If you saw today's Nintendo Direct Pre-E3 event, you may have watched a very bizarre (at least to me) commercial featuring the new Wii U console:

Nintendo's bizarre Wii U zombie shooter commercial must be seen | Joystiq

If you look through the commercial - at the 47 - 49 second mark - the guy is typing on a keyboard; at the top of it are word suggestions as what occurrs on the Playbook.

Is it possible that the new Wii U console is using the same software that RIM uses for the predictive text?
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    06-03-12 10:39 PM
    I hope to god they change the name of the next gen nintendo. I have every system and hate HATE the name Wii U.....
    06-03-12 10:52 PM
    I hope to god they change the name of the next gen nintendo. I have every system and hate HATE the name Wii U.....
    I guess you didn't like the Mii Wara Wara name either?
    06-03-12 10:54 PM
    The Wii did the same thing when typing in the Opera powered browser.. nothing new.
    I believe OS 2.0 runs a version of SwiftKey whereas Wii has it's own preinstalled dictionary and predictive texts
    06-03-12 11:05 PM
    The Wii did the same thing when typing in the Opera powered browser.. nothing new.
    I believe OS 2.0 runs a version of SwiftKey whereas Wii has it's own preinstalled dictionary and predictive texts
    Perhaps the new Wii console is using SwiftKey's software?
    06-03-12 11:24 PM
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much Darlaten for the link. I completely forgot about the Wii U at e3.

Yah, wii u sounds weird. It clearly doesn't flow. Maybe because English is a second language for the people who picked the name, so they didn't really notice the gaffe.

P.S. That commercial was filled with so many dou ches, including octo.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 06-04-12 at 02:19 AM.
    06-04-12 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD