but should normalize after a few seconds of playing video.

If you get linked back to the Hulu site in a new tab, close that and try again. The hulu video should still be open in another tab.

Don't know how long this workaround will last or what other emails it works with, but enjoy it while it lasts!
    04-20-11 07:02 PM
    I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this...

When I type a password, each character appears as a readable character for about 1 second or so as I type it (after the 1 second, it turns into the standard black circle). I've seen this on many forms (not sure if it was all in the browser or also in other areas like app world).

I guess they'll correct this. Somebody with good short-term memory could learn a password by glancing over your shoulder...
    04-20-11 08:21 PM
    The line means yu hv a message. Slide ya finger at an angle across the red line to see it
    04-20-11 09:14 PM
    I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this...

When I type a password, each character appears as a readable character for about 1 second or so as I type it (after the 1 second, it turns into the standard black circle). I've seen this on many forms (not sure if it was all in the browser or also in other areas like app world).

I guess they'll correct this. Somebody with good short-term memory could learn a password by glancing over your shoulder...
    I noticed that yesterday when playing with a pb. That's how my kindle3 deals with passwords, too. Must be a new standard that allows you to kind of verify each character immediately after it is entered. But can lead to issues like you mention. Discretion in open environments, I guess.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    04-20-11 09:18 PM
    how do u guys paste within the browser? i held the screen n the menu popped up but for some reason it didnt do anything when i pressed it ... also how do you save image from browser to playbook? any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by ambon21; 04-20-11 at 09:41 PM.
    04-20-11 09:38 PM
    If someone knows a fix please answer

Here is the issue I found, I have been downloading several pdf files to read for class tomorrow on my Playbook. They download fast, read great no complaints. I am now done with them and went to the Adobe app to delete them....but...there is NO delete options. No swipe down from the top or pen shaped edit icon as in Word to go or the picture app...I would assume I can delete them through my pc...but that seems like a lot of work.

Any ideas would be great, the only thing I can think to try is with my bridge connection and do a file explore.
    04-20-11 09:50 PM
    how do u guys paste within the browser? i held the screen n the menu popped up but for some reason it didnt do anything when i pressed it ... also how do you save image from browser to playbook? any help would be appreciated
    Just hold down on the screen where you want to select and 2 little blue sticks pop up, drag where you want and click copy. Saving a picture works the same way, tap and hold and wait for the menu.
    04-20-11 09:54 PM
    Not sure of the first but may be linked to the second.

Hold your finger on an image, a menu pops up. Then you can save it.

Yep. You can also copy from there.

When you have a flashing cursor, like in a post, hold your finger on the cursor and another menu pops up. Now you can paste.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 04-20-11 at 10:00 PM.
    04-20-11 09:54 PM
    I noticed that yesterday when playing with a pb. That's how my kindle3 deals with passwords, too. Must be a new standard that allows you to kind of verify each character immediately after it is entered. But can lead to issues like you mention. Discretion in open environments, I guess.
    My Storm 1 does the same thing.
    04-20-11 10:03 PM
    i have a torch and while bridge and using hands free call the call was choppy. i disabled bridge during the call and the choppyness was gone.
    04-20-11 10:11 PM
    So I have what may seem like a dumb question and I don't see where anyone else has mentioned it but if my search was in error please let me know.

I have bridge mode up and working and see my corp email, calendar, etc.

Shouldn't I see Blackberry Messenger in the Blackberry Bridge apps?

Tell me I missed something simple and its just been a really long day???

PG
    04-20-11 10:27 PM
    BBM isn't available yet....my guess is their still tweaking it for 6.1 n7.0 , worth the wait!
    phonegeek#AC likes this.
    04-20-11 10:30 PM
    Anyone experiencing that Gmail buttons are unresponsive on Playbook.
    Buttons like Menu, Delete, Refresh, scrolling etc..pressing them sometime works but most of the time don't work at all. I have to press them 3-4 times for those buttons to work !!!
    Also the Desktop version of Gmail from the browser itself is not responsive at all !!! What is the issue over here ???
    04-20-11 10:31 PM
    Just wandering, are you keeping your screen pretty clean? I myself don't hv any problems until the screen gets dirty
    04-20-11 10:34 PM
    BBM isn't available yet....my guess is their still tweaking it for 6.1 n7.0 , worth the wait!
    Thanks! Somewhere in my surfing this forum for the last month I missed that little tid bit and a big one at that. BBM is 75% of my BB usage...

This thing misses the mark when some of the basics are missing....

PG
    04-20-11 10:37 PM
    my PB wou
    ld not charge past 96% but i still got 10hrs out of it so i guess its ok??
    04-20-11 10:39 PM
    I feel ya! I really think BBM n FB are gonna b amazin.....I've seen pics! Would live ta hv it here nw too
    04-20-11 10:41 PM
208 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD