Last chance before I sell the PB off as faulty on eBay!

I've wasted over 3 days and tried almost every suggestion on here to bring my nephews PB back to life. He'd let the PB run completely out of juice and managed to kill the original PB charger, probably by connecting the MicroUSB upside down. I initially tried a variety of chargers from a 1 Amp BB charger to a 2A Samsung charger and an iPad charger. To begin with I was only getting a red light
    With the 1A charger I followed the 60 second stack charging guides but couldn't get it to even show the charging screen.
    With the 2A chargers, after stack charging for over 20 mins the red light comes on for a few seconds followed by the charging screen with the battery logo:

The yellow light came on and then it started to boot up but remained stuck on the BB logo with a colour changing swirly back ground. Eventually just shutting off. I'd then have to stack charge it for a while before I could get it to try and boot up.
    After another day of trying all the different suggestion I went and bought a Playbook Fast Charger.

With the fast charger I tried stack charging for almost an hour. Now when I connect the charger the red light comes on for 4 seconds then 7 seconds later the battery icon as above is displayed for about 20 then switches off, next the light starts to come on but in a yellow colour and turns off within a couple of seconds just before it reaches max brightness.
    If I leave it plugged in eventually the BB logo screen with the swirly background appears. The background just keeps changing colour and eventually just turns itself off. Left it plugged in over night but still dead!
    Pressing the power button after the yellow light first attempts to come on brings the battery icon back up followed by a constant yellow light. Which is followed by the the boot up screen, again just switching itself off after a couple of minutes..
    I've tried doing an update via the desktop manager which seems to go through okay with the green light staying on during the update.
    After the PB reboots the boot up screen comes up but again switching off after a few minutes of the colour changing swirly background. About a minute before it switches off the desktop manager detects the PB, displaying it's PIN.

Has connecting the micro usb charger upside down broken something internally? or is there anything else I could try?

I'm on software version: 2.1 Bundle 1526

Any help would be most appreciated!
    08-01-13 09:29 AM
    you can try to contact BB about it. It doesnt sound good though

PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US

They have been very good helping people get it fixed in the past
    08-01-13 10:11 AM
    has anyone workaround about it? if tried stack charging, also opened the case and manually charged the battery until 3,7 volt. but the problem remains.
    please help
    08-02-13 07:56 PM
    Well, if stack charging does not tackle it, the only other suggestion would be reloading the OS using Debrick but that may not pan out either:

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

It sounds as if both of these units have hardware issues that charging methods cannot bypass or fix. Whether it is the battery or some circuit is something I'd have no idea about.
    08-02-13 09:09 PM
    I recently let one of my PlayBooks completely drain. Using the rapid charger did nothing. It would show the charging symbol but would not charge, even after hours. Using the original charger, it full recharged after a few hours. The original charger is 1.8 A, so the 2 A one you have is the way to go.
    08-04-13 05:42 AM
    I have the same problem as Guan 6 months after I bought it! I've tried everything said on all of these posts! A little insight to the problem first when I tried to charged it the battery only got to 90% charge after 8 hours charging on the original PB charger it came with, then to 80% , then 70% and so on until it only got to 5% after 8 hours of charge, after that everytime I plugged it to charge the PB would turn on fully and then quickly turn off!! I was extremely disappointed with RIM (BB) as my Torch 9860 died that same week, after having it for less than a year! So I tossed the PB to one side and forgot about it for about 4 months... I then decided to started reading the related threads and post about this problem and I've tried everything Stack Chargin, Debrick and many other methods (I've still have not teared it open though) I've even though in buying a PB battery but they cost US$ 77 on Amazon With the regular charger that came with the PB it fist turns on a RED light, followed by the Battery Lighting Symbol and then a Yellow Light, it keeps doing this over and over again in an endless cycle! Recently I bought the Rapid Magnetic Charger and the PB does the same the only thing is that after the Yellow Light it boots up (when I saw this I literally jumped as I thought it magically fixed it self!) only to be disappointed once again as it dies in the process of booting up! I literally don't know what to do and I've even tried installing the PB OS again which through the hour long process a Green Light is shown and in the finally stages when the Desktop Manger tries to connect to PB it says that there was an error in connecting with the PB and the Green Light turns off! Honestly I've never though RIM (BB) could sell such crappy products! I've still have two Curves 8250 which are working just fine after having them for nearly 4 four years! Please help me cause it's a shame that all that money that I spent buying the PB and accessories are going to waste! Any one with a better solution please chip in! Worst part I live in Dominican Republic and there is NO RIM (BB) help line that I can talk to!!
    10-30-13 09:51 AM
    My Playbook stopped charging 6 months after I bought it! I've tried everything said on all of these posts! A little insight to the problem first when I tried to charged it the battery only got to 90% charge after 8 hours charging on the original PB charger it came with, then to 80% , then 70% and so on until it only got to 5% after 8 hours of charge, after that everytime I plugged it to charge the PB would turn on fully and then quickly turn off!! I was extremely disappointed with RIM (BB) as my Torch 9860 died that same week, after having it for less than a year! So I tossed the PB to one side and forgot about it for about 4 months... I then decided to started reading the related threads and post about this problem and I've tried everything Stack Chargin, Debrick and many other methods (I've still have not teared it open though) I've even though in buying a PB battery but they cost US$ 77 on Amazon With the regular charger that came with the PB it fist turns on a RED light, followed by the Battery Lighting Symbol and then a Yellow Light, it keeps doing this over and over again in an endless cycle! Recently I bought the Rapid Magnetic Charger and the PB does the same the only thing is that after the Yellow Light it boots up (when I saw this I literally jumped as I thought it magically fixed it self!) only to be disappointed once again as it dies in the process of booting up! I literally don't know what to do and I've even tried installing the PB OS again which through the hour long process a Green Light is shown and in the finally stages when the Desktop Manger tries to connect to PB it says that there was an error in connecting with the PB and the Green Light turns off! Honestly I've never though RIM (BB) could sell such crappy products! I've still have two Curves 8250 which are working just fine after having them for nearly 4 four years! Please help me cause it's a shame that all that money that I spent buying the PB and accessories are going to waste! Any one with a better solution please chip in! Worst part I live in Dominican Republic and there is NO RIM (BB) help line that I can talk to!!
    10-30-13 09:57 AM
    Ervin, how old is your Playbook (pb)? Did you purchase it new? It sounds as if it never fully charged even when new? It should be covered by warranty if you bought it.

Since it sounds as if you have tried all of the normal methods, I don't know what to suggest at this point. It could be a bad battery or batteries (it has two).

You might have to call long distance if you want warranty repair

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser (longer in some jurisdictions). It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry Z10 - Tous les Téléphones Portables BlackBerry - FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Austria:0800-297-476
    Belgium:800-77-980
    RIM (Brasil Support toll free number): 0800-022-3161
    Bulgaria: 00800-118-1115
    Denmark: 802-50198
    France: 800-914-533
    Germany: 800-181-6530
    Italy: 800-789-272
    Luxembourg: 800-2-2187
    Netherlands: 800-022-7316
    Norway: 00-1-647-426-7058
    Poland: 00-800-112-43-59
    Portugal: 800-827-760
    Russia: 8-800-100-9643
    South Africa: 0800988892
    Spain: 900-866-969
    Sweden: 02-079-4448
    Switzerland: 0-800-802-492
    United Kingdom: 08000962805

Phone-Numbers of BlackBerry PLAYBOOK- Helpdesks...

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Geb�hrenfrei)

North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)

UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)

Outside UK: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

[email protected]

(BTW: Helpdesk for BlackBerry devices -except PlayBook- for Germany:
    0180 3302626)
    10-30-13 10:12 AM
    Thanks F2! I'l call and see, but my PB was bought brand new of Ebay and for the first 6 months it charged completely, after that it gradually started to lose it's charging capacity! I've always noticed that when charging the back of the PB used to get warm and then a small bump would appear I've read on many posts that this was normal for the PB! I was thinking in replacing the PB battery as I found on Amazon that they sell PB battery for US$ 77 which I think is alot as with a bit more I can buy a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or a ASUS Google Nexus, but that's besides the point! I think I'll call RIM and see if they can help... I really lioked that company and would defend its products, but I'm gradually losing faith in that company :S Thanks F2 for the quick response!
    10-30-13 01:32 PM
    Hope I'm not too late to post the solution,but I think if you press the power button while doing the stack charging,it should work without any problems after couple mins.My playbook had the same problem,keeps on shutting down at the startup page.My remark is even if its not showing the battery icon or the pulsating yellowish light.It still takes charge but nearly under 1.3v.But give a try tell me if it did wotk
    07-23-14 02:54 AM