Hi,
    after i got my playbook i really wanted the official keyboard case for it, sadly i couldnt get my hands on one (atleast here in germany). There was a store that told me it was in stock, and i had huge problems to get my money back. I also saw one on ebay once but it was over 100eur.

Anyway, i then got one of those "cheap" chinese ones (Check first Picture) that sell on ebay for arround 20 eur.
    Brand New Bluetooth Keyboard Case Cover for Blackberry Playbook 7" Tablet axi | eBay
    The Keyboard works great but its missing several keys that are essential for me. (CTRL, ALT, ESC) where they should be its just replaced with another capslock or backspace.
    Why are those important you may ask, well ESC is mapped to back on android apps and Ctrl is needed to copy text. I also love Dosbox and without all those dos isnt really useable.
    Yes i should have checked the pictures, well i just missed that.

After that i looked for a long time for an alternative, and now i may have found something.
    For Google Nexus 7 Leather Case Cover & Detachable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard | eBay
    (Look at the other attached pictures)

This Keyboard+Case is for the new Nexus 7, and the keyboard seems to be a full qwerty one without any removements or replaces. I know the playbook wont fit in this one but i should be able to build a new one out of both Maybe the rear camera wont work but i dont really need that one in the case anyway.

I hope the keyboard is compatible when it arrives (a bt keyboard a friend owns didnt work on the playbook) and i will report back to you guys.
    Maybe this could be a good alternative for all those who cant get their hands on an official playbook keyboard.

PS: i know there is no trackpad but i own a small BT mouse that works perfectly with the playbook.
    08-16-12 09:24 AM
    I just wanted to say I think that's great intelligent people always find a way.
    Please update so we can know if it's a viable alternative. Good luck.
    08-16-12 02:37 PM
    Any update on this, this seems interesting.
    08-23-12 03:18 PM
    Anyway, i then got one of those "cheap" chinese ones (Check first Picture) that sell on ebay for arround 20 eur.
    The Keyboard works great but its missing several keys that are essential for me. (CTRL, ALT, ESC) where they should be its just replaced with another capslock or backspace.
    Why are those important you may ask, well ESC is mapped to back on android apps and Ctrl is needed to copy text. I also love Dosbox and without all those dos isnt really useable.
    Yes i should have checked the pictures, well i just missed that.
    I have the same one as shown in your pict. Its connection is instantaneous. The missing keys are ok as CTR v or x or c just won't work for PB.
    Its battery life is very good too.
    One thing is that I put the PB upside down so that its charging intake is on the outside (up). When it is closed I can still charge it.

Daniel T O
    08-23-12 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD