I'm looking to pick up a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I am torn between the Playbook keyboard case and a dell bluetooth mouse and IOgear keyboard setup. Has anyone use either or both of these and have any recommendations? Thanks.
    07-23-12 01:31 PM
    I'm looking to pick up a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I am torn between the Playbook keyboard case and a dell bluetooth mouse and IOgear keyboard setup. Has anyone use either or both of these and have any recommendations? Thanks.
    I have the Dell mouse (highly recommended) and both an iogear and a microsoft 6000 keyboard. The iogear keyboard is small and portable, but a little tricky to type on. The 6000 is almost a full size keyboard and is nice to type on....but isn't as portable as the iogear because of its bigger size.
    Last edited by mnhockeycoach99; 07-24-12 at 09:59 AM.
    07-23-12 08:08 PM
    I have the BB keyboard and a Logitech BT mouse. Both work well generally. The keyboard is a little small but I got used to it fairly quickly. It has a touchpad which isn't a bonus if you're using a BT mouse (too easy to hit it and move cursor around). I find the scrolling on the touchpad doesn't work very well for me, but I do generally hate touchpad anyway. Mouse really makes it nice, esp if you are using spreadsheets. Keyboard and case adds a bit of weight, but a worthwhile compromise.
    07-23-12 09:23 PM
    I cannot speak for the Playbook Keyboard Case, but I have the Iogear mini bluetooth keyboard and the Dell Travel Mouse (which combined cost a total of $26), and they both work great.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    07-23-12 09:35 PM
    I have both setups. The RIM case makes for a nice packaging. There is a band that you can pull around to keep it book-like. PLUS the case functions as a stand. So the tradeoff is better mousing and keyboarding vs the convenience of the packaging.
    07-23-12 11:30 PM
    I have a standalone generic bluetooth keyboard and Microsoft bluetooth mouse. I then thought I would be happier with the BlackBerry keyboard. It took me 20 minutes to decide to return it.

When you get the BlackBerry keyboard you add bulk to the PlayBook and give up the ability to use it as a regular tablet. It becomes a mini laptop. You need to remove the PlayBook from the case to use it as a tablet because when you fold the keyboard over you can't rest the PlayBook on a table without scratching the keyboard.

Having a standalone combo is more flexible unless you will always use the PlayBook as a laptop.
    07-24-12 12:24 AM
    have any of you used the HP touchpad keyboard or heard of it working well with the playbook? Looks like I missed out on the iogear for $16.
    07-24-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD