Please update this thread so that it will be helpful to others, Please update with the problem you faced and the resolution incase if you had any.

PLEASE NOTE:
    ---------------------------------------
    1) Always plugin your Playbook to a power source during the OS upgrade.
    2) Upgrade Desktop Manager to the latest version so that it supports Playbook.

OBSERVATIONS:
    1)There is a "power icon" introduced in the OS build , for restart and turn off purposes you may use it.
    2) Playbook when bridged automatically imports your Wifi networks stored on your Blackberry Phone and so no extra work required.
    3) Current OS Build in mass usage (1.0.1.1705)
    4) Blackberry Playbook Forum : BlackBerry® PlayBook - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

HOW TO :

1) Hard Reset : Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds. TIP: Its easier if you hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key.

How To Perform a Hard Reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview

2) How to Bridge and Tether at the same time, checkout comment #95
    3) KB26136-How to synchronize media from a computer to a BlackBerry PlayBook
    4) KB26130-How to customize the appearance of the BlackBerry PlayBook
    5) KB26135-How to restore data to a BlackBerry PlayBook
    6) KB26621-How to change the payment method in BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry PlayBook
    7) KB26228-Getting started with BlackBerry Playbook initial setup
    8) KB26515-How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    9) KB26582-"Unable to display the BlackBerry ID agreement" during PlayBook setup
    10) KB26275-Prompted to perform a software update during initial BlackBerry PlayBook setup
    11) KB26382-Locating the PIN and serial number on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    12) KB26038-How to obtain logs from PlayBook
    13) KB26142-How to pair the BlackBerry PlayBook with a Bluetooth device
    14) KB26141-How to setup Bluetooth Internet Tethering on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    15) KB26134-How to backup data on a BlackBerry PlayBook
    16) KB26096-Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    17) KB26540-Supported attachment types while using BlackBerry Bridge with the BlackBerry PlayBook
    18) KB05196-Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a USB tethered modem
    19) KB26067-Messages, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Bridge Browser and Bridge Files icons are not present on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    20) KB26142-How to pair the BlackBerry PlayBook with a Bluetooth device
    21) KB26096-Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    23) KB26131-How to remove applications from the BlackBerry PlayBook
    24) KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    25) KB26068-How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook
    26) KB26141-How to setup Bluetooth Internet Tethering on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    27) KB26694-How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    28) KB26708-PlayBook - Low Battery
    29) FAQ: Transfer Files to the BlackBerry PlayBook Over Wi-Fi or USB - BerryReview

KNOW ISSUES AND WAITING FOR AN UPDATE FROM RIM
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) BridgeFiles feature currently doesn't support media files and hence you will not be able to access any of your music, videos or photos stored on your Blackberry. It just supports Documents currently.
    2) Bridge Browser is very slow
    3)sometimes EMAIL notification is getting displayed/stuck even after all the emails are marked read in the Inbox
    4) No way to delete the PDF files from the device (although the work around is to delete from your PC/MAC)
    5) Slides-to-go does not have edit feature yet
    6) Cannot edit the documents when bridged
    7) GPS is not available yet
    8) BBM via bridge not available yet
    9) Bridge feature has some issues like occasional freeze ups, reconnecting etc.
    10) Bluetooth stereo headphones or headset profiles are not supported yet but are coming soon

ISSUES AND WORK AROUNDS:

Issue 1: My Playbook is struck on the bootup screen?
    Resolution that worked in few cases:
    Power off the Playbook.
    Plug in the USB cable into the PC and fire up the Desktop Manager.
    Plug the other end of the USB cable in to the Playbook.
    Hit the power button on the PlayBook.
    Desktop Manager should detect the 'BlackBerry Playbook' and should request you to download new software.
    Download the software and update the OS on the Playbook.
    Disconnect the Playbook when it is finished installing updates.
    Power On the Playbook and it should take a while to reboot.

OR

If the above process didn't work you do a hard reset by pressing and holding the power button along with volume up and down keys.

Issue 2: Unable to locate Bridge App in the App World
    Resolution: For ATT customers, here are the OTA links
    OS 6 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...erryBridge.jad
    OS 5 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yBridgeOS5.jad

For Other Carriers, either do a battery pull or restart your Blackberry

Issue 3: I am noticing incomplete downloads in App world
    Observation/Resolution: In the Playbook, by default your application behavior is that the application is stopped when you open a new app in the fore ground and that means you download is struck and it appears as if you are having issues with the Wifi but that's not the case, change the application behavior to "showcase" in system settings or have the App downloading something in the fore ground.

Issue 4: I have Dead Pixel on the screen.

Dead Pixel test :This is a simple test designed to make it easier to detect LCD "dead pixels" (pixels that are either stuck-ON or stuck-OFF) by displaying a series of solid background color pages for contrast.

LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds - Black
    LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds - White
    LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds - Red
    for other backgrounds check out this link LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds
    Resolution: You may want to exchange it.

Issue 5: My battery is able to charge 98% only..
    Resolution: It is a non-issue, most batteries lifespan drop if being on high voltage too long (100%), So usually manufacturers will try to let it state it is fully charged before it even reach 100% to extend the lifespan of the battery.

Issue 6: My Playbook doesn't recharge when plugged in power-off mode
    Resolution: Playbook like the iOS devices require it to be powered on inorder to recharge. However we expect RIM to push an update to trigger a power on the device as soon as it is plugged in.

Issue 7: Hulu not working on the Playbook
    Resolution: Checkout the comment# 34, there is a workaround

Issue 8 - Network Storage mode issues
    Resolution : Check out this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...solved-607558/

Issue 9: My Poynt app is not showing my location
    Resolution: Until RIM enable the GPS you may have to feed the information manually, In Poynt app, tap the blue bar on the top, it should popup a dialog box asking for a location.

Issue 10:Bridge problems or it doesn't work
    Resolution:
    Try the following:
    - Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Network and Connections
    - Go to Bluetooth Connections
    - Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
    - Uncheck all options under Message Services
    - Press the Back button and choose to Save
    - Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
    - Select Options
    - Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
    - Press the Back button and choose Save
    - After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

Issue 11: The playbook is stuck and not responding to any gestures.
    Resolution: Do a Hard Reset : Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds. TIP: Its easier if you hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key.

---------------------------------------- Please keep updating this thread -------------
    Last edited by sf49ers; 04-28-11 at 07:00 PM.
    04-19-11 07:18 PM
    I have came across two playbooks with dead pixels. Are others seeing the samething?
    04-19-11 07:21 PM
    I have came across two playbooks with dead pixels. Are others seeing the samething?
    Resolution : Return it and get a new one.
    ForceFed likes this.
    04-19-11 07:22 PM
    if you browse a picture you cant pinch to zoom in or out.

resolution: you need to double tap first to zoom in, only then will the pinching work... this needs to be fixed.
    04-19-11 07:26 PM
    Resolution : Return it and get a new one.
    I wasn't asking for a resolution just wondering if others were finding PB's with the same issue. Thanks for the time to reply back though
    04-20-11 02:24 PM
    If App World on your BB shows your carrier or device is not supported for the Bridge, delete App World and then reinstall on the BB - should come up OK. Worked for my old 9530 even on VZW.
    04-20-11 02:33 PM
    I have no BridgeBrowser at the B.B.Bridge tab. I have yet to find a resolution.
    04-20-11 02:38 PM
    They should sticky this thread. I'm surprised there isn't one already out there so people won't keep posting the same issues over and over. And also good consolidation for problems.
    04-20-11 02:39 PM
    I still can't connect my device to Bridge!

I'm on a 9780 from T-mobile. Running OS6 (6.0.0.448 platform 6.5.0.136)

Anyone have an issue like this? I just reloaded the OS (I was previously running a beta version of the same OS).

It is almost like it attempts to connect, and then kicks right out. Almost like there is a problem with the Bluetooth itself? It seems to tether without a problem, and also connect to the Bluetooth in my WRX.

I'm at a loss....any help would be greatly appreciated!
    04-20-11 03:45 PM
    when typing sometimes not all the keys have a sound... solution, reset.
    04-20-11 04:13 PM
    I need some help. I had updated to .690 yesterday but my PB said there was a software update available and it was the same one installed. I thought this was odd, but figured I should install anyway to keep the PB happy. So, I installed OTA and when it restarted (rebooted) it got stuck on the PlayBook black screen. Now, after reading this I realize my mistake was not plugging it into a power source. Now I don't know what to do. I tried to rebook it by holding down the power button but it didn't work. I also read in another thread that connecting it to DM would provide a debrick fix, but this didn't work as my DM doesn't recognize that that the PB is plugged in (hence, no software or debrick file update showing). Any suggestions? Thanks
    04-20-11 04:18 PM
    the only fix is to security wipe the playbook.
    04-20-11 04:21 PM
    I still can't connect my device to Bridge!

I'm on a 9780 from T-mobile. Running OS6 (6.0.0.448 platform 6.5.0.136)

Anyone have an issue like this? I just reloaded the OS (I was previously running a beta version of the same OS).

It is almost like it attempts to connect, and then kicks right out. Almost like there is a problem with the Bluetooth itself? It seems to tether without a problem, and also connect to the Bluetooth in my WRX.

I'm at a loss....any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Same. Except a Rogers 9780 here.
    04-20-11 04:21 PM
    I have a few lingering questions:

1) Is there a way to turn on autotext? Capitalizing and punctuating are getting to be a pain.

2) My bridge is only showing emails and no texts. I know that the bbm update is coming soon but I thought sms and mms were displayed in the bridge messages folder...?

3) Is there a way to add another tray to the main nav? I like to keep all of my apps together in one folder and would ideally like to have it be an option on the main menu like "all", "favorites", "media", etc. is this possible?

Overall, very impressed with this thing...only way not to love it is if you are a hater. Amazing piece of tech!
    yogadotcalm likes this.
    04-20-11 04:30 PM
    the only fix is to security wipe the playbook.
    How do I do that if the device won't connect?
    04-20-11 04:33 PM
    Easier fix for Blackberry Bridge NOT downloading:

In App World, hold ALT and hit R, S, and then T key. App World restarts and then I could download the bridge.
    04-20-11 04:36 PM
    How do I do that if the device won't connect?
    Contacted support and I should be good to go.
    04-20-11 04:51 PM
    I have a few lingering questions:

1) Is there a way to turn on autotext? Capitalizing and punctuating are getting to be a pain.

2) My bridge is only showing emails and no texts. I know that the bbm update is coming soon but I thought sms and mms were displayed in the bridge messages folder...?

3) Is there a way to add another tray to the main nav? I like to keep all of my apps together in one folder and would ideally like to have it be an option on the main menu like "all", "favorites", "media", etc. is this possible?

Overall, very impressed with this thing...only way not to love it is if you are a hater. Amazing piece of tech!
    Everything your asking is of RIMs OS not the QNX OS. They are two differ operating systems so you should see less of what your used to seeing now with RIMs os. Its is said when OS7 comes to life it will have the best of both worlds so we just have to sit back and wait for the future. Unless someone builds an app to imitate then we all can be very happy to see our exact phone setup on our PBs
    04-20-11 05:12 PM
    I need some help. I had updated to .690 yesterday but my PB said there was a software update available and it was the same one installed. I thought this was odd, but figured I should install anyway to keep the PB happy. So, I installed OTA and when it restarted (rebooted) it got stuck on the PlayBook black screen. Now, after reading this I realize my mistake was not plugging it into a power source. Now I don't know what to do. I tried to rebook it by holding down the power button but it didn't work. I also read in another thread that connecting it to DM would provide a debrick fix, but this didn't work as my DM doesn't recognize that that the PB is plugged in (hence, no software or debrick file update showing). Any suggestions? Thanks
    Did you download the new DM for your computer which will recognize your PB
    04-20-11 05:14 PM
    when i connect the phone via bridge to the playbook, appear a strange orange line in motion and stay there till i open (slide down) the menu. this line appear at the left-superior corner. any idea?
    04-20-11 05:18 PM

I know it said plug it in as it started the download without being plugged in so I just let it go. No issues so far...but after reading some of the issues that.others have had I am thinking I just got lucky.
    04-20-11 05:22 PM
    when i connect the phone via bridge to the playbook, appear a strange orange line in motion and stay there till i open (slide down) the menu. this line appear at the left-superior corner. any idea?
    Yea had this too, swipe or tap it. It is only there when you are in an app and not on the home screen. it lets you know you have s notification.
    04-20-11 05:26 PM
    Yea had this too, swipe or tap it. It is only there when you are in an app and not on the home screen. it lets you know you have s notification.
    if you tell me how to upload a pic,i'll do it. sorry i just get what you mean. so, it is normal?
    04-20-11 05:43 PM
    if you tell me how to upload a pic,i'll do it. because is appear at the home screen. actually, right now appear it doesn't looks normal. how i can upload pic? so i can show you all thanks you
    Hit the vol up and down buttons at the same time to take a screen shot. Then just attach it to a post as you would from your pc.
    04-20-11 05:44 PM
    Problems with Camera and Screen Capture... When taking pics with the Camera, the pics are stored under the Camera folder on the Playbook... However, I don't see them when I use the Picture Viewer on the Playbook... Also, I tried to take a Screen Capture by depressing the up and down volume keys at the same time and nothing is happening.
    04-20-11 06:00 PM
208 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD