On the 31st of December I stepped out briefly, to see a friend and i had my playbook with me, and I could have sworn the device was on, on getting to his place I observed my device had turned off on its own and it was quite weird....it also refused to come on when i pressed the power button, so I though it was the battery that had run flat, however I knew I had charged it for most part of the day and didnt use it much either. Plugged it in to a wall charger, the red light came on and then the glowing light, showing it was charging, however the power button still didnt bring it on.

I disconnected the device from the socket then held the power button the + and - buttons for the volume and then the device came on., however i noticed that it always goes of on its own which was very strange. I could drop it off for about 30mins when I get back to it, its gone off and i would have to connect to a wall charger, then do the soft reset procedure.

Of late it goes of at will, while in use,while i browsing, sometimes it goes to sleep while I am watching a movie or using it actively and i would have to swipe to get it back up, at other times, it brings out the options to turn off, lock or go on standby on the screen (the options that appear when you touch the battery) and then proceeds to turn itself off. Then it doesnt respond when you try turning it back on.

And when it does, it tries boothing, shows the blackberry screen, then goes off and starts all over again, it could do this for hours before it eventually comes back up.

I believe it might be a software related issue, however the device has refused to grant me access to even reinstall the os, when it came on long enough to be connected to the computer it went off on its own as I started the back up process.

I need help with this on what to do.
    01-04-13 03:22 AM
    That's very strange. Could be to do with the power levels? When the PlayBook's power gets to low, it wont turn on. I was like that at first, "oh no, what's going on???" Multiple question marks for emphasis. But, the thing is, with the PlayBook, is that you have to let it do it's thing. It worries me sometimes, soo I just hold the power button for about a minute and let the whole thing go off, then restart it. That works often enough. But with your problem, what I suggest is that you turn the whole device of, nothing on, and then plug into a wall charger and leave it for 48 hours at least. If there's still a problem, go back to your retailer.
    01-04-13 07:58 AM
    You think it would stay on long enough to do a security wipe? I'm assuming it is giving you this issue with a full battery so charging it won't help. Don't backup apps and stuff unless you want saved games and make sure you have copies of your documents. Do a security wipe and before reinstalling apps make sure it isn't still giving you this issue. If it still is then it may be a hardware issue.
    01-04-13 09:15 AM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    01-04-13 10:37 AM
    I'm not sure you accomplished a reset. With the PB on and no apps running, press and hold the power and (+)volume button, pressing the (-) volume button is unnecessary. Hold down through all notifications, but the one you shouldn't see is a notification saying "Turning PlayBook Off". Once the screen goes black, release the buttons and within a second or two you should see the red LED comes on, letting you know the PB is restarting. This restart should happen on it's own, not you turning it on. Now you have performed a hard reset.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-04-13 10:44 AM